• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Tail With A Twist! (284)

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
A Tail with a Twist

Fun little character-building episode starring Treecko. We got some info on his personality and how he's the type to not take losing too well. Liked the little training scene with him and how he protected Torchic from Seviper. Shame all of Seviper's badassness went out the window the minute Jessie caught it, though I liked hearing the Japanese AG opening in instrumental version during the battle since that's always been one of my favorite pieces of BGM. It was of course nice to see Jessie get her second serpent Pokemon, shame it got spanked easily by Treecko though. The group Pokemon interaction scene was nice, still can't believe how few Pokemon they actually have with them right now. Kinda sucked Torchic didn't Ember Seviper to the face when cornered but it was probably too scared to try that. Though it was weird Seviper didn't try to eat Torchic, it is a chick after all but this is Pokemon and that can't happen. It just feels awkward seeing a viper going around eating fruit. :p

Blessed

Funny episode that was fairly good. Much better than the previous episode. Max's comment on Torchic running around with food and how "pokemon take after their trainers" slayed my life. Jessie herself fighting Seviper was funny too, but not like Brock's comment @ May in the Pokemon Center. Even though Jessie caught Seviper, it's too bad it won't be as effective in battles like it was in this episode.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Jessie attacking Seviper was awkwardly funny. I'm also glad Treecko started developing early, since it definitely makes it my favourite of Ash's starters. The Treecko vs Seviper battle was pretty good, even better set to The Hoenn Heroes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just re-watched this episode in Japanese and it slayed. Probably my favorite early AG episode since we got to see Treecko's initiation into the group. I loved how Torchic was running around with grapes and an apple and how despite Seviper's appearance, it just wanted to eat fruit unlike real snakes. I loved how Treecko protected Torchic, and seeing Team Rocket attempt to trap Seviper in a pitfall was hilarious; I loved how Seviper just lifted the basket with its tail. Seeing Jessie beat up Seviper after it ate her rice ball was the best part of the episode. There were also other interesting moments like May realizing that there were multiple Nurse Joy's around Hoenn and Treecko training himself against a rock (I loved how the Victory Road music played during that scene, it made things more intense). I liked that Treecko's speed increased because of his training and that he got revenge against Seviper.

It was rally hilarious how Jessie used her bare hands to battle Seviper. :)
Glad she got another serpent Pokemon to replace Arbok.

Zamin

It was kindacreepy how Jessie attacked a Pokemon but I guess that they are MONSTERS, still I didn't think we would see humans harm them.

I liked Treeko's determination in the episode

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Not a bad episode.Jessie using "Fury Swipes" and "Mega Kick" on Seviper was hilarious.I felt sorry for Treecko getting injured,but at least it defeated Seviper in a revenge battle.
7/10

JudySpell

Banned
It was outrageous when Jessie was beating the hell out of Seviper with her bare hands. I liked Ash's Treecko's training session scene too. 7.5/10

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
This is where the Treecko-Seviper feud starts. Interesting, because Treecko is a gecko, and Seviper is a snake - both are part of the same order of reptiles.

Gillachu

Banned
Meh, Seviper seemed strong here compared to in later episodes. Jessie's rage attack was kind of hilarious, though. ;)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I thought it was a pretty good episode. Habunake itself was so cool, and I was surprised that Kimori lost the first battle with it. But anyway, the part when Musashi's hair got cut off was so hilarious. And it was funny when she used Fury Swipes and Mega Kick, too. It was cool that Musashi caught the Habunake, and I liked the rest of the episode too, especially the part when Kimori was solo training.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Treecko being a loner still was interesting and I liked when he saved Torchic from Seviper's attack. Seviper eating Jessie's food and then her hair was funny and I loved her physical battle with Seviper hee hee. :D

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked when Seviper used Poison Tail and knocked Treecko into the tree, just because it was refreshing to see Ash's Pokemon get hurt badly. The last battle between Treecko and Seviper was also awesome. I just think Treecko should've learned Absorb instead of mastering Pound...

Daizy

I call you honey
Seviper was so obviously meant to be Arbok's replacement, but I don't know, Seviper seemed lacking in some ways. I wish Jessie had kept Arbok instead.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Seviper was so obviously meant to be Arbok's replacement, but I don't know, Seviper seemed lacking in some ways. I wish Jessie had kept Arbok instead.

Given the option, I would've definitely preferred if Musashi had simply kept her Arbok, although Habunake was a good enough replacement and it had a lot of personality and zeal in this episode.

Aww Treecko protecting Torchic. Btw is Torchic a girl or a boy? Bulbapedia says the gender is unknown but the Pokémon wiki says its male.
Seviper is the perfect Pokémon for Jessie and she literally beats it up wtf.