• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Storm To Remember - A Gen 5 Ubers Rain Team

aggron2000

Chess Nerd
Hey guys. This is my team that I've fixed around a long way so I'm finally laddering in the top 150. The only problem is it's ridiculously easy to ladder in gen 5 ubers due to the lack of players, and I'm really aiming for some more prestigious goals. If you can make any edits it would be appreciated.

Palkia w/ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Aura Sphere
Palkia is my right hand... Uh... DRAGON OF THE SUCH. Good coverage, decent speed to destroy some Rayquaza as well as other threats, and expert belt just complimenting that amazing coverage. With 100 speed, 150 special attack and decent bulk for Ubers, Palkia is a really nice pokemon for my team. I'm contemplating Surf > Hydro Pump just for the accuracy, but is doing the equivilent of 67.5 base (after rainboost and STAB) really worth a 15% chance of missing is my dilemma.

Kyogre w/ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Surf
Guess why this thing is on my rain team!
Seriously though. I find Scarfogre better than Secsogre just because Kyogre really doesn't have enough bulk to carry its slow speed. Also, it allows it to outspeed Arceus, which is of course one of the biggest Uber threats. My logic with Scarf v.s. Specs is for water spout to do as much with specs you need 66.7% or more health. 33% can be lost very easily if you go last the majority of the time. I'm contemplating Hydro Pump > Surf, but again, accuracy.

Deoxys-Attack w/ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty
- Psycho Boost
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- ExtremeSpeed
oh how I love Deoxys. my only problem is I have no idea what item to stick with. I've swapped this with Life Orb in and out, as I'm not exactly compelled to lead with my Deoxys due to the plethora of Darkrais leading. (Which may I add Scarfogre outspeeds?) Also, Psychic/Psyshock > Psycho Boost, I don't exactly enjoy my special attack being halved after 1 use.

Rayquaza w/ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- V-create
- Dragon Dance
Fear the rayquaza. It expels all the opposing weathers that give it a hard time, including rain itself lowering the power of V-Create. Though I don't have many opporotunities to set up Dragon Dance, it can really help its case, giving it the same attack and speed of both a band and a scarf. Add that to STAB Outrage and 438 attack, you get pure death inside a green dragon. Can't think of any changes, but of course good ones will be accepted.
Arceus-Electric w/ Zap Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Calm Mind
Ubers team without Arceus? What are you, crazy? This guy, this guy has the luxury of 120 base everything, Calm Mind Thunder, good defenses letting it set up for 6 turns with ease, Arceus-Electric is an Arceus above all other Arceus. Thunder > Judgement for obvious reasons, 30 base more after applied STAB.
Giratina w/ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Roar
If I had to pick a least favorite member of my team, it would be this guy, only due to my lack of Dragon resistance. Giratina, however, is a perfect counter to many Sand threats such as Excadrill and believe it or not, Tyranitar. It also obliverates Blaziken utterly when no one else can, as well as Swords Dance E-Speed Arceus-Normal, a big threat for my team. I might want to go for something other than Dragon Pulse, but can't really think of much.

Overall my team is decently built, but lacks a spinner as the only good spinner in Ubers, Excadrill, has no niche on non-sand teams. setting up would also be nice, but the only thing that does both of those roles is Foretress, which tbh I don't really like in Ubers. Any help would be appreciated, as my team has some flaws in them. Thanks you.