• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Stravia is Born! (481)

I think Starly evolved way too early.

Ditto.
I like the way Staravia sounds for some reason, sounds so...unique for a pokemon.

Oh, and if Starly didn't evolve, there could('ve) been a dub title called "wish upon a Starly"
(I just thought that up a while ago.) :p

Noooo, Starly evolved. ;-;

He evolved way too early...>_>, and lol at Meowth in this episode.

Surreal

DIRTY HACKERS
I thought this episode was alright. It kind of got boring for me and I lost intrest. I wish Starly did more.

I think Starly evolved way too early.
It evolves at level 14, so it makes sense that Staravia would debut as Ash's and not as a wild within the first 20 episodes.

And what's-her-name had a weirder British accent than Lily.o_O

It evolves at level 14, so it makes sense that Staravia would debut as Ash's and not as a wild within the first 20 episodes.

And what's-her-name had a weirder British accent than Lily.o_O

Levels don't really exist in the anime. I think pokemon sometimes evolve on their own will, or when they has enough strength to do so.

Treecko evolves 2 levels after Starly, yet Ash's Treecko evolved into Grovyle 59 episodes after it's capture, It participated in many battles, and it probobaly had a lot of experence before it got caught, so he might've evolved by his own choice.

Cupil

Starly looked so cute when it was having its leg tended to. I also liked how it took up the role of leader while all the other bird pokemon were moping.

There's something about Staravia's voice that I love. I laughed when I first heard it, it sounds so highbrow.

scissorX

My favourite Sinnoh episode to date, including the ones that have aired in Japan.

I think that, after hearing Staravias dub voice, I like it twice as much. And that is saying something considering its been my favourite Pokémon on Ash's team since it was caught as a Starly way back when the Jap episode aired.

I liked seeing a whole episode based around Starly/Staravia, simply because hes awesome (I'm refering to it as a he because he has a larger marking on his forehead). And it really showed just how powerful the lil' brain damamged bird is, as well as its skills as a leader.

But I think Ash summed it up 'We've got a Staravia on the team now, get ready for some big wins!'. Or something like that.

Also it was quite funny how Bonsly all of a sudden learnt Mimic and how it gazed at Staravia as it evolved. What could this mean! Oh those writers are so subtle and sneaky!

Wynaut?

ALso, waht the crap was with teh filler girl having a British accent?
What's wrong with that? >_> We have to put up with American accents all the time. I thought it made a nice change. Typical they made her sound as posh as hell too.

I liked this episode, Staravia's dub voice is a nice change. The one thing I didn't get was how Seviper was able to climb the ladder. :p It's nice to see Dustox getting a bit more screen time lately too. I'm guessing Bonsly evolves soonish, what with it learning Mimic?

I'm gonna start skipping the in medias res bit at the start of each episode, I think.

Medea

Excalibur
Well, seeing as Starly has two evolutions, it's only necessary that it evolved early in the series, or what I've noticed with the other flying pokemon Ash has gotten throughout the series.

Anyways, I didn't really enjoy this episode. Just boring. The only thing that was worth watching was Meowth's lines occassionally got me laughing. And there were a couple of times where I thought this was Prison Break (Pokemon style). Couldn't resist!

But other than that, lost interest!

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Muku.BIRD’s voice >>>>>>>>>>> Staravia‘s voice.

Yeah, that’s all the opinion I plan on contributing here.

Blaziryu

I thought that this episode was alright. This episode makes me wonder about Ash's Pidgeot. Ash is pretty stupid for releasing a PKMN that he can fly on. TR were stupid in this episode. If they weren't so greedy, they would've gotten away with a few Flying-type PKMN.

Manly Blissey

I thought that this episode was alright. This episode makes me wonder about Ash's Pidgeot. Ash is pretty stupid for releasing a PKMN that he can fly on. TR were stupid in this episode. If they weren't so greedy, they would've gotten away with a few Flying-type PKMN.

Very true. TR could've got some flying PKMN easy..

Dax

Legend
Loved it. The animation was awesome and there were so much cool details.

Isn't it ironic that Ash said We have a Staravia, now we are going to get a lot of wins. Ash practically doesn't use the pokemon, only two battles if I remember.

Anyway, Staravia's voice is weird. I don't know how to feel about it. I like it but not as much as MUKU!!.

Anyway, one of my favorites.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Levels don't really exist in the anime. I think pokemon sometimes evolve on their own will, or when they has enough strength to do so.

Treecko evolves 2 levels after Starly, yet Ash's Treecko evolved into Grovyle 59 episodes after it's capture, It participated in many battles, and it probobaly had a lot of experence before it got caught, so he might've evolved by his own choice.

I think the writers wanted to get the ball rolling with Starly. Plus, Grovyle was a very popular pokemon(believe me ;) ), so the writers probably wanted to keep him 2nd stage for as long as possible before evolving to Sceptile (which had not as many fans...look at elyvorg :p ).

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
I think Starly evolved way too early. Both Starly's and Bonsly's evolutions don't make sense!

How does Bonsly's evolution not make sense? Bonsly evolves upon learning Mimic, which it did in this episode. Aside from that, Brock has had it for some time.