1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A Surface to Air Tag Battle Team! (760)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Ash&Pikachu-Fan Pika-Speed

Haha, this episode is so funny! I guess its probably 'cause its an Cilan focused episode kind of...

Ooh, I really like the scenery for this episode, its something refreshing looking at all the plants and the river type path. Haha, so Ash, Iris and Cilan are walking along and just get randomly challenged to a tag battle! Its like the games! Anyway, I think Iris was right saying its too sudden. Soren and Rocko, actually do act like little kids, with a motto and all.

I really enjoyed the tag battle! Ash and Cilan are the best tag team partners ever~! Both Pansage and Unfezant were good choices. Lol, I found it funny how Iris didn't want to battle and I like how Ash just randomly accepts challenges. I think Soren and Rocko are good tag team partners with all those combinations they use on Braviary and Drilbur.

Yes, its fishing time~! Its fun seeing them all fish agian. I'm glad Soren and Rocko caught water types like Buizel and Corphish but yeah, Swanna and Palpitoad seemed cooler. Awe, man, Cilan needs more focus in future episodes. I mean, look at him! Just letting him play around with his fishing rod made him a happy boy and gave him a good day.

I guess they should do more Cilan focused episodes... So haha yeah, this episode is really funny!!!

2. Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama Fancy footwork

I had to watch this episode in dub. Riku is just too awesome and seeing how Iris reacted to pretty much everything they did was amazing as well. I wish they had defeated Ingo and Emmit, but eh, that makes their character more enjoyable for me. I do wish Riku had Wargle instead of Drilbur, since I enjoy Wargle a lot more. I must create a Riku signature now. (O.O)

3. Sorren&Rocko

Sorren&Rocko Now managed by Rocko

R: We did great, right? Well... Sora caught a Pidgeot!
    S: And you caught a Sandslash, right?
    R: Oh yeah! Should've caught a Swanna and Palpitoad... but it's hard to catch with a regular Pokeball.
    S: Well, we're broke.
    R: Anyways, Ash and Cilan did great! Anyways, I'd be looking for Liza and Tate, our dreamy girlfriends!
    S: Sorry Lil' Bro, but this is a discussion about the episode. Anyway, overall, we did great, and those cheesy catchphrases that we say could be another idea for a spin-off show!
    R: Come on, I'm 10, and you're 8! What's wrong with having the same birthday?
    S: I wasn't talking about it. By the way, the last post said that you could've owned a Braviary. Come on! You like the element of the ground!
    R: Well, yeah... guess what, I'm not going for it.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  4. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Surge Surfer

One of the better episodes in a while.
    When Cilan said "Let Solrock's light shine on the lost Mareep", I cracked up. Was that some sort of biblical allusion?

5. Sorren&Rocko

Guess what? I dream of battling Liza and Tate from the Hoenn Region.

6. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

This was a very enjoyable episode.

7. Sorren&Rocko

We saw it again and again, then I saw the episodes from Diamond and Pearl where they also do Tag Battling. One of them is a contest! I wish contests are held in Unova...

MockingJ likes this.
  8. Blaziryu

Blaziryu Well-Known Member

This episode was pretty good. The tag battle was a perfect example of how all tag battles in the anime should be like.

MockingJ likes this.
  9. pokeaussie37

pokeaussie37 Well-Known Member

Bahahahaha Ash just had to dex Corphish and Buizel, I've seen some bad dex's before but this one just takes the cake! Episode was entertaining!

10. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

This was a funny episode, though not too memorable. I liked the part at the end where Cilan sees two pokemon that would have been better for the boys but he gets dragged away before he could do anything about it. I also liked seeing a corphish again. ^_^ A lot of people like buizel, and I do too, but Corphish is one of my favorite Ash pokemon ever.

6/10

11. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I was disappointed to see a Buizel and Corphish that didn't belong to Ash. Other than that this was an okay episode.

12. NPT

NPT Just a member

In this episode, tag team duo Sorren and Rocko challenged Ash & friends to a tag battle, but their appearace was annoying. Iris's reaction to their attitude was priceless, I guess she was annoyed by the Tag team duo as well.
    Ash dexing Corfish and Buizel was stupid.....I mean C'mon, it's fine if you're dexing a Pokemon you've seen a long time ago....but dexing Pokémon he already owns? That's just ridiculous.
    I did like the battle between Team Sorren and Team Ash, but Sorren and Rocko's constant chanting annoyed me. I'm glad Ash and Cilan won the tag battle at the end, it was satisfying.
    I liked Cilan in this episode, his 'fishing connoisseur' moments were funny.

13. While it was neat to see those two kids combine two moves like in a contest (almost), having to say the same thing over and over again before executing the combination got tiresome to hear after a while.

14. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

It was interesting seeing corn crops in the background and I liked how Soren and Rocko caught a Corphish and Buizel ha ha. I liked seeing Cilan's custom fishing lure as well, plus seeing two Frillish suddenly appear.

15. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

No offense, but it's not like Ash is the only person who owns those species of Pokemon anyway.

16. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I was impressed by the teamwork of Mogurew and Wargle, although if I had been Satoshi and Dent, I wouldn't have used Kenhallow and Yanappu against them since those two Pokemon were kind of weak. The fishing subplot with the twins capturing a Buoysel and Heigani seemed slightly haphazard, though.

17. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

When I see stuff like Corphish and Buizel getting Dexed, it puzzles me. On the whole though, it's nice to seem some good battling against tough opponents before the league. Also, who cares if a random Palpitoad appeared? :/

18. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

Between Jessie's throwaway comment about Ash's Pikachu at the end of "Unova's Survival Crisis" and Soren & Rocko repeating their motto(s) over and over, it's like the writers are giving us a baptism of fire to prepare us for TRio returning to their constant attempts at stealing Pikachu.

19. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I now wonder if the Buoysel and Heigani shown in this episode were only shown as references to Satoshi's own Buoysel and Heigani, or if that was completely coincidental.

MockingJ likes this.
  20. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

Haven't seen an episode this boring in sometime, the plot was weak, and half of the episode was wasted. I also don't like how Ash seemed to be stunned by the combination moves.

MockingJ likes this.