• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Stravia is Born! (481)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
This one was one of my favorites.
Why: Starly evolved so that makes it stronger and I love Staravia' dub voice.
I also thought the trap where all birds fell in made the episode better then any stealing plan team rocket has tried.
And all those Bird Pokemon made it a good episode to watch.
Also the dub's name makes more scene and I like it better.
The sub name is kind of stupid just like most sub episode names.
I would give it 4 stars if I was a rater.

milenadrg

Episode was exellent and I loved to see Starly having main role and evoloving(maybe it was too early for it to evolove, but whatever). Staravia's voice was extra in both English and Japanesse dubs...

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Finally unpacked. You see, the reason I make these semi-blog snippets at the beginning of these suckers is so that I don't have to create an entire blog website like WPM.

This episode is a true landmark in Pokemon history, and one far bigger than either Mudkip's or Seaking's debuts. It is, of course, the birth of Muku.BIRD. Oh, good times, good times. In the span of 12 episodes, it had grown from retardified chickling to a full-grown BIRD of heavenly proportions. That said, this episode actually had substance besides the evolution. The general plot was ordinary (TR nets a band of wild Pokemon, Satoshi's Pokemon saves the day), but was executed nicely. Flying Pokemon aren't used as victims very often and I give TR credit for a fairly ellaborate scheme (although you have to believe some time gap exists for these schemes to unfold, especially with an entire bird Pokemon population vanishing just from TR).

Let's face it - Mukkuru had hardly been explored before this episode. It had one TR-search mission and that's it. Giving it not only a leadership personality but really having it flesh out (evolution included) worked wonders for the thing. I really like the whole bird Pokemon frenzy before Mukkuru's evolution, and Hoothoot & Nyasu was great for a few laughs. As for annoyances? The COTD was dry and did the episode no favors, the overall plot was still ordinary in spite of being enjoyable, and I probably would have appreciated some more Mukkuru development before this episode. Still a worthy coronation for the bird, however.

B

The only thing that would have made this episode better is if they hadn't made it blatently obvious that Starly was going to evolve. Usually they prefer to surprise us with these evolutions, even if we already know that the pokemon will evolve soon. It always adds more excitement in my mind when they have surprise evolutions like when Chimchar and Swinub evolved.

Melloyu

Didn't liked the episode, was a little bit normal . I normally like the evolution of a pokemon, but this was just so boring to watch >_>

catzisconfus

i likes seeing all the birds together, 9/10 gets this episode, i liked the trap of team rocket ^^

danparker

I watched this episode 2 years ago. It was an interesting episode. And I liked the female character in this episode. She was okay with an accent.

Surfer_Dude

Aspiring Guitarist
Yes starly evolved!!! hooray!!!
Awesome episode, i have always loved episodes when pokemon evolve :)

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
What accent was that anyway? British? Australia? Texan? I am never good at knowing what accents it is unless it's obivous.

Anyway I like this episode since I like flying Pokemon (Pidgeot, Swellow, Staraptor, Noctowl, Altaria, Articuno for example), interesting to see all the different type of flying Pokemon. Interesting that Starly evovled into Staravia.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
What accent was that anyway? British? Australia? Texan? I am never good at knowing what accents it is unless it's obivous.

I honestly don't know either; all I know is that it was completely unnecessary. Ths episode was an ok episode by early Sinnoh's standards. I was sad that Starly evolved so soon first of all. I like Starly but it didn't get too many big moments until it evolved into a Staravia in this episode. He was cuter in that first stage. I'm loving Team Rocket's scheme though, since it was working great. 6/10.

Last edited:

Shadow XD001

Starly's evolution was nice, and it also gave Bonsly the inspiration to evolve in the next episode. Starly's evolution seemed kinda short, but we all know Staravias evolution took a long time.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Bonsly's new move was good, i loved it.

Staravia was much faster then Starly. and much more stronger also.

6.5/10.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This was one of the few episodes where TR actually had a solid plan that worked for capturing pokemon, but like always, it never ends good. I wasn't expecting Starly to evolve so soon, but I'm glad it did. Overall it was good episode.

JohnLee

This was one of the few episodes where TR actually had a solid plan that worked for capturing pokemon, but like always, it never ends good. I wasn't expecting Starly to evolve so soon, but I'm glad it did. Overall it was good episode.

I think that all of TR's plans have the potential of working, it's just the the gang gets involved and ruins their plans. I'm glad that Starly evolved fast. He finally has a three-stage bird pokemon again!

saar

Shiny Flygon
One of the best episodes with Flying pokemon I have ever seen.
Staravia's speed has improved and it became much stronger.:)

~Platinum~

<- Caught it!
I hate how the writers are trying to cram everything important into the first few episodes of the saga. It's going to give us so many fillers later on. Now onto the positive part of the post.
This was a rather good episode. Starly has hardly gotten any screentime since it was captured and it looked very cute in this episode, even with the bandage on it's leg. TR actually had a fairly impressive and well though out plan for once. And some moments were quite comical too. It was funny how Hoothoot hypnotized Meowth and then all the bird pokemon made him help out with their jail break. I also found it funny how Starly and Hoothoot were ordering all the pokemon around during the jail break, it made me think that Starly was the leader and Hoothoot was the right-hand man.
They really tried to pack every bird pokemon into this episode. It was funny how they all flew out of that hole in the ground. Organized chaos like this is always a good time.
And Bonsly learns Mimic showing that it will evolve very soon. Starly/Staravia learned Aerial Ace, which is good because Aerial Ace is a good STAB attack for a newly evolved, stronger Staravia.
A good episode, but I think that they could have showed Starly a little more before it evolved.

We are officially blessed with the wonders that is Staravia!

Here's to all the future brain-damaged, crazy antics Staravia will bestow us with!

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Team Rocket's bird catcher robot was so funny