• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Team for the Battle Subway

Well, it's been awhile.

I decided to make a team to challenge the Battle Subway. I have had major success in the regular Singles line in the past, so I thought I may as well try the Super Singles line. I hope that this team will carry me far.

Well, with a sandstorm team, we need to have a weather setter. I prefer Tyranitar for this job.

Spr_5b_248.png

With him out of the way, I had to choose a sand abuser. Since I am not the biggest fan of using legendaries in the Subway, Terrakion and Landorus are null. So, Garchomp is my best bet.

Spr_5b_445_m.png

Now I needed something that could pulverize weakened Pokemon after Garchomp fell. Excadrill said he would do that for me.

Spr_5b_530.png

THE TEAM UP CLOSE:

Spr_5b_248.png

Godzilla the Female Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sand Stream
Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spe)
252 HP/4 Atk/4 SpA/248 SpD
-Stone Edge
-Flamethrower
-Roar
-Crunch

Godzilla will be my lead, and I pray that she will do well. I have used Tyranitar in competitive play enough times to know that he is incredibly useful. The EVs are set up that way because I fail at EV training and just came up with some random stuff, though it would help in taking special hits, I guess.

Stone Edge and Crunch are my STAB attacks, dealing a number to anything weak to them, which includes Walrein and Cryogonal, popular users of Sheer Cold who would be simply itching to **** my team over.

Flamethrower is potentially the most important move on the set, however. It may not get STAB, but it hits many things that wall this team such as Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Levitate Bronzong.

Spr_5b_445_m.png

Trollchomp the Male Garchomp @ Brightpowder
Sand Veil
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
16 HP/252 Atk/240 Spe
-Double Team
-Swords Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake/Attract

Ah, Trollchomp. The best way under the sand to make the AI rip its digital hair out, while still retaining the power of a thousand jet engines. 240 Speed EVs allows me to outspeed max Speed base 100ers, while allowing me to allot the remaining 16 EVs to HP for extra bulk. Max Attack allows me to hit as hard as possible.

Double Team, when combined with the Brightpowder, Sand Veil, and potential Attract if the opponent is female and I choose to use it makes me nigh untouchable. Even without Attract this guy is more annoying than Billy Mays. Swords Dance allows me to become incredibly powerful, and after a few boosts I can KO even Pokemon like Skarmory and Bronzing while they struggle to hit me. Dragon Claw is my obligatory STAB. (I don't use Outrage because I don't want confusion to make my troll meet an early death) Earthquake allows me to hit Pokemon like Aggron or Steelix and whatnot harder than with Dragon Claw, but Attract can make this thing even trollier.

This guy intends to punch holes before he dies, where Excadrill can resume, because they are both bosses, and bosses are awesome.

Spr_5b_530.png

Freckle the Male Excadrill @ Life Orb
Sand Rush
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-X-Scissor

Excadrill is currently being suspect tested in competitive play, which means that of couse he'll do well in the Subway. EVs provide the power and Speed he needs to dominate the Subway system. Life Orb gives more power to his already powerful attacks.

Swords Dance is the key thing that Excadrill needs. Without it, he would not be very useful. Rock Slide and Earthquake provide coverage and STAB respectively, both killing things after a Rock Slide. X-Scissor handles the Pokemon like Breloom and Bronzong that resist EarthSlide.

I will lead with Godzilla, if only to get up weather. If it is weak to one of my attacks, I attack. If not, I switch to Trollchomp or Freckle to set up and rape away. When a wall comes in, I switch back to Godzilla and scorch it with Flamethrower. If not, they can effectively kill the opponent's entire team.

In the event that Godzilla is lost and there is a Bronzong or something, Freckle comes in, sets up, and X-Scissors them back where they belong.

That is my planned Sandstorm team for my time at the Subway. Please rate, comment, troll, flame, steal, any of that stuff. Well, maybe not steal, but you can do the rest of it.

Last edited:

Dragontamer1011

Before I suggest anything, you do know this is drastically different then the Battle Tower (I assume you're referring to Battle Tower) and Competitive matches, right? As such, certain sets won't do well at all, as the AI has a way of haxing everything in their favor. I.E. Status conditions, secondary effects, accuracy, EVERYTHING. Also, the sets don't really favor survivability at all for the most part, they're based on doing as much damage as possible.

Just some minor things I noticed (If you want more in depth, ask me). Tyranitar doesn't have nearly as much to fear from special attacks as it does from Physical Fighting moves, as Sandstorm only boosts its SpD. Also, speed is very important, as the AI will go right for the kill. Tyranitar is incredibly slow with this set which means hes vulnerable to alot.

Also, your team has two Pokemon weak to fighting, ground, and water, with no resistance. The AI WILL use this against you, especially sending out weather pokes to kill your standstorm. I suggest putting something in there to resist those.

Last edited:
Before I suggest anything, you do know this is drastically different then the Battle Tower (I assume you're referring to Battle Tower) and Competitive matches, right? As such, certain sets won't do well at all, as the AI has a way of haxing everything in their favor. I.E. Status conditions, secondary effects, accuracy, EVERYTHING. Also, the sets don't really favor survivability at all for the most part, they're based on doing as much damage as possible.

Just some minor things I noticed (If you want more in depth, ask me). Tyranitar doesn't have nearly as much to fear from special attacks as it does from Physical Fighting moves, as Sandstorm only boosts its SpD. Also, speed is very important, as the AI will go right for the kill. Tyranitar is incredibly slow with this set which means hes vulnerable to alot.

Also, your team has two Pokemon weak to fighting, ground, and water, with no resistance. The AI WILL use this against you, especially sending out weather pokes to kill your standstorm. I suggest putting something in there to resist those.

Yes, I understand this.

Tyranitar isn't very fast anyway, so too many Speed EVs could be a waste. I'll take your other advice though.

Dragontamer1011

DD Tar is a suggestion.

Dragontamer1011

EQ and Icicle Spear Mamoswine is also worth mentioning, thing wiped my other teams out... I really hate those things.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
Hmm i dont think having an all ground team would be good. You also don't have anything to hit water types with. With this team water types will kill you.

Dragontamer1011

Hmm i dont think having an all ground team would be good. You also don't have anything to hit water types with. With this team water types will kill you.

Well he just needs something to counter them, thats all.

agreed.
like the other team that has the same pokemon you've got here (maybe not the same moves)
you've got to watch out for bulky curse-rest-chesto users like swampert and gastrodon. even though they cant outspeed you, once your garchomp's down, they will kill off the other two quickly. and also trick room users, though its not such a big problem in singles.