• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle! (1166)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1166.jpg

A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle!​

Ash has received his first Pokémon World Coronation Series Ultra Rank battle challenge, and this challenge is against Volkner, the Gym Leader of Sunyshore City. Ash had a tough battle with Volkner in the past, so Ash plans ahead and brings his Z-Ring. Will Ash manage to beat Volkner for a second time?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

wellwellwells

Gengar's job is to literally job.
Yeah, but it did force Luxray out, he battled really well there. Disappointed it didn’t even land a hit vs Rotom tho.

Dose Ash won? And what new moves that Lucario & Gengar using?

Episode is still being aired (on break right now) but Gengar got no new moves. He only used Night Shade, Psychic and Ice Punch though, so maybe Shadowball was replaced.

nickdt

Lucario defeated Fan. Volkners Electivire knows Wild Charge and Iron Tail. It has kept Fire Punch.

D

Deleted member 384931

-Cynthia in the Master Class.
-I have given up on Gengar, really
-rank 64???so fast?
-alot of switching
7/10

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I dont mind how the battle went, was hype but I already know many people would be disappointed lol, fair game
CYNTHIA LETS GOOO
Really hope Bea being there doesnt mean shes already in master class
Anyway we are definitely getting Ash vs Cynthia and I cant be more hyped <3

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Really intense and amazing match, the first time the PWC felt like a difficult and big event what with the crowd and the battle being televized worldwide, and how much Ash had to switch up after being overwhelmed now that Volkner is not restricted by Gym rules.

Would have been 10/10 if:
- More strategies were used instead of outright brute force, only Volkner was using his Hex-Paralyze combo with Electric Terrain.
- Gengar hadn't been made a fall guy again after ages of neglect, even if Lucario managed to shine and get 2 scores under its belt.
- Pikachu hadn't become the star of the show just for the sake of showing the Z-Move and Motor Drive being countered (this was pure bs, I'll wait on subs though).
- Rank climb wasn't rushed, 99 to 64 is TOO much, even for the potential 5 battles teased back in JN065.

Oh hey, Cynthia's back.

Last edited:
Decent episode, pretty intense. 6/10. Unfortunately I thought the animation was underwhelming, but maybe that's my fault for being too hyped up based on leaks. That and Gengar jobbing yet again didn't help the episode. The music choice in this episode hurt the battle as well I thought, didn't really get me amped up at all.