• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Team Built Around Hax

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
This is a team that abuses dehabilitating moves. It does not cheat, and is not hacked.

It started with Jirachi.
;385;

Then I needed more Paraflinch for my team, so I picked:
;385; ;468;

I then needed a reliable lead, able to spread around the parlyasis, which naturally lead me to:
;149; ;385; ;468;

It was about that time that i needed more options for my hax team.
;149; ;385; ;286; ;468;

Then I added:
;149; ;091; ;385; ;286; ;468;

Finally, the last member of my team was added.
;149; ;091; ;068; ;385; ;286; ;468;

;149; Dragonite @Leftovers
Impish
Multiscale
200Hp, 200Def, 110Sp.Def
-Dragon Tail
-Thunder Wave
-Roost
-Fire Punch/Extremespeed
Dragonite is my phaser, switching paralyzed foes into my opponent's team, creating a build-up of dead weight nearing the end of the battle, the moveset and EV spread maximizes my phazing capabilities, and can easily ruin lv. 1 aron by using dragon tail to go last. Fire Punch adds coverage against steel-types.

;091; Cloyster @King's Rock
Jolly
Skill Link
252Atk, 252Spe, 4HP
-Razor Shell/Waterfall
-Icicle Spear
-Shell Smash
-Rock Blast
Cloyster spams multi-hit moves that have more then a 50% flinch chance thanks to his King's Rock, paralyzed enemies tkae the brunt of Cloyster's assault, and after a Shell Smash or two, Cloyster is nigh unbeatable.

;068; Machamp @Lum Berry
Adamant
No Guard
252HP, 252Atk, 4Def
-DynamicPunch
-Bullet Punch
-Stone Edge
-Ice Punch
Ah, the simple joy of smashing people with Machamp. Aside from beating my opponents into a pulp, Machamp adds confusion to my paraflinch hax. Machamp's moveset is organized for maximum coverage, and Ice Punch really helps against dragons.

;385; Jirachi @King's Rock
Careful
Serene Grace
176HP, 212Sp.Def, 120Spe
-Iron Head
-Body Slam
-Wish
-Fire Punch
Jirachi is half of my paraflinch core, and wrecks entire teams with 60%+ flinch chance Iron Head, Body slam paralyzes my foes, Wish heals, and Fire Punch is coverage against steel-types.

;286; Smish @Shell Bell
Jolly
Technician
252Spe, 252Atk, 4HP
-Bullet Seed
-Mach Punch
-Spore
-Swords Dance/Substitute
"Smish", my Breloom provides valuable support and hax with Spore + Bullet Seed or Mach Punch, even more so considering 1 hit from either move can do 20-40% of a target's health who takes neutral or sometimes half damage. Swords Dance isn't really used much, so i'm considering switching it out for Substitute.

;468; Togekiss @King's Rock
Modest
Serene Grace
252Sp.Atk, 252HP, 4Spe/4Def/4Sp.Def
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-Thunder Wave
-Roost
Togekiss makes up the other half of my paraflinch hax, and has a basic moveset for his role, with Aura Sphere for added coverage against steel-types.

So, there's my team. Please tell me what you think.

Last edited:

Shining Fire

A little rusty
I absolutely LOVE that Togekiss set, but under most situations, King's Rock, Quick Claw and hax Items are banned

sungkwon

King's Rock is actually 100% usable, rarely is it banned. It's Quick Claw and Focus Band that are typically banned, and any evasion modifying items.

Crobat laughs at most of this team, with Taunt it stops Dragonite from Roosting or Thunderwaving, Inner Focus stops any Flinches, and he can OHKO Machamp and Breloom with Acrobatics.

Also if you decide to drop Sword's Dance on Breloom and pick up Substitute, I would highly recommend Focus Punch over Mach Punch. Between Spore and Sub he won't get interrupted and can wreck with such a powerful STAB attack.

Your team also looks pretty slow, granted you're trying to spread Thunderwave around, but several pokemon just by typing are immune to that. You open yourself up to being swept by fast sweepers and revenge killers. You do have some priority, but besides Mach Punch it isn't STAB, and in some cases won't 2HKO some pokes. Choice Scarf on Togekiss or Jirachi with 252 Spe EVs can solve that. At least 1 fast flincher that can revenge without needing Paralysis will be necessary.

sungkwon

Must have misread something somewhere then.

Point of that statement was to say that King's Rock is viable and not a banned item either.

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
King's Rock is actually 100% usable, rarely is it banned. It's Quick Claw and Focus Band that are typically banned, and any evasion modifying items.

Crobat laughs at most of this team, with Taunt it stops Dragonite from Roosting or Thunderwaving, Inner Focus stops any Flinches, and he can OHKO Machamp and Breloom with Acrobatics.

Also if you decide to drop Sword's Dance on Breloom and pick up Substitute, I would highly recommend Focus Punch over Mach Punch. Between Spore and Sub he won't get interrupted and can wreck with such a powerful STAB attack.

Your team also looks pretty slow, granted you're trying to spread Thunderwave around, but several pokemon just by typing are immune to that. You open yourself up to being swept by fast sweepers and revenge killers. You do have some priority, but besides Mach Punch it isn't STAB, and in some cases won't 2HKO some pokes. Choice Scarf on Togekiss or Jirachi with 252 Spe EVs can solve that. At least 1 fast flincher that can revenge without needing Paralysis will be necessary.

Except that this is not even on Crobat's tier, and nobody is going to have Crobat just to avoid this team. And scarfing a parahaxer only works if the opponent is already paralyzed.

sungkwon

I've seen quite a few Crobats on the PO servers, and being a fast taunter and Acrobatics user I thought I'd point him out as a potential threat to this team. Especially with Inner Focus blocking Flinch.

A Choice Scarf Jolly Jirachi with Iron Head flinches at a 60% rate, and can be a fast revenge killer. Was just recommending a pokemon that can do something without needing Paralysis support.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
thanks for the advice, though my team still isn't perfect, so more comments would be appreciated. Also, Cinccino could replace Cloyster

phione345

Unorthodox Trainer
This may sound like a strange suggestion, but have you considered the use oof moves like confuse ray or even attract? They could make paraflinch even more frustrating and debilitating for the opponent, but that would probably just lead to switching lol

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
That's what machamp is for. Adding confusion and KOing pokemon.