• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A stormy water team! (OU, OU monotype)

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
After a while, I decided to build a water monotype team. It's based of rain, and has alot of prioroty which will surely surprise my opponent. Please list any improvements and/or replacements that could be made. Thanks!

http://i42.*******.com/256tssm.png
Credit to awildmew ^^

186.gif

Kermit (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Perish Song
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
After the death of qwilfish, Kermit immediately comes in to set up rain to benefit the rest of my team. This is a physically defenceive set, so pokemon like scizor are pretty much stuck. Perish song is very useful for either forcing a switch or killing a pokemon that has set up. Scald is Kermit's special STAB and has a chance to burn, which ruins physical attackers like lucario. Ice beam deals with unwanted grass types like celibi and is 4x super effective against dragon threats like flygon, garchomp and salamence. Toxic is used to poison walls like gastrodon to slowly wear away their HP. The Ev spread and nature is to make Kermit the best physical wall possible.

565.gif

Poseidon (Carracosta) (M) @ White Herb
Trait: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
Now, with a bit of luck, this demolishes teams. Strait away, use shell smash. White herb restores the stat drop. Thanks to sturdy or is impossible for it to die strait away. This is especially usefull if the opponent uses a boosting move, switches or missses, because I can then set up more than one shell smash. Even after shell smash, carracosta is slow so aqua jet deals with this. It is also 1 hit ko in rain without shell smash on alakasam too. Rain greatly increases the power. Waterfall is for slower, more bulky threats and has chance to flinch, making sweeping easier. Stone edge is carracosta's rock STAB and has a high base power and critical hit ratio. The Ev spread and nature increases carracosta's sweeping ability. Here is an example of carracosta's sweeping ability.http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oumonotype-42172117

160.gif

Gawain (Feraligatr) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
This set is a physical attacking set and can also sweep. water fall is a great physical STAB in rain and does a ton of damage even if the opponent resists it and flinch chance Is nice. With good prediction,I can set up swords dance to potentially sweep the opponent. Aqua jet is very powerful in rain and has priority over faster pokemon. Crunch is for psychic pokemon like alakasam and starmie, and has chance to lower defence. Life orb is for more power and torrent can be use full for delivering a final blow when his hp is low. The Ev spread and nature is again to increase sweeping ability.

091.gif

Shelly (Cloyster) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
Another sweeper, this pokemon is a dragon killer.after shell smash, cloyster is a monster and can guarantee one is used because of focus sash. Icicle spear always hits 5 times thanks to skill link and breaks sub/sash/sturdy. Rock blast is the same but for other threats, but has a chance to miss. Ice shard deals with fast pokemon that intend of killing cloyster. The Ev spread and nature is to increase sweeping ability.
647.gif

Epona (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ground]
This pokemon is my special attacker, and is very fast with choice scarf. Secret sword deals with special walls like blissy by hitting for physical damage and is Keldeo's fighting STAB. Surf and hydro pump are both water stabs with high power in rain but hydro pump gains power but has a chance to miss, while surf is safe. Hidden power ground beats electric pokemon and steel pokemon like magnezone or ferrothron. The Ev spread and nature make this pokemon a great special attacker with high speed.

211.gif

Sea Mine (Qwilfish) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Poison Jab
- Pain Split
- Spikes
- Haze
This is my lead pokemon. With intimate and poison/water typing it makes for a great physical wall. This allows me to set up spikes, most of the time 3, causing a large amount of damage to pokemon that switch in not of the flying type or levitate (I think). Poison jab is a nice physical STAB move and has a chance to poison too. Pain split deals with high hp pokemon and is a form of recovery and Haze is great to stop baton passers like ninjask or smeargle ruining the team. The Ev spread is to make this pokemon as much as a physical wall as possible. Black sludge is leftovers with the advantage that if it's stolen via trick it will damage the non poison opponent. Below is a video of qwilfish in action in OU.http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-42428328

I tested this team. We struggle with hail teams, so any suggestions?

Changes?
I did replace samurott with qwilfish because samurott was basically a worse feraligatr with megahorn instead, and I though spikes would help me sweep and haze could stop set up sweepers.

Origin: this team was dreamed up when I saw a carracosta on WiFi with shell smash and aqua jet. This inspired me to make a team with carracosta.

Kermit (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Perish Song
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Poseidon (Carracosta) (M) @ White Herb
Trait: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

Gawain (Feraligatr) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

Shelly (Cloyster) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

Epona (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Sea Mine (Qwilfish) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Poison Jab
- Pain Split
- Spikes
- Haze
Btw, the attachment was an accident. Ignorer it.

Attachments

• 256tssm.png
    256tssm.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

Seanferno

PokeGyms Owner
For Carracosta, use Earthquake instead of Aqua Jet.

For Feraligatr, use Ice Fang instead of Aqua Jet.

For Keldeo, use:
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Secret Sword

Otherwise a pretty good team!

McDanger

rotom wash, celebi, and breloom take a huge dump on the team, I would drop carracosta for bulky dd gyarados as it beats breloom and non offensive celebi, and sets up on them, and i would switch cloyster for gastrodon to shut down rotom wash, as well as pivot against the lati twins. Lastly hp ground on keldeo is a waste, give it hp ice so dragons dont steamroll your team

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
rotom wash, celebi, and breloom take a huge dump on the team, I would drop carracosta for bulky dd gyarados as it beats breloom and non offensive celebi, and sets up on them, and i would switch cloyster for gastrodon to shut down rotom wash, as well as pivot against the lati twins. Lastly hp ground on keldeo is a waste, give it hp ice so dragons dont steamroll your team

I see. I won't change it on the thread, but I will make a new team on PS with these pokemon instead to try it out! If it works, ill change it.
Thanks for the help! The reason I use carracosta in the first place because it's surprising to be seen in OU or OU monotyppe, but sure, I'll give gyrados a try.as for gastrodon, that sounds like a great idea!
@Seaferno
I tried this set, and I'm quite fond of it! Thanks for the help!

Seanferno

PokeGyms Owner
Wanna have a OU Mono challenge? I will use my fighting type team.

appelpower

Sinnoh Champion
Idk if this team is against other Waters only. If so, Lapras is advised, as he is the ultimate anti-Water Pokémon. Immune to Water and 4x resistant to Ice, Lapras can wall the offensive core of a Water type while hitting back with Thunderbolt. Add stats that any tank would kill for to the mix, and you've got an extremely impressive Pokémon.