• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A TCG DS game? (who'd buy it?)

eltigras

hmm Maybe I don't know if I would buy it.

esm8m

Pokémaniac
I haven't played the actual trading card game in a long time, but I'd buy and almost certainly enjoy a TCG game for the DS. (*Really wants them to translate the sequel to the first*)

Shiny Arcanine Trainer

remember the TCG has changed a fair bit from the way it was when the gameboy game came out. i think it would be great if they did but how succesful it would be, i don't know. it would take a bit of getting used to for people who aren't into the current TCG format. but done right, they could come up with something great i suppose.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I never played it. I would enjoy one though! I am hoping that there will be one soon^^

I've played it, and it was fun. I'd play one on the DS, but it'd have to have a lot of cards on it...

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Oh man the TCG game for GBC was one of my favourite games ever. I had every card except the two rare ones only availiable by mystery gift or something (Mew & Venasaur). Imakuni? was such a cool character I hope he returns if they ever make one for the DS.

Illusione-Tempus

Well like what I always say about TCG :

That game is freaking awesome! I hope to get the remake now! Cause you hear me, I got a box full of cards at home, so I'll buy the game when it comes near me :)
But I just got the GC Pokemon TCG game, but I enjoy every moment with TCG cards :D

Empoleon Bonaparte

I'd buy it. I played the original one a long time ago; never finished it though. They should maybe implement a WiFi updating system, updating the game with new rules and cards when new sets come out.

cybermew

A la lune!
They should maybe implement a WiFi updating system, updating the game with new rules and cards when new sets come out.

It's impossible, trust me.

To update the game with new stuff, a lot of stuff would have to be edited, including the way opponents repond to certain cards.

Also, I'd buy it. I don't have room to play a new TCG with my budget (I already spend too much on Yugioh), but I would love to play.

gogaomon

It's impossible, trust me.

To update the game with new stuff, a lot of stuff would have to be edited, including the way opponents repond to certain cards.

Also, I'd buy it. I don't have room to play a new TCG with my budget (I already spend too much on Yugioh), but I would love to play.

They did a wifi feature on the DS yugioh game, and yugioh has a bunch of cards and their rules change every couple of months or so, so the wifi feature on Yugioh lets you download new Limited/Forbidden lists and a card everyday.

They could probably fit most or all the cards in the DS game if they make it.

You bet your bottom dollar I would! It would be much better plus they could do tournaments on Wi-Fi. Some of the good wizards cards like Rocket's Minefield they wouldn't be able to use though. I would buy it even If I had to trade away my ;005;s to get it!

Last edited:

pkmntrjk6

Charizard fan
i would by it. cuz sometimes i really want to play but i can't when i don't have my computer with me or i can't get together with my friends.
i always thought it would be cool if u could enter ur own cards in wit some kind of scanner. now that would be cool.

InfamousMrJ

Serebii'sGhostbuster
I have to say, I would love for a TCG version for the DS to be made. I enjoyed the GBC quite a bit, and I've been wanting to break it out and play. It may not be as great in sales as any of the other branch off games, but I think it would be worth the investment.