• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Super-Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle! (1166)

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I'd be surprised if Cynthia wouldn't be in Master League. DP remakes just solidified her appearance as very much expected by everyone.

That Paralyze/Hex combo was superb. Constant switch-ins and a full 20 minutes of 3-3 battle is executed much better than Iris'. I hope many more are to come as true battling is what most of us missed from the series for long.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Gonna be honest, wasn’t really feeling this battle. Felt like Gengar fell a little too easily, Volkner had Ash against the ropes the entire match, and the Z-Move over Motor Drive just wasn’t my cup of tea. I’ll definitely be in the minority but this really felt like Ash was struggling against someone way more skilled than him because he was using inexperienced Pokémon. I expected a lot more strategic plays from Ash but sadly got none.

Oh yeah that was another point i felt was pretty weird about this episode. It felt like ash didn’t try any strategy and just brute forced everything while volkner was the one with all the strategies and actually felt in control until the end.

Morax

King of heroes
How is it a DEM at this point when it was something previously used, established, and everyone was aware of it existing?

Swear people just use terms without knowing what they mean lol.
I meant it in the context that it's an invincible attack. The show confessing that it's plot armor is something i find hilarious.

Watershuriken97

Oh yeah that was another point i felt was pretty weird about this episode. It felt like ash didn’t try any strategy and just brute forced everything while volkner was the one with all the strategies and actually felt in control until the end.
Yeah in one way it makes perfect sense that a gym leader would have to try so hard vs ash since he's a better trainer.... but on the other hand it's a new team, and it's kinda out of character for ash to not be creative

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Yeah in one way it makes perfect sense that a gym leader would have to try so hard vs ash since he's a better trainer.... but on the other hand it's a new team, and it's kinda out of character for ash to not be creative
I don’t really think that’s an excuse when ash was way more creative when fighting visquez who is definitely way down the ladder of electric trainers.

It just seems that ash was dead set in winning by brute force for whatever reason. He even brute forced through an ability just to top it off! lol.

diakyu

Ash handicapping himself with Pikachu not being in a Pokeball if you can pull stuff like that thunderbolt dodge. Humble king giving himself a disadvantage so his pokemon is comfortable.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
When non one in the audience reacted to Ash's intro at the beginning in the episode, was anyone else hearing either a cricket chirp or the background character from Spongebob yelling "BOO, YOU STINK!!" in their heads?

In all honesty though, this seemed like one of the more realistic reactions I've heard in the series since most of the audience are fans of Volkner's and, even if they saw Ash battle in the Sinnoh League, they probably don't even remember it because of how long ago it was. Plus, Ash was able to win the crowd over at the end.

Watershuriken97

I don’t really think that’s an excuse when ash was way more creative when fighting visquez who is definitely way down the ladder of electric trainers.

It just seems that ash was dead set in winning by brute force for whatever reason. He even brute forced through an ability just to top it off! lol.
Ye fair enough, it felt off regardless...

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
the battle felt just as intense as the original to me, I feel sorry for Gengar, but dang Lucario put in some real work here, if that was revenge it used to KO rotom-fan then that was pretty sick, and it managing to tie with Luxray was impressive considering we all know how dangerous that thing is, the fact they both switched their pokemon around abit made things more interesting as well instead of just pure straight forward combat like most battles are. Plus i'm also glad they got right into it so they could devote the entire episode to the fight without outside influences costing battle time.

I'm not surprised Electivire couldn't survive the Z-move. Motor Drive might allow it to absorb electricity, but we're talking about something that completely obliterated a giant earth titan leaving absolutely nothing behind and knocking out the legendary who summoned it at the same time, so obviously it was too much for Electivire to even try an absorb thus it went down in the end despite it's ability.

His last battle with Volkner was more full force than this one was.

Think about it, all he did was use his pokemon's attacks head on which backfired on Torterra, then Pikachu got lucky with Static kicking in against Electivire, Infernape pretty much crushed Jolteon in one blow, and don't even get me started on what Infernape did to Luxray when blaze kicked in.

I would say this battle is definitely an upgrade compared to the first match they had, it's not the best battle, but definitely better to some degree.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Y'all took Ash losing to Tobias, then Trip's Snivy WAY too seriously, then blame the writers for what is clearly Ishihara overriding them.

And it shows with all this defensiveness and blaming innocents over and over again.

That's what Sinnoh-Unova Transition Derangement Syndrome is.

Writers in anime are ORDERED WHAT TO DO, not free. This isn't the 90s, or Nauto/Boruto, One Piece, Dragon Ball, etc.

How about you blame the middling programmer turned soulless bumbling marketing CEO overriding creatives and selling people what they're supposed like and buy merch of instead of letting things happen organically, instead of underpaid writers whose creativity has been chained up with an iron ball attatched?

I am sick of the writers being blamed for what isn't their fault. The SHEER VENOM spewed towards people who have ZERO creative freedom is a "shoot the messenger" scenario.

It REEKS of naivete regarding corporate entertainment as a business and entitlement over TOYS and TOY MARKETING TOOLS.

This episode was only bad if you had toxic expectations because you bought into marketing BS. ISHIHARA and TPCI's WHEELHOUSE.

IF THE MARKETING LIED TO YOU, BLAME THE MARKETING FIRM'S DISHONEST LEADERSHIP. It's that simple.

This is why I refuse to buy into anime marketing.

I can love the anime without getting venomous when lies are sold by the ACTUAL bad people. Not Game Freak, not the anime writers, not the VAs or those casting them or replacing them, THE SOULESS MARKETING DEPARTMENT.

Please put aside your biases, stop buying into TPCI's anti-consumer tactics, and learn how to judge episodes like this without flashing back to the Sinnoh-Unova transition and losing your minds.

This episode was FINE.

THAT'S IT.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Y'all took Ash losing to Tobias, then Trip's Snivy WAY too seriously, then blame the writers for what is clearly Ishihara overriding them.

And it shows with all this defensiveness and blaming innocents over and over again.

That's what Sinnoh-Unova Transition Derangement Syndrome is.

Writers in anime are ORDERED WHAT TO DO, not free. This isn't the 90s, or Nauto/Boruto, One Piece, Dragon Ball, etc.

How about you blame the middling programmer turned soulless bumbling marketing CEO overriding creatives and selling people what they're supposed like and buy merch of instead of letting things happen organically, instead of underpaid writers whose creativity has been chained up with an iron ball attatched?

I am sick of the writers being blamed for what isn't their fault. The SHEER VENOM spewed towards people who have ZERO creative freedom is a "shoot the messenger" scenario.

It REEKS of naivete regarding corporate entertainment as a business and entitlement over TOYS and TOY MARKETING TOOLS.

This episode was only bad if you had toxic expectations because you bought into marketing BS. ISHIHARA and TPCI's WHEELHOUSE.

IF THE MARKETING LIED TO YOU, BLAME THE MARKETING FIRM'S DISHONEST LEADERSHIP. It's that simple.

This is why I refuse to buy into anime marketing.

I can love the anime without getting venomous when lies are sold by the ACTUAL bad people. Not Game Freak, not the anime writers, not the VAs or those casting them or replacing them, THE SOULESS MARKETING DEPARTMENT.

Please put aside your biases, stop buying into TPCI's anti-consumer tactics, and learn how to judge episodes like this without flashing back to the Sinnoh-Unova transition and losing your minds.

This episode was FINE.

THAT'S IT.
Journeys lovers and haters must put aside their differences to defeat this evil