1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A Tale of Heroes (M)[Discussion]

Discussion in 'RPG Café' started by AJ2000, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Fairy type Trainer

Tim will just cry for all of you then. :p

2. *Jean Grey*

*Jean Grey* Night Triumphant

Tim's element is Water for a reason. :p He has more than enough to spare. XD

3. Schade

Schade No gain, just pain.

would Tim even cry for Val? Wow, I'd love to see that scenario. lol.
    "tim, Val was a douche, stop crying."
    "I F***ING CAN'T! T^T

lol

4. Monster Guy

Tim: I'm not crying for him, I'm crying for that guy he senselessly murdered.

:p

5. Schade

Schade No gain, just pain.

Only one guy? shame. If Val goes down, he'll go down after murdering half of an innocent army of civilians! lol

6. Minteh

Minteh It's so shiny!

Aww man I can't believe I missed the conversation about tears XD
    But lets be real here, Tim definately has enough tears for the whole gang, so he'll just have to do the crying for everyone else for now.

I'll hopefully have that post out tomorrow :) It's all drafted up just need to tweak it for posting.

7. Monster Guy

I have a little hope that Val has some goodness somewhere...

If Regina and Zelena can do it, so can he. :p

8. AJ2000

AJ2000 Well-Known Member

Lol tiny Tim the crybaby

Didn't he already cry earlier though? After Kenna brought a squirrel and he ran away?

Makes sense, considering the feeding pit is reserved for those who are supposed to get disposed!

9. Monster Guy

Leave him alone, he's sensitive. :p

I don't remember describing him crying, but he probably did.

10. *Jean Grey*

When Kenna brought in a dead squirrel, Rose brought a dead fawn, and Tendrick+Bardell brought in dead fish, to be exact! XD

11. Monster Guy

Is Bardell the old man? ._.

12. AJ2000

AJ2000 Well-Known Member

Everyone calls him Minister for so long people forget the guy has an actual name lol

13. Minteh

Minteh It's so shiny!

He had a name? Haha, it's been so long I can't even remember that :p Tbh though I never referred to any of the gang by name properly till like the second or third page of the thread haha.

14. AJ2000

AJ2000 Well-Known Member

I guess it's because it doesn't feel right referring to characters by their names unless they have actually introduced themselves. Otherwise I've noticed the trend is simply referring to characters as "person with black shirt" or something.

Anyways, I'll read the posts later on tonight or tomorrow and I'll prolly have a post whipped out by then too hopefully.

::EDIT::

Whoa don't let Artus hear that

Also, I posted. I think everything's done at Gustav's, so if one of you could so kindly and quickly just get the group back to where Hammel's family + Artus are in your next post, that would be fantastic. I would do it myself, but I didn't, just in case anyone of you had some last minute conversations or something important (plus since Gustav and the group aren't coming back, there's nobody else for me to properly bunny).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  15. *Jean Grey*

Hehe, I guess the sexist line really stuck out to Rose...:p She's had to deal with sexist behavior as a young girl after all...a young girl who was always tough, tomboyish and troublesome. XD The good thing? She did say that Artus was an honest sort. XD

Now it's time for...The Many Faces of Artus! XD

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

-----

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Now, he was definitely fun to create! I can picture him as expressive, being the most outgoing of the bunch and all...but he might be one to restrict his expressions to mostly the "manly" emotions of anger, joy and libido. XD Again, he's unlikely to cry, at least in public...perhaps because it might ruin his image? I do have him whining/complaining, yes...but not crying! That's kettle corn and soda he's carrying in the "eating" one, and when mind-controlled...well, that's the only time he'd put on clothing that he'd describe as "flaming"! XD I painted him as a bit of a grumbler, sore loser sort when defeated...he'd sulk, but he'd probably get even one way or another. Blushing...he'd pretend that he isn't blushing. XD

His "stereotypical" JRPG look is that of a knight of sorts...a lighter-colored counterpart to Rose's look. I know the headpiece is weird, but trust me, the choices were awful. XD

I also added a couple more to Rose's...I found some bruises and scrapes that looked awesome on her! Of course she's been brawling again...she's always getting into brawls, hehe. I love her "come at me, bro" expression too. XD

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  16. Minteh

Minteh It's so shiny!

Okay, so I'm starting working on a post now, and was thinking of moving the gang back into the woods in it. Unless, of course, anyone else was thinking of doing that?

17. AJ2000

AJ2000 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would say Artus is a tad sexist lol. His honesty depends on the situation though, I would say. Aren't knights usually people of noble blood? Although I guess he could still technically fit under that same umbrella group (some sort of similar class I guess) somwhere. Maybe a warrior? Or possibly a mercenary, which I think is a class in Dark Souls if I remember correctly.

Nah I think you're good. I'll prolly have a post up after you, or of course if anyone wants to go before me.

18. *Jean Grey*

Eh, his sexist remarks are appreciated though...I like that he's a bit of a he-man, lazy, Shonen hero sort to offset Tendrick being a devout monk with hidden, sensual proclivities, Tim's shy, sensitive personality, Kenna being compassionate yet sensible, Val's clever, emotionally-distant, manipulative personality and Rose being warlike, independent, rough-mannered and tough. XD

In video games? Not all the time! I mean, Rose is supposed to be some sort of Dark Knight, Dragoon or Death Knight...and she doesn't have noble blood! It's just based on battle styles. Judging from Pokemon stats, Artus has better HP and DEF than Rose, who has better ATK and Speed (referring to her more warlike nature), and in video games, normal knights are sturdier than Dark/Death Knights or Dragoons, who in turn have better attacking stats! Dark Knight females also tend to have more sexual/revealing armor, so I took that into account. XD In Maplestory, Warrior is actually a base class, while the Knight/Hero and Dark Knight branches come from said class...Artus is a Knight/Hero sort of warrior, Rose is a Dark Knight sort of warrior in MapleStory terms. She could be an Assassin, but she isn't that subtle or as quick as Tendrick or Val...I think Tendrick is the Ninja/Assassin? XD

I'll be working on the post, hehe. XD

19. AJ2000

AJ2000 Well-Known Member

Ohh you meant in video games, should have realized that. I was speaking just in general lol. I definitely cannot see Rose being an assassin class, as opposed to Tendrick or even Val. I could see her as some sort of sub-type of knight (Death Knight, etc), maybe even a warrior or barbarian. Maybe. As for Tendrick, I would say Herald could even fit him as well, or possibly some sort of Cleric (although I would argue that Cleric fits in better with Kenna maybe). Val is still a bit tricky imo, but may

20. *Jean Grey*

Val is a Necromancer/Dark Mage sort...powerful magic and quick, but low Strength and is frail as well, hence the "JRPG outfit" I gave him includes dark robes and a dark aura! I pegged Kenna as a Druid, considering she's versatile...can use magic, heal and can also attack with her bow...her "JRPG outfit" has nature-y/elven elements to reflect that. XD Tim is the Cleric/Archbishop since he has more powerful healing than Kenna, so I chose priest-like white robes and a circlet for him. I have to see what video game class among our choices looks the most "natural" for Tendrick...it has to involve less clothing, that's for sure! XD

And...here's the Zodiac (in order)! XD

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

When I assigned the signs, I made sure to give each character their own Zodiac sign (mentioned on the thread), hence Pisces for Tim, Aries for Artus, Libra for Tendrick, Gemini for Val, Cancer for Kenna and Scorpio for Rose...and I chose one other sign that could fit the characters well in one way or another. It could be a moon sign, or something else! Therefore, I gave Taurus to Kenna, Aquarius to Val, Sagittarius to Rose, Virgo to Tim, Capricorn to Tendrick and Leo to Artus. XD

As for the explanation for the designs...

Aries: I remembered that this sign is based on a golden ram with wings, so I dressed Artus in fiery, golden tones and gave him wings for good measure. Yes, he has ram's horns in there too.
    Taurus: Taurus is associated with the Earth element and the color green, so I gave Kenna a "woodsy" vibe. Bloody horns because Taureans could be hella stubborn!
    Gemini: Black and white duality is obvious...he also has matching swords. Note that one eye is patched however, and his design is asymmetrical...one side is "good", the other (patched) side is supposed to be "evil".
    Cancer: Of course I couldn't give Kenna a pair of crab claws...that would be cruel! I focused on the sign's association with the Moon instead, hence a moon-shaped headpiece and cool colors.
    Leo: Similarly to Cancer, I added elements of the sign's association with the Sun. Note the sun-shaped headpiece. I did put fur though, to make him look regal, as well as reference the lion.
    Virgo: Hehe, virgins are associated with the color white, so I dressed Tim in "virginal white". Added some gold accents because somehow, white and gold bring to mind "purity" in some sense.
    Libra: I love how this came out. Libra is associated with balance, and also with a love for beauty. Instead of going black/white like with Gemini, I used two colors associated with Libra in conjunction with white: pink and blue. As beauty is emphasized, Tendrick needed to be fanservicey.
    Scorpio: Rose's armor is supposed to call back a scorpion's exoskeleton. She has a scorpion's tail too...well, two if you count her braided hair! Naturally, this is also a sign associated with sex, so of course she's sexy!
    Sagittarius: Self-explanatory...she does look surprisingly good in cobalt and gold, doesn't she? I went for a Northern Aurora sky on purpose, as Sagittarius is mostly associated with December.
    Capricorn: Tendrick is wearing a rather priestly/shaman-like getup, owing to Capricorns being rather reserved and firm in their values. Yes, those are clearly goat's horns, to distinguish him from Aries and Taurus.
    Aquarius: Another self-explanatory look. I did give him elements of an Erlking, however, owing to Aquarius being an Air sign, and probably the darkest of the Air signs!
    Pisces: Of course, a fish tail was required here! Tim looks cute in teal as well. He has a trident because Pisces is ruled by Neptune.