• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Surface to Air Tag Battle Team! (760)

LizardonX

Banned
The reason is so they can technically file this as a cilan instead of ash episode. That way they wont have to give him any eps later so they can all go to champion iris.

So, the Manga adaptation lied.

Why is that Cilan is always the one to "finish" the final blow whenever he's been teamed up with Ash.

Sure they've only won twice.

But not only did Crustle finish off Escavalier and Accelgor, now Pansage had to deal the final blow to both Braviary and Drillbur, and here I thought Unfezant got a decent win. How can we classify this as a show of strength when Unfezant only launched one attack and it wasn't anywhere near the final blow. But for some odd reason, Pansage is allowed to knock out two Pokémon with one attack, and Unfezant doesn't get involved.

To make things worse they turned this into a Cilan-centric episode. Writers if your going to focus on Cilan throughout the entire episode, the least you could've done is have Unfezant aerial ace, hit Braviary and win. Instead of glorifying Pansage with solarbeam and then focus so heavily on Cilan.

This episode was not fun, not exciting, and close to being a waste of my time.

I honestly don't care any more that a wild Palpitoad appeared, because I was running on "empty" for having watched the episode, that when Palpitoad appeared, it felt so glossed over, it's like "What? What happened?"

Why does it feel like the writers aren't even trying. It honestly feels like they're just pumping one episode out just to fulfill the obligation of having an episode a week. If they had put more effort, some of these recent episodes wouldn't seem so half baked. I mean can you seriously say Pansage knocking two Pokémon with one attack was well thought out? Poor Unfezant, she just appeared for the sake of appearing.

I wish I could do something about this lack of interest in the anime. Wish I could turn my ideas into an actual episode, as some sort of fan fiction anime sort of thing. Even if people think they are no better than the actual, at least I'd have something to interest me. Shame written fan fiction isn't enough, doesn't seem worth the effort. Just words, I don't like just words.

I honestly wonder if there will be an episode in the entire Pokemon series that you might like. You nitpick on very small things. I mean very small things. That's a good quality to have but still it leaves you nothing but disappointment in every epsiode. Good luck for the future episodes because you'll see only worse stuff.

IMO this was a decent episode for a filler.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
The day I see Ash look up a pikachu in his pokedex I will lol.

Lol! I'm waiting to see that too. Remember how he dex Charizard back in BF? That was hilarious.

To get to the episode, I enjoyed Ash and Cilan battling. I like their tag battles actually more better than Ash and Dawn's. Maybe it's because it's a nice change of pace with Ash/girl doing stuff all the time with second boy left out.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So, the Manga adaptation lied.

Why is that Cilan is always the one to "finish" the final blow whenever he's been teamed up with Ash.

Oh, Pansage delivered the finishing blow? I didn't know this. Honestly, I was willing to ignore the fact that Cilan got half of the episode to himself because at least it seemed like Ash played his part during the battle, but now that I know this, I'm kind of disappointed. Still, this was a filler episode, so it's not like I'm going to waste my time complaining about the plot. I still think it was relatively refreshing; I just wish Unfezant had been the star. When will she get her chance to shine bright like a diamond?

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
o.o Dento delivered the finishing blow? I watched the episode, but I guess I don't pay attention to the battles (actually I was wishing for the battle to end. xD; ) I only liked the combinations.

dman_dustin

I honestly wonder if there will be an episode in the entire Pokemon series that you might like.

There are lots of episodes of best wishes I enjoyed. It's just recently after mid-way that a lot of the problems have occurred.

Such as the horrible treatment of certain Pokémon. I didn't think at the time when it first existed, that Palpitoad was going to be the worst treated Unova Pokémon ever. But time changed that so now, I get annoyed when I don't see Palpitoad.

And originally I though Oshawott was gearing to evolve.

But since everyone and their little plush doll, has huge crush on Oshawott, for whatever stupid reason, it's never going to evolve, and now we have to deal with Ash not having anything close to resembling a fully evolved starter, even though last generation he got 2 fully evolved starters, and he only has one evolved starter (not fully evolved) and two unevolved starters. On top of that one isn't evolving because everyone has a disgusting unhealthy attachment to it, and the other isn't evolving because it's the worst treated starter of this generation.

But of Season 2, there are at least 5 episodes that I'm okay with:

All For The Love of Meloetta- Because Ash recognizing Cynthia was awesome, and Meloetta was awesome.
Iris and the Rogue Dragonite! I had no qualms about this episode, I don't think.
Ash, Iris & Trip's Final Battle- Because Krokorok evolved and beat Dragonite.
[Meloetta and the Underwater Temple!
Advance of the Therian Formes! Unova's Greatest Crisis!!]- My favorite Team Rocket arc, after the subway episodes of course.

Everything else has been disappointed, primarily due to the horrible choices I've seen being made.

All I'm saying here in THIS episode, is why waste Unfezant in this, if it was only going to use one attack, while Pansage was the one who finished it off. Why not Palpitoad? It could've been far more beneficial for the character, than Unfezant being the package carrying service it was being treated as in this episode.

And all these episode focusing on other trainers instead of Ash, and Ash yet to have done anything impressive, since his horrible win against Roxie, except Krookodile, and the writers want me to believe he's ready for the league. He hasn't done anything to prove he deserves better than Top 8.

Dman, quit complaining about how Best Wishes 1 and 2 has been treated, especial the dead horse of Roxie's gym battle. I thought it was a good battle. Sure most of his team were wiped out by Koffing, but they pulled through. They are not the badass team peoples want to be, not every Pokemon is going to be focus on in his main Unova team, so deal with it, and lastly, Unfezant needed a victory or two in season two. So what you're going to rage if Ash gets top 4 or higher?

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
Well, I was surprised Ingo and Emmet were defeated by those little twins. It means The Subway Bosses are traveling around East Unova.

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
Well, I was surprised Ingo and Emmet were defeated by those little twins. It means The Subway Bosses are traveling around East Unova.

I know right. I thought that was a joke they made. But that Rock Slide + Fury Attack must have gotten them along with Dig + Brave Bird combination. Also shows that they are not invincible.

But I know why Ash and Cilan really lost that battle with the Subway Masters; they did not use Paplitoad and Stunfisk ;)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

That's a good question. Have no answer.

Sure they've only won twice.

Which is good, right?

But not only did Crustle finish off Escavalier and Accelgor, now Pansage had to deal the final blow to both Braviary and Drillbur, and here I thought Unfezant got a decent win. How can we classify this as a show of strength when Unfezant only launched one attack and it wasn't anywhere near the final blow. But for some odd reason, Pansage is allowed to knock out two Pokémon with one attack, and Unfezant doesn't get involved.

The point of the battle is that both Pokemon were involved. Does it matter which Pokemon does the finishing blow?

To make things worse they turned this into a Cilan-centric episode. Writers if your going to focus on Cilan throughout the entire episode, the least you could've done is have Unfezant aerial ace, hit Braviary and win. Instead of glorifying Pansage with solarbeam and then focus so heavily on Cilan.

Any episode with Cilan is heavy centric. I'm just glad Ash was getting some battle training in this.

This episode was not fun, not exciting, and close to being a waste of my time.

I wouldn't say that.

Why does it feel like the writers aren't even trying. It honestly feels like they're just pumping one episode out just to fulfill the obligation of having an episode a week. If they had put more effort, some of these recent episodes wouldn't seem so half baked. I mean can you seriously say Pansage knocking two Pokémon with one attack was well thought out? Poor Unfezant, she just appeared for the sake of appearing.

Uh, the writers haven't really been trying since the first episode of Best Wished. This is nothing new.

I wish I could do something about this lack of interest in the anime. Wish I could turn my ideas into an actual episode, as some sort of fan fiction anime sort of thing. Even if people think they are no better than the actual, at least I'd have something to interest me. Shame written fan fiction isn't enough, doesn't seem worth the effort. Just words, I don't like just words.

I have read a lot of Pokemon fan fiction. They are much worse than the writers minds.

RVD_fan

While I agree Palpitoad has been underutilized, Unfeazent hasn't exactly been the golden girl on Ash's team and considering this was an aerial battle it made sense for Unfeazent to be involved.

When I see stuff like Corphish and Buizel getting dexed, it puzzles me. If the writers want a new story, why not just bring in a new protagonist? Obviously they still think Ash's name carries weight, but most of the people who have grown to like Ash are going to be frustrated when he seems oblivious to his past accomplishments. He couldn't have even made a quick mention or flashback picture of those two like with Brock? If you're gonna throw those two in for fan service, why immediately pull the rug from underneath them like that? I'm not so much mad as disappointed that they keep trying to have their cake and eat it when it comes to continuity with previous seasons.

On the whole though, it's nice to seem some good battling against tough opponents before the league. I still don't think Ash has realistically caught up to Trip though.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Ash not only recognised, but was highly excited about Corphish and Buizel when he saw them, as a shout out to the old timers.. before dexing them for the newer viewers! I liked that!

Also, who cares if a random Palpitoad appeared? It was just so they could go "Ah man, a Swanna and Palpitoad would've been perfect for the boys due to their typing, why couldn't they appear earlier?!" kinda thing.

The writers aren't trying to 'troll' the viewers, grow up.

SlimeStack

Just got around to seeing this. Am I the only one who felt Soran and Riiku had Team Rocket motto vibes going on? I really liked that. :p I didn't think I'd look forward to this episode and the previous one considering they're fillers between Team Rocket's story and Iris/Shaga's, but I found them both enjoyable. I really like the grin on Satoshi's face when they fish up Heigani and Buoysel. It was an interesting take on double battles too.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This episode really made me chuckle a few times. Iris' annoyance at certain parts were great. As well when Iris and Cilan were, let's ignore these people and leave and when they "adopted" Cilan as a bigger brother.

This episode really made me miss contests.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
So "rewatched" the episode, good stuff, the kids are fun, would like to see them appear again in the future.

Palpitoad and Swanna appear at the end just to troll Dent when he thinks he did a good job, he then realizes that he could make a better sync by giving them water pokemon with the same typing of their current pokemon(ground/flying), thats why Palpitoad and Swanna appeared, it wasn't really as random of an appearance as we though.

dman_dustin

So "rewatched" the episode, good stuff, the kids are fun, would like to see them appear again in the future.

Palpitoad and Swanna appear at the end just to troll Dent when he thinks he did a good job, he then realizes that he could make a better sync by giving them water pokemon with the same typing of their current pokemon(ground/flying), thats why Palpitoad and Swanna appeared, it wasn't really as random of an appearance as we though.

I made that observation in some other thread, which was about why they chose Palpitoad.

I guess it's true.