• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Surface to Air Tag Battle Team! (760)

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
EDIT: Sorry Sushi. By the time I posted this, you quickly posted like a ninja. I would not have posted if I saw your post whil working on this one.

I think you're overreacting to something so trivial.. How on earth Ash dexing a pokemon is such a big insult to fans? people are seriously reaching and trying to find little new things to whine about..

I never said the show insulted me; that was someone else. I felt insulted when another user insulted people for having an oppinion I share. Now that I know Ash recongnized Corphish and Buizel, I'm not as unhappy as I was before. I still think constent redexing with no in-universe reason is a problem, but that would be best for another thread. Personally, I see myselve debating or arguing, not whining.

I know how forums work, I'm not stupid, it's like gilscor said, most of you are taking this way out of proportion. And nothing, not even children's shows is going to be 'well written', even the best shows have flaws.

I never said that well-writen shows are perfect and have no flaws. You are putting words into my mouth. I don't like the taste.

Last edited:
"Its just a show"? You DO realize where you are posting, right? On a Pokemon forum, Pokemon is serious bussiness and oppinions are the fuel to arguments hotter than a Heatran's Magma Storm. Even if you don't find something to be a problem, someone else will. And Visversa (how do you spell that?).

As for the rest of your sentence, this could just be the straw that broke the Numel's back. There are tons of other water types that could be caught, and yet the writers go out of their way to have the twins catch Ask's past two water types with Ash dexing them for no in-universe reason for doing so and to do almost nothing to acknowledge that he knows what those Pokemon are. I find it understandable that someone could be a bit unhappy at this, but thats just me.

thank you bascially sums it up

Rohanator

I actually like the dexing because the BW Pokedex always has some nice pictures from different angles, which I like to see. Ash sounded really excited and yelled out BUOYSEL and HEIGANI before dexing anyway so he clearly remembers them. Best Wishes isn't the only series where he doesn't directly reference his older Pokes, he said nothing about his own Muk or Glalie when encountering those in DP for example.
Episode was nice overall, Unfezant screen time is always welcome and the combinations were cool. The ending was bloody hilarious, them realizing that they screwed up by not recommending these Pokes to the brothers and then just shrugging it off. Palpitoad rising from the water just as the episode is about to end was pure gold. I'm currently wearing a Trollface t-shirt and it approves of this episode. Big Mofotoad shall get his kills at the league so it's fine.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
You people are stupid if you think dexing has any role in the plot. It's obviously used just to spout Pokemon information off to the viewers. Hey, look at these non-Unova Pokemon. We haven't seen them in awhile, why don't we find out what they are (again)? Ash is not going to have a flashback when he sees every Pokemon he owns. Stop getting so worked up, and this is coming from a Buizel and Corphish fan.

As for the episode, it was good. BW2 has been on a streak for the past 4 episodes. I kind of wish the battle was longer and Unfezant/Pansage dished out more combos, but I'm content.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Just watched this episode. XD Not my *favorite* Dento one, but it was nice to see that it wasn't just about the Tag Battle. I found the twins funny, and it's nice to see Dento gain some admirers for his hobbies. XDD

I really liked this episode. The twins were awesome with their twin fusion and stuff. They have officially become my favorite COTD. And that battle was intense, I felt bad for Unfezant got the wind knocked out of her by Braviary's Brave Bird, but she later returned the favor with Aerial Ace. :D

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I hope those twins return and become Dento's personal cheering squad. I'd laugh so hard. XDD Something about them, I think they'll admire him for a long time.

Too bad Dento gave them crummy advice.

Oh well~

uber gon

Accept Change
So Brave Bird is strong enough to go through concrete. Other than setting yourself on fire I can see why the user gets damaged.

BlueDragonfangirl

It was pretty good and I'm glad Ash remembered Buizel and Corphish and him getting excited to see them some of my favorite parts ^

I understand for once why Cybs is upset, it is a bit of an insult that they brought back two of Ash's older Pokemon to be used by other people. However, these are one of the few things I'll let slide as I'm just happy he didn't forget them. Speaking of which, I'm hoping Ash brings back Buizel for the league at some point.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This episode gave me DP vibes and the whole contest battles thing. I like it. Although I wish Cilan would have caught something when he fished as well.

I read the posts here before watching the episode.

Although Sushi did say this before, I would like to say this all the dex whiners here. It is not Ash but you who are making a fool out of yourselves by constantly complaining about Ash dexing. If they had actually watched the episode then you would say there was a look of recognition or some spark in Ash's face when he saw Buizel and Corpish. It is not wrong to complain, but the constant complaining in these forums are really annoying and take the fun out of me. I would like to read some critiques after watching a episode, which is why I visit the episode discussion section...but all I see are these kind of posts.

As for this episode, I liked it somehow. The combination moves and all tell me how much I miss Dawn's contests. In my opinion contests, ignoring the fact that they violate the laws of physics, were fun mostly due to the combination moves. I wish Ash could use stuff like this often.

I didn't knew it was a Cilan-centric episode though. Ash and Iris remained as background characters, but it was good for a change. Also showing Cilan's analysis wasn't perfect in the end tells us that even Cilan can be hasty in judgement.

Btw did those two actually defeat the subway masters or was it their dream? I heard them use the word "Yume" after they talked about defeating those two.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
This episode gave me DP vibes and the whole contest battles thing. I like it. Although I wish Cilan would have caught something when he fished as well.

True watched the episode yesterday and it looked like a contest battle.

The episode was fun overall, I loved the kids fangasming about Dent mostly.

gliscor&yanmega

Btw did those two actually defeat the subway masters or was it their dream? I heard them use the word "Yume" after they talked about defeating those two.

It's been brought up a few times, don't believe anyone answered yet, it seems some people believe they did(Although that may just be just because it's showing that, they might not understand what was being said). I still believe they didn't as the way the Subway Twins were acting after losing didn't seem right for them, they seem like they could handle a loss perfectly fine, and they looked like they were freaking out so...that makes it rather off to me.

My favorite moments were Cilan recalling his brothers (so we actually see them on-screen!), plus him and Ash trying to invent names for their combinations and Iris telling them that they both sounded lame. Both funny and simultaneously bizarre was Iris' reasoning when she said that Cilan was a more suitable tag partner for Ash, based on the fact that he has siblings. O...kay? Cilan isn't Ash's brother, so what does it matter? Kodomo ne. But thank you for providing more A/C tag screentime, I appreciate it 8D

I also thought it was a nice touch that the episode ended on a slightly questionable note, with Cilan lamenting that Swanna & Palpitoad would've been better choices for Soran & Riiku and the group just shrugging it off in a "lol who cares let's get outta here" manner. Similarly to last week's ep, I like it when an episode ends without the perfect solution to a problem and with everyone being 100 % happy about the way things turned out.

Maybe Iris meant that since Cilan has brothers he can work better with people. Although mentioning that the two have already been in Tag Battles before probably would have made more sense.

I noticed that about the episodes too. I thought it was so odd yet funny how they ended off on those notes, I don't really recall it happening any time recently, so it's a nice change of pace to me.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
The episode was fun overall, I loved the kids fangasming about Dent mostly.

I loved that part too. XD Most people can't stand him in the show (besides the fangirls) and it's funny that he got some admirers there. It doesn't surprise me much lol, the twins were pretty eccentric....so it's fitting.

I guess the funniest part to me was even though all of that "admiration" happened, Dento pondered at the end about the false evaluation and didn't do anything about it. xD That's good though, as it shows human error in Dento's judgement. :D

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I guess the funniest part to me was even though all of that "admiration" happened, Dento pondered at the end about the false evaluation and didn't do anything about it. xD That's good though, as it shows human error in Dento's judgement. :D
He was caught in the moment of helping the two and couldn't react in time as the boys had already left and likely gained a new friendship with the Pokemon they caught. I do wonder though... why did they specifically need water type Pokemon? I'd say it wasn't a bad or false evaluation, just a better one was thought of after the fact XD

STICKTOPIA

The day I see Ash look up a pikachu in his pokedex I will lol. How ironic Buizel and Corphish pop out here lol. Not a bad episode and I'm glad to see Unfezant in here. Sorry for those who thought Ash's palpitoad would be in the battle

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I can't believe you are on a Pokemon forum if you are just going to keep on throwing that "its a kids show so we should not complain about it" excuse. I know pokemon is a kids show, but that does not prevent me from discussing it or forming oppinions on it. I am allowed to like and dislike what I want about this show.

Thank you. This is what people isn't getting. We know it's a kids show. But teens and adults watch it as well. I know they are supposed to teach the kids about older Pokemon but does Ash need to dex the same pokemon over and over in ever region just because the writers can't let the kids research the older ones themselves. I know it a kids show but kids don't need the same character to dex them all the time.

You people are stupid if you think dexing has any role in the plot. It's obviously used just to spout Pokemon information off to the viewers

We know. But can't they just used the old "who's that Pokemon" gag to handle past pokemon info?

dman_dustin

So, the Manga adaptation lied.

Why is that Cilan is always the one to "finish" the final blow whenever he's been teamed up with Ash.

Sure they've only won twice.

But not only did Crustle finish off Escavalier and Accelgor, now Pansage had to deal the final blow to both Braviary and Drillbur, and here I thought Unfezant got a decent win. How can we classify this as a show of strength when Unfezant only launched one attack and it wasn't anywhere near the final blow. But for some odd reason, Pansage is allowed to knock out two Pokémon with one attack, and Unfezant doesn't get involved.

To make things worse they turned this into a Cilan-centric episode. Writers if your going to focus on Cilan throughout the entire episode, the least you could've done is have Unfezant aerial ace, hit Braviary and win. Instead of glorifying Pansage with solarbeam and then focus so heavily on Cilan.

This episode was not fun, not exciting, and close to being a waste of my time.

I honestly don't care any more that a wild Palpitoad appeared, because I was running on "empty" for having watched the episode, that when Palpitoad appeared, it felt so glossed over, it's like "What? What happened?"

Why does it feel like the writers aren't even trying. It honestly feels like they're just pumping one episode out just to fulfill the obligation of having an episode a week. If they had put more effort, some of these recent episodes wouldn't seem so half baked. I mean can you seriously say Pansage knocking two Pokémon with one attack was well thought out? Poor Unfezant, she just appeared for the sake of appearing.

I wish I could do something about this lack of interest in the anime. Wish I could turn my ideas into an actual episode, as some sort of fan fiction anime sort of thing. Even if people think they are no better than the actual, at least I'd have something to interest me. Shame written fan fiction isn't enough, doesn't seem worth the effort. Just words, I don't like just words.

Rohanator

So, the Manga adaptation lied.

Why is that Cilan is always the one to "finish" the final blow whenever he's been teamed up with Ash.

Sure they've only won twice.

But not only did Crustle finish off Escavalier and Accelgor, now Pansage had to deal the final blow to both Braviary and Drillbur, and here I thought Unfezant got a decent win. How can we classify this as a show of strength when Unfezant only launched one attack and it wasn't anywhere near the final blow. But for some odd reason, Pansage is allowed to knock out two Pokémon with one attack, and Unfezant doesn't get involved.

To make things worse they turned this into a Cilan-centric episode. Writers if your going to focus on Cilan throughout the entire episode, the least you could've done is have Unfezant aerial ace, hit Braviary and win. Instead of glorifying Pansage with solarbeam and then focus so heavily on Cilan.

This episode was not fun, not exciting, and close to being a waste of my time.

I honestly don't care any more that a wild Palpitoad appeared, because I was running on "empty" for having watched the episode, that when Palpitoad appeared, it felt so glossed over, it's like "What? What happened?"

Why does it feel like the writers aren't even trying. It honestly feels like they're just pumping one episode out just to fulfill the obligation of having an episode a week. If they had put more effort, some of these recent episodes wouldn't seem so half baked. I mean can you seriously say Pansage knocking two Pokémon with one attack was well thought out? Poor Unfezant, she just appeared for the sake of appearing.

I wish I could do something about this lack of interest in the anime. Wish I could turn my ideas into an actual episode, as some sort of fan fiction anime sort of thing. Even if people think they are no better than the actual, at least I'd have something to interest me. Shame written fan fiction isn't enough, doesn't seem worth the effort. Just words, I don't like just words.

For all we know that one hit Unfezant got in could've weakened Braviary so much that anything could've finished it, it certainly looked like it hurt. Never the less it was pretty obvious that Unfezant was stronger even if it didn't deliver the finishing blow, I think that should be enough.
It's unfortunate to see something that brings a lot of joy for myself seemingly have such a negative effect on some others. :/