• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Stravia is Born! (481)

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
Pretty good episode. I'm not too keen on Staravia's voice, though. I was hoping for something similar to Starly's. And Brock's arms seemed exceptionally skinny this episode. Who was the animator?

Teh Goodzors:
-We see some personality from Starly! Ash's flying type has personality!
-Meowth getting hypnotised by Hoothoot=Priceless!
-Bonsly finally learns Mimic! Next stop, Sudowoodo!
-TR had a really good plan for once. It reminded me of "Bye Bye Butterfree" though. Must be the big net.
-CACNEA'S BACK!!!!

Teh Badzors:
-Staravia's voice. 'Nuff said.
-I'm glad they tried giving someone a different accent than American, but it wasn't that good. It sounded like a bad mixing of an Australian and British accents being done by an American...
-Bugsy/Gardenia mix! GAAH!

Last edited:

R_N

What's wrong with that? >_> We have to put up with American accents all the time. I thought it made a nice change. Typical they made her sound as posh as hell too.

I liked this episode, Staravia's dub voice is a nice change. The one thing I didn't get was how Seviper was able to climb the ladder. :p It's nice to see Dustox getting a bit more screen time lately too. I'm guessing Bonsly evolves soonish, what with it learning Mimic?

I'm gonna start skipping the in medias res bit at the start of each episode, I think.

I'm sorry, let me try that again..."Why did she have such a crappy British accent?"
IT just sounded so...off...
Like you could really tell the person doing it was someone tryign to imitate a British accent. Sorry to have insulted you.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
That filler girl had an obvious British accent which was very strong.

BTW, Team Rocket was way too cocky when they battled against Brock's Bonsly.

diamondman

best pokemon master

Pearl's Perap

Great episode, one of my favourites so far, mainly due to the whole horde of bird-type pokémon and the evolution of Starly.

One thing that annoyed me was that bird watchers voice, I hate it when people try to put accents on and either fail miserably or seemingly mock the country of origin, if you get my meaning, her voice was horrendous...

And on the topic of voices, Staravia's voice, well, I actually love it, I didn't expect it to be like that and that is probably why I like it so much.

Entertaining episode all round really, especially the hypnotised Meowth part, that bit had me laughing, I must admit...

9.5/10

I shall purely reiterate what most people have been saying about this episode, with all it's pros and cons etc. The bird hordes were missing some Noctowl definitely, and I liked the computer animated 'tunnel run', even if it did look like it was taken from the 8th movie...
Also, where was Mime Jr. in TR's motto recount?

Here's hoping 'Rosemay' doesn't make another appearance...

RyuKage

New trainer
aswome i havnt watched the episodes in a while because they started to get off topic Now its so much better!

Rapiido

I thought it was a pretty good episode I didn't like Rose"B"ay's voice though (it's a B not M)... sounding like a cheap imitation.

I'm not a huge fan of Staravia's voice. I hate how it says it's full name every time instead of "Star Star Viaaaaaa" or what most Pokemon do.

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
It seemed a bit early for an evolution, but w/e

Rebeccag

i wasnt so keen on the girl she was kinda annoying but it was good to see an evolution i felt sorry for starly though when it banged into the tree and had to have its leg bandged up by Brock

Alf Tuggy

I liked the episode,but I hated that they showed Starly evolving in the beginning

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
I didn't know why Ash's Starly evolved but I might not know it Staravia's cry might be the difference to the other Starly. Like what the episode says, A Staravia is Born!

uber gon

Accept Change
I thought it was a pretty good episode I didn't like Rose"B"ay's voice though (it's a B not M)... sounding like a cheap imitation.

I'm not a huge fan of Staravia's voice. I hate how it says it's full name every time instead of "Star Star Viaaaaaa" or what most Pokemon do.

Yeah, the voice was annoying.

latios reborn

I still haven't seen this episode I can't even find it on youtube anyone know where else I could have the slightest chance to see it?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I think the bird trap was one of the smarter devices that Team Rocket has invented. Putting it in a canyon that bird pokemon frequently fly through at a corner where they can't stop in enough time was very smart. I also like the hoothoot hypnotizing Meowth into letting them escape, it was hilarious. :) Plus, seeing Jessie and James in their swimsuits was a neat treat (LOL when they told Meowth they were going to do "research", then strip off their clothes).

I also like the pokemon character development in this episode, with Starly evolving (love its voice) and Bonsly learning mimic, setting the stage for its evolution in the next episode.