1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A team built around ninjask....

Discussion in 'Older Gen RMT' started by Lunanight, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Lunanight

Lunanight Well-Known Member

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
    jolly nature
    252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Speed
    - Protect
    - Baton Pass
    - Ominous Wind
    - Swords Dance

Ominous wind gets ninjask a 10% chance to raise all stats by 1.5 allowing ninjask to make any of my sweepers get the boost due to baton pass

combine this with swords dance and the chosen sweeper can literally rip apart the opponents team
    protect is for pokemon that can use fake out and break ninjask's sash and we all know how often sashes are broken

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
    Rash Nature
    4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
    - HP Grass / HP Ice
    - Earth Power
    - Fire Blast
    - Dragon Pulse / Will-o-wisp

this set can cripple physical attackers with will-o-wisp and then kill them with any move it wants depending on the pokemon that is out.

it also can be used in synergy with ninjask negating fire moves and powering up, also with ninjasks baton pass: it has a good way of switching in to fire moves.

Latias @ Expert Belt
    timid Nature
    4 Def / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
    - Recover/Calm Mind
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Grass Knot
    - HP fire

A bait Latias, the opponent will think this a Scarf/Specs Latias and will bring in a pokemon that resists the move I used before.

Then, latias can do lots of damage to weavile and tyranitar who often carry pursuit, scizor also is threatened as latias can 1HKO scizor with HP fire
    I cannot decide on either calm mind or recover.

Scizor @ Lum berry
    Adamant Nature
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
    Ability: Technician
    - Pursuit
    - Bullet Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - Brick Break

A standard SD scizor and with over 350 attack and swords dance: not much can counter it

Pursuit for latias and celebi who try to switch out due to their choice item locks them into 1 move.
    Brick break can super effect any steel types (not including skarmory, jirachi and metagross)

Bullet punch is a priority move that gets a STAB bounus abd also technician and swords dance can really do some damage

Absol @ Expert Belt/Choice Scarf/Choice Band
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
    Ability: Super Luck
    - Sucker Punch/Night Slash
    - Psycho Cut/Super Power
    - Swords Dance
    - Stone Edge/Pursuit/Aerial Ace

Expert Belt/Choice Band + super luck + night slash/Sucker Punch + a celebi = a lot of damage.
    I cannot decide what item to give this thing as both speed and attack are extremely useful when trying to kill the opponent’s Pokémon.

Sucker punch is the strongest priority move when used by absol due to items and STAB. The dark moves are for celebi and latias, psycho cut and aerial ace are useful for killing bulky grass and fighting

Super power: I only use super power if I have the choice band, otherwise it has psycho cut.
    Stone edge is useful for killing salamence and unlike super power, it can be used with any item.

Electivire @ Expert belt
    Mild Nature
    36 Atk / 252 SpAtk / 220 Speed
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Punch
    - HP Grass/Earthquake
    - Cross Chop/fire Punch

The whole idea of this set is to super effect as many Pokémon as possible.
    With thunderbolt, ice punch, cross chop and earthquake: electivire can super effect 13 types which is almost all the types.

It also works with ninjask, absorbing the electric moves aimed at ninjask and getting a speed boost.

----------------------------

this is my first team built around One pokemon so i most likely made a few mistakes

2. benttwig33

benttwig33 Forum n00b!

Never ever ever have Any special move, let alone Om Wind on ninjask, that logic is very stupid. Either way, I often use a ninjask lead, and you can only keep him in for 2-3 turns max before it gets knocked out most of the time, it is an obvious strategy and other tends to take it out quick, unless they phaze it away.

Everything else is average, the ninjask idea is terrible.

3. Shiny Banette

Shiny Banette 0087-6616-6146

My team is

Specs Perk/Wise Jolt
    Jolteon @ Choice specs/Wise Glasses
    Modest Nature
    Ability:Volt Absorb
    252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed/6 Sp.Defense or HP
    -Hidden Power
    -Light Screen
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt

Special Orb Sweeper/Special Muscle Sweeper
    Scizor @ Life Orb/Muscle Band
    Adamant Nature
    Ability:Technician
    252 Attack/252 Defense/6 HP
    -Bullet Punch
    -Light Screen
    -Superpower
    -Night Slash

Sweeper Wall
    Altaria @ Choice Specs/Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Ability:Natural Cure
    200 Defense/200 Sp.Defense/110 Sp.Attack
    -Draco Meteor
    -Roost
    -Ice Beam
    -Heat Wave

Bounce Gara
    Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    Ability:Intimidate
    252 Attack/252 Sp.Defense/6 HP
    -Substitute
    -Bounce
    -Waterfall
    -Dragon Dance

Serebii Block
    Celebi @ Yache Berry
    Calm Nature
    Ability:Natural Cure
    252 Sp.Defense/200 Sp.Attack/58 Defense
    -Charge Beam
    -Calm Mind
    -AncientPower
    -Leaf Storm

Ex-Thunder
    Electrode @ WiseGlasses/
    Modest Nature
    Ability:Static
    252 Speed/252 Sp.Attack/6 Attack/
    -Signal Beam
    -Mirror Coat
    -Thunder
    -Explosion

RATE] I'll explain the uses for anyone who doesn't understand later

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  4. Fossa.

Fossa. Archive

Dear Shiny Banette, nobody cares. @OP, Replace Om Wind on Ninjask with Substitute. Replace the Focus sash with Leftovers, and change the IVs to 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Sp Def [you can play around with how much EV to put into Def/SpDef]. First move is Protect to scout out Taunt, Roar, Whirlwind, and Ice Shard. This turn also makes you faster than anything you will encounter as a lead. The next move [if none of the aforementioned threats are present] is Substitute, and then Protect/Swords Dance. You can keep doing this until you get enough Speed/Attack, and then Baton Pass safely to a sweeper or something similar. Replace SD on Scizor with Roost or some filler that you can find a way to use, and Replace Swords Dance on Absol with [I don't know what, but you have so many options and it is hard to read]. Neither Absol nor Scizor will need any speed, considering you will already have Max Speed from Ninjask if you use the one above. Instead, you can put those EVs into some defensive stat on both pokemon and give Absol a Life Orb or something that doesn't sap up HP/lock you into one move.

EDIT: If you really wanted to, you could put Baton Pass on both Scizor and Absol in place of those moves I told you to replace, so that you could switch between pokemon as to not lose the accumulated stat boosts.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010