• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle! (1166)

D

Deleted member 384931

Decent episode, pretty intense. 6/10. Unfortunately I thought the animation was underwhelming, but maybe that's my fault for being too hyped up based on leaks. That and Gengar jobbing yet again didn't help the episode. The music choice in this episode hurt the battle as well I thought, didn't really get me amped up at all.
I feel you. It wasnt bad, but I couldnt get in the battle.

I feel you. It wasnt bad, but I couldnt get in the battle.
Honestly, mechanically the battle read pretty good besides the Gengar jobbing and the Motor Drive bit, but really the soundtrack and animation is letting down what should be good battles.

Torpoleon

Really great battle! Ash was overwhelmed throughout most of it.

I could picture Infernape watching at Oak's Lab, yelling at the screen. Speaking of which, I hope we see reserves in battle soon, at least for people like Cynthia.

It is exciting to get confirmation of Cynthia though. Hope for an epic 6 on 6 with Ash's Sinnoh team.

The Z move not affecting Motor Drive was kind of lame. Vollmer probably would've won if he kept Electivire in against Lucario.

Still a great episode.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
During the last Sunnyshore battle we saw the born of Torterra the Jobber.

Now 11 years latter in the same place we see another legend of Jobbering born.

ALL BRACE GENGAR THE JOBBER.

Some things:

Do Motor Drive or Water Absorb absorb Z-MOVES in the game? I know that Z-Moves cannot be protected at all. But I don't know about this. I thought that the times of "Aim for the horn" were gone.

Are Elite Fours this weak? I see no Elite Four in the future? Don't compare Volkner or Bea to Agatha, Marshall, Lucian Drake or Flint please.

Nice animated battle, but... Where is the strategy?

Are we made to believe he will fight these guys in a team with Gengar the Jobber?

Rohanator

Cmon you can't call Gengar a jobber when it forced Luxray to withdraw, it's not all about win/loss rates they did a good job showing what makes Gengar unique and dangerous and the damage it did allowed Lucario to tie with Luxray later.

Awesome battle, I don't think I've ever seen this much switching in a 3v3, that Electivire play from Denji was some straight competitive sh*t, Tomioka-san isn't playing around with the Hyper Class.

And nerds better not meme on this just cause it's not game accurate if there's one Electric move that should be allowed to transcend Motordrive it's the Satopika-Z, Satoshi even commented on how he wanted to use the strongest electric move when he heard he was facing Denji.

Also them implying Satoshi might ACTUALLY get to battle Shirona in the Master class gives me chills, that's gonna be legendary.