• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Stealthy Challenge! (855)

k6666

Pikachu Fan
this epsiode meh
in the last scene the teacher dont want friend to interfere the battle but ash can join the battle okay
this time i'm really mad at Team plot device i should just rename it to team irrelevant , they just ruin the mood in this episode
the highlight about this episode is froagadier speedy aerial ace , now i hope ash swept ramos
fro me 5/10

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
You know, i think the writers are really trying to make Ash's Frogadier fighting style a bit similar to that of "Naruto".

I mean the new animation of Aerial Ace is really good. But if we think of Frogadier combining it with Double Team, then it would definitely look a lot similar to "Uzumaki Naruto Rendan" (known as the "Naruto Uzumaki Combo" in the dub).

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
You know, i think the writers are really trying to make Ash's Frogadier fighting style a bit similar to that of "Naruto".

I mean the new animation of Aerial Ace is really good. But if we think of Frogadier combining it with Double Team, then it would definitely look a lost similar to "Uzumaki Naruto Rendan" (known as the "Naruto Uzumaki Combo" in the dub).

Lol, good catch, it's almost exactly like that :D

It's not like it's a bad place to steal from anyways.

diakyu

(known as the "Naruto Uzumaki Combo" in the dub).
The English dub calls it the "Naruto Uzumaki Barrage". I have it drilled in my mind from when I was a kid lol. Bur Frogadier and Froakie did remind me of some of the stuff from Naruto, but I think that's just because they're both based off ninjas.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
After 15 years, the water curse is finally broken

thetamale

It's a shame it's going to feel so long until this episode because there'll be nothing new for three weeks. Also the fourth episode into the new season will make the opening credits outdated.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It's a shame it's going to feel so long until this episode because there'll be nothing new for three weeks. Also the fourth episode into the new season will make the opening credits outdated.

They might change a few scenes when we pass Ramos's fight because a lot happens from then on.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
(aside from the evolution) I found this to be painfully predictable but it has ninjas so I suppose that the episode breaks even? The walking robot was kind of neat.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If there's anything to praise the dub for it's the removal of playing Volt every single time something evolves which gets old and annoying.

So yeah thank you for that.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Wow. Sanpei's Greninja...is really pathetic. Even Sanpei looks more underwhelming.

Seriously. When those two were first introduced, Sanpei and his frog basically kept an upper edge on Ash and Froakie during the whole episode, but here both suffered from extreme badass decay and can't basically do things without the HEROES helping them out. You'd think we'd see Greninja beating things like a mofo? No. He repeatedly gets smacked around and can't even deal a good hit for his life. But not for Ash's Frogadier who can pummel Rock-types down with multiple Aerial Ace hits and Cut. In the end, Greninja was just...kind of there. (Props for Serena not being extremely irked by being saved by a tongue wrapping around her waist. Girl is tough).

And it takes a simply Shiftry mask to utterly fool Sanpei. His master is also underwhelming in the disguise department. Even Diantha looked more promising than he did.

Poor Ash. He can't stop dexing the same Pokemon. Well, at least he looked up Frogadier's new attack.

JD

Wow. Sanpei's Greninja...is really pathetic. Even Sanpei looks more underwhelming.

Seriously. When those two were first introduced, Sanpei and his frog basically kept an upper edge on Ash and Froakie during the whole episode, but here both suffered from extreme badass decay and can't basically do things without the HEROES helping them out. You'd think we'd see Greninja beating things like a mofo? No. He repeatedly gets smacked around and can't even deal a good hit for his life. But not for Ash's Frogadier who can pummel Rock-types down with multiple Aerial Ace hits and Cut. In the end, Greninja was just...kind of there. (Props for Serena not being extremely irked by being saved by a tongue wrapping around her waist. Girl is tough).

And it takes a simply Shiftry mask to utterly fool Sanpei. His master is also underwhelming in the disguise department. Even Diantha looked more promising than he did.

Poor Ash. He can't stop dexing the same Pokemon. Well, at least he looked up Frogadier's new attack.

They're never going to appear again once Ash gets his Greninja so I don't see why they matter honestly.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
It was nice to see Sanpei again and to discover that his Frogadier had evolved into Greninja (still weird to see it's tongue as a scarf). The adventure wasn't gripping but it was entertaining, especially when Clemont unveiled his 'dummies', they were hilarious. The other highlight was Froakie's evolution but I will miss the little guy as I can expect his personality to recede but I certainly hope not.

Nice episode, onto the next one!

Vipsoccermaster

Pretty good episode. Robot versions of the heroes was hilarious. It's pretty cool to see Froakie evolve, and that's the first evolution for a Water Starter for Ash.

This was a decent episode with the best moments being Ash's Froakie evolving as well as TR being fooled by Clemont's group decoy, though Sanpei's master being the masked ninja being incredibly predictable.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
So glad to see Froakie had evolved, and a long time coming. Frogadier is pretty cool and doesn't get enough attention than it deserves.

Sanpei's Greninja was animated pretty well, too. Although Sanpei seems awfully less confident than he did in his debut episode. Ash got more spotlight in this episode, alongside his own Pokemon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So in the dub Ash says Frogadier even learned some new moves. Was this just a dub thing or was it plural in the original too??

So, Greninja does, in fact, have a mouth. I honestly didn't think it had one.
Call me slow, but, I'm ot sure if this was even the intent right from the start, I wonder if Ash's "Science is so amazing!" exclamation is supposed to be a reference to the games, where there's always that one guy in the starting town who says either the exact same thing or something similar.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Call me slow, but, I'm ot sure if this was even the intent right from the start, I wonder if Ash's "Science is so amazing!" exclamation is supposed to be a reference to the games, where there's always that one guy in the starting town who says either the exact same thing or something similar.

Nope. It's just Clemont's running gag.

1) Take out bigger invention from backpack/out of nowhere.

2) Boast about lame name which Bonnie points out.

3) Ash fanboys over it and reveals his suppressed Unova self when doing it.

4) Serena stares.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
The English dub calls it the "Naruto Uzumaki Barrage". I have it drilled in my mind from when I was a kid lol. Bur Frogadier and Froakie did remind me of some of the stuff from Naruto, but I think that's just because they're both based off ninjas.

I love using that in the Uzumaki Chronicles games XD

At long last he evolves a water starter :)