• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Tale of Heroes (M)[Discussion]

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Hell, even Rose is difficult to type…would be be the…uh…Big Guy? XD Maybe Artus or Danny be Hero types? Unless you'd prefer someone darker and more cynical. :p

Minteh

It's so shiny!
Kenna is harder to type than I imagined she would be o_O I think she definately fits under the Guardian role the most. I guess you could put her as the Chick as well, and maybe (in exceptional cases) the Optimist.

AJ2000

I could see Kenna falling under the chick, as well as the optimist. For some reason I find Zerah to fall under the big-guy label 0.0 He doesn't sound dumb though, lol. Not sure about Artus :/ I think closest fit is Sanguine, but he isn't a party-monster that loves to meet new people and socialize like it says lol.

Anyways, made a small post 0.0 Artus is angry because he can't open his cuffs >_< Also, wouldn't it be easier for someone to unlock someone else's cuffs first, and then have the freed person unlock the other person's cuffs? Lol, someone should mention that in their next post :p

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Let's have Rose do it, hehe…she has it easier because she has slimmer wrists (being a girl and all) in addition to strong fingers and practical experience, so she can move more to begin with. XD She'll probably choose to free Artus first (complains the most), or maybe Zerah (who's making the most noise) or Tim (who can't figure things out). XD Or Kenna can pull it off…she's bound to have slimmer wrists as well…I predict she'd actually succeed…I somehow want to see her unlock herself without help! XD

Zerah can be a Hero or Lancer type as well…he isn't dumb. XD Rose herself is not very book-smart…she only attended proper school until she was 9, and after that, it was her caretaker who tried to continue it. All her knowledge is practical and learned from experience, hehe. XD She can be a Big Guy if we're talking about lack of classical knowledge, and being a offensive physical attacker (she has no time for defensive skills)…unless you see her more as a Hero or Lancer? What do you think? XD Her temperament is very hard to pin down…Rational is possible, but she's not lawful, so she's probably more in line with Artisan. Sanguine or Choleric, definitely. XD

Let's give all of them some theoretical Zodiac signs! XD I guess no repeating…to see the funny compatibilities that might come out. XD

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WesternZodiac

Last edited:

Minteh

It's so shiny!
I think Kenna could figure out how to break the cuffs, I think I'm going to include that in my next post.

I think Rose's temperament would fit well with the Artisan. I can see her as a Hero just more of an unconventional one XD At the same time, I can also see her fitting under the Big Guy role pretty well but she's a lot smarter than what is described.

Eh, the closest zodiac sign to Kenna would probably be Virgo.

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
Hey look, more tropes

I dunno, Pisces or Leo for Tendrick? I'm leaning more towards Leo, in the sense that he has a very dramatic flair and is pretty stubborn about stuff, and is kind of snooty about the fact that "Yay I'm a monk."

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
I just want to see Kenna handle herself well with the cuffs, while the boys fumble. XD She most probably has even slimmer wrists than Rose (and smaller hands), hehe. XD

Rose is probably the most passionate of the eight (hence Artisan), and is quite the moody Byronic/Dark Romantic/Anti-Hero type, hehe. XD Artus is the more optimistic "shonen" sort of hero. XD Hehe, I don't think this is a world that allows for extreme thick-headedness in the first place. Everyone has to be sort of smart in some sense, whether practical, scholarly or both….Rose defies the Slovak stereotype of being slow-witted/dense. XD I can actually see this temperament ensemble, hehe. XD

Rose - Artisan
Zerah - Rational
Tim - Idealist
Kenna - Guardian

Virgo? Funny how it's the explicitly female one. XD Well, at least she isn't a Capricorn…Rose might clash with conservative, uptight Capricorns (this sign is most likely to be so) the worst. XD Rose is most likely either a…Gemini, Leo, Scorpio or Sagittarius? Which of these four fits best? XD

Tendrick seems like a Pisces, considering their "mystery", fitting his Monk image, and it defies the Pisces=token girl stereotype, hehe….though Leos are more perverted and inclined to peek. Leos are also in-your-face and flirty. XD Or make him a Libra! XD

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Why does every RP i am ever in end up in this? lol
Experiencing network troubles at my dormitory, but I'll see what I an do.

Minteh

It's so shiny!
Haha, I think she'd be able to get them off pretty well considering her background. Her family might not have explicitly worked with locks but I'm sure they'd still have some knowledge of how to tinker with them.

Well, if I'm being honest I was stuck between Scorpio and Virgo for Kenna. Virgo covers her level-headedness but other than that it's not really that close to her. I would say she's more like a Scorpio since she shares the loyalty and passion regarding certain topics. The only con to that is that Kenna doesn't share the dark connections which Scorpios are often rumoured to have...

I think Rose would best fit either a Leo or a Gemini. I would have said Leo, but she doesn't seem all that arrogant to me XD

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Great! Hehe, I really want to see that. XD

Yeah, Scorpios have a rep for being nasty, difficult to deal with, grudge-bearing, sexy and dark. XD Maybe it's a good "Moon Sign" for her? XD Aquarius might also fit…or Libra. XD You can make her a Cancer too (Kenna strikes me as kinda tenacious), they're usually pretty motherly and nice…but it's also the sign of most murderers and serial killers! It's a "Beware the Nice Ones" sign. XD

I actually included Gemini as an option because of…irony and hilarity of birth month. Rose probably looks like the last person to have a May or June birthday. Most of my reasons are messed up. XD Leo because of her awesome hair, Scorpio because she's sexy and thorny (I imagine her having a Drapion), Sagittarius because of the opposite reason why I chose Gemini…I think most people would think that Rose was born in December, based on her looks. XD Rose is actually pretty proud, hehe…she doesn't want help, especially from guys. XD

Edit: this is a better site. TVTropes descriptions are too vague. XD

http://www.ask-oracle.com/personality-descriptions-of-the-zodiac-signs/

Last edited:

Minteh

It's so shiny!
You will! I plan on posting in a bit anyways :)

That's very true and honestly, I can't really see Kenna ever being difficult to deal with so I think we can rule Scorpio out XD I think out of Libra and Cancer, I'm more drawn to Cancer. After reading that other article you linked to, I'm more convinced that Kenna would be a Cancer. It seems to fit in really well with her fitting under the Guardian role since it goes in to detail about their protective nature of themselves and those close to them. The aspect of being very nostalgic applies as well!
Yup, she's a Cancer.

I'd say Rose fits under the Sagitarius category more, but that doesn't mean we should rule out her similarities to a Scorpio because she definately ticks the attractiveness part of them! XD

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Valmiro might try pretending to not be able to unlock his cuffs and making Rose do it (and she'll curse, grumble and give death glares while doing so). XD He'll be torn over the two beauties, now that he can also see Kenna. XD Does he like 'em light or dark? XD

Plus, that will cement Kenna's position as the "scariest when angry" (I like to think of her as similar to Cherche from Fire Emblem Awakening). XD I chose the serial killer sign for her because…it's cool and ironic. Look at how scary the "motherly" sign can be! And look, it's a Water Sign! XD Virgo is more likely to fit Zerah or Tim, it's a sterner or more "lawful" sign.

Scorpios are also the ones most likely to have trust issues (on the more recent site I posted), hehe…similar to Rose's own trust issues. XD Sagittarius has the bluntness too, though. XD See, I told you it's difficult! XD But yeah, she's now officially established to be born late in the year, between October to December. XD

http://www.ask-oracle.com/scorpio-personality/
http://www.ask-oracle.com/sagittarius-personality/

Valmiro fits Leo well, hehe…a darker Leo….but somehow also Sagittarius, for some odd reason. Tim has to be be a Virgo, Libra, or maybe Aquarius? XD Zerah should be Virgo or Capricorn. XD

And now, I will attempt to give them MBTI typings….may be very inaccurate, it's just based on impression. XD

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MyersBriggs

Tim: ISFJ
Artus: ESTP
Kenna: ESFJ
Zerah: ISTJ
Danny: ESFP
Tendrick: ENFP or INFP
Valmiro: INTJ
Rose: ISTP

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
So I had my post. Long post. Long post indeed.
Of course the internet disappeared. Now long, long post is gone

Minteh

It's so shiny!
I thought Artus had the belt? Oh well, I can always change it if necessary. All I'm gonna say is that she was pretty smug about removing her cuffs XD Valmiro can be attracted to her all he wants, I'm just not sure if Kenna would ever reciprocate his feelings if he had them.

I'd say out of Tim and Zerah, Zerah would most likely be a Virog. I can see traits of Tim in a Virgo but at the same time that doesn't really seem like him (at least based on my early impressions of Tim). So now that I've decided Kenna's a Cancer that puts her birthday in the middle of the year. I see her as a June baby myself...

It is difficult! It's not too bad if your character shares most of it's traits with one sign, but if they have traits with multiple signs it's just terrible XD

The MBTI typings seem pretty accurate to me! I'd say Tendrick fits the INFP role more than the ENFP role though.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Hehe, I was referring to when Schade was typing up his post, but now he says that it's gone, so there's no mistake. XD Schade, isn't there an auto-save? You look for the button and try to click it to restore what you have. XD

Tim has the orderliness and stuff, but he somehow also has some Libra, Cancer, Aquarius and Pisces in him. XD Zerah is probably the better choice for our Virgo, hehe…when I saw his Tektek, I guessed Virgo or Capricorn based on first impression. Keep it June…July might be too…"warm"? XD Artus might be our Aries here. XD Some are easier, others are harder…Rose happens to be very hard, which is funnier because Scorpio and Sagittarius are consecutive. XD Tim might be even harder, though. XD

He seemed the friendly sort, which is why I put down both possibilities. INFP seems to be a more messianic type, while ENFP is more…"out there". XD Artus, Tendrick and Valmiro were the hardest to pin down…especially Valmiro, because I was having a headache over whether to make him INTJ, INTP (this one is Tharja's type) or a messed-up and less social ENTP (magnificent bastard archetype). Tim and Kenna were the easiest, as the xSFJ was obvious, and it was just a matter of E or I, and between the two, it's obvious that Tim is I and Kenna is E. XD

Last edited:

Minteh

It's so shiny!
To be honest, I was wondering where this post was when you mentioned it. If it got deleted, there's usually a restore button at the bottom of the text box. You might be missing a few lines depending on when it autosaved but it should still be there. Also the little post regarding the loss of your text didn't show up before :S

Yeah, July would be too warm for Kenna I think! I've always found that characters like Tim or Rose are always the hardest to define. Using Rose as an example, she's percieved as being quite aggressive and a bully yet when you get to know her better she's actually pretty sweet. I think Artus would probably be the Aries as well...

Yeah, I can definately see why those three would be the hardest to pin down. I can definately see the messed up ENTP cropping up for Valmiro.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Schade said that his 'net messed up somewhere along…not sure how much of his post was saved. XD I think you were just ninja'd by him, hehe. XD

Rose's birthday should be between October 28 to December 10…late fall season fits her well, and she's either Scorpio or Sagittarius. XD Yup, Rose is nice in an unconventional, scary and harsh way. She doesn't bother changing her manner and she wouldn't dream of becoming gentle, feminine or polite. It shows because of the fact that she can be very loyal (though she remains coarse, dark, violent, cynical and aggressive) and knows how to look out for people, though not in the traditional sense. Tim can be…very, very scary in a "Tim" way. Now, if he were a Cancer too…that murderer/serial killer thing can explain it. He looks like one who could set off an eternal winter when provoked. XD Now, if only he had a split personality, where the scary comes out in some battles, and his attacks get a lot stronger, while dropping all his defensive/healing skills. XD

Also, be careful around what she cooks. Great hunter, not-so-great cook. XD She just tosses the dead animal and random bits into the cauldron/fire/whatever, cook it for a while…and it's a meal. Unless you're Valmiro, who'd enjoy the blood. XD It's not too bad…but she's no Tim, who probably makes such good desserts, even out of thin air! XD

It was a difficult decision, but I chose a "shonen hero" archetype for Artus, hehe…hence, ESTP. Tendrick at least, I'm sure of now. XD Hehe…considering that ENTPs need not be extremely friendly (that's an ESFP thing), it made the decision harder. XD

How about Pokemon teams? XD I already have Rose's all lined up! She'd prefer Dark-types over Ghost-types, definitely.

- Drapion
- Weavile
- Zoroark
- Houndoom
- Cacturne (a gangster like Scrafty that has thorns and is pantsless like Rose)
- Garchomp

Last edited:

Minteh

It's so shiny!
Definately ninja'd XD

I'd say Kenna's birthday would be somewhere between June 27th - July 3rd. The idea that Rose is nice but in an unconventional way makes it more easier to see why she could fit under the Hero category as well as the Big Guy.

I could see Tim being the kind of person to whip up something amazing from the worst ingredients you could mix together. Kenna wouldn't be that great of a cook now that I think about it. Like Rose, she can hunt well but her cooking skills leave something to be desired. She would know what not to put in a meal and how to prepare it, but she'd be the sort of person who puts it all together and hopes for the best XD

Oh, the shonen hero archetype definitely fits Artus. Good choice you made there!

Pokemon teams. Okay, lets see what I can whip up:
  1. Alomomola
  2. Milotic (Looking at the diamond dex entry, it is said to becalm violent hearts. To me this definitely applies to her Guardian trope)
  3. Krabby
  4. Empoleon
  5. Relicanth
  6. Swanna