• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Team in Need

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
A Team in Need

Hello people, this is my first RMT and I need help with my team. It seems pretty good, but I want to make it better. This is supposed to be a bulky offensive team. Here is a first look:

479-w.gif
437.gif
637.gif
149.gif
121.gif
639.gif

Okay, so I started off by building this team around Volcarona and Dragonite, two pokemon who were both very powerful setup pokemon. I realized they needed a bit of support so I added my screens Bronzong to help. They were also weak to Stealth Rock and Starmie was my first choice. I added Rotom-W for synergy and Terrakion as another physical sweeper.

479-w.gif

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

I got this set from POTW and it seems to be pretty standard. Hydro Pump is the main STAB, but it really sucks when it misses. Volt switch keeps momentum going. Pain split is for healing and causing some damage when I'm at low HP. Will-O-Wisp gives an attack drop and some nice damage over the turns. It's my basic lead most of the time.

437.gif

Bronzong @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SDef
0 Speed IV's
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

This is a set I grabbed from Smogon and it is amazing. Heatrans are attracted to this like moths to a light and this thing is so bulky, it kills unsuspecting Heatran after Light Screen is up and their balloon is popped. The EV's are made specifically for this reason. Bronzong is a great tank and helps me out a lot. Light Screen and Reflect are standard for any dual screens and really back up the entire team. Gyro Ball with Bronzong's low speed helps out with a lot of stuff. Earthquake ruins Heatran and Magnezone who think they can switch in on it. I put Heatproof on it because it generally takes more fire attacks than ground and I think that it is worth it. Put in Levitate instead to help with Landorus.

637.gif

Volcarona (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz

ChestoRest Volcarona is really good and I made Volcarona be as physically bulky as possible. The rest is pretty standard, Quiver Dance until you get enough boosts, then sweep with complimentary STABs in Fiery Dance and Bug Buzz.

149.gif

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Outrage
- Fire Punch/Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Yay, it's bulky offensive Dragonite. We all know how this works. Dragon Dance until you have enough boosts, then sweep with Outrage. Fire Punch is mainly for steels like Ferrothorn, but I'm wondering if Earthquake would be a better choice? Roost lets me heal when I have low HP. It has a Lum berry to stop confusion from Outrage.

121.gif

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

Starmie fills the need for a spinner on my team, but is rather good offensively as well. Rapid spin is its main use, ruining Stealth Rock. Surf is its regular STAB and I don't really like Hydro Pump's accuracy but if people can convince me, it can change. Ice beam and Thunderbolt give great BoltBeam coverage.

639.gif

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Swords Dance Terrakion helps my team out when it is in a tight spot. I didn't want double dance because each moveslot is too precious to lose. Stone Edge and Close Combat are its regular STABs which have great power. Quick attack is to finish off Cloyster and Scizor when they are at low HP. It is generally a good sweeper. Choice Scarf Terrakion serves as a revenge killer for many threats on the team. Close Combat and Stone Edge are STABs, while Earthquake and X-Scissor give more than enough coverage.

Anyway this is my team. I feel that it is good but can be better. I would really appreciate some help on making this a better team.

Last edited:

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
A Team in Need

Hello people, this is my first RMT and I need help with my team. It seems pretty good, but I want to make it better. This is supposed to be a bulky offensive team. Here is a first look:

479-w.gif
437.gif
637.gif
149.gif
121.gif
639.gif

Okay, so I started off by building this team around Volcarona and Dragonite, two pokemon who were both very powerful setup pokemon. I realized they needed a bit of support so I added my screens Bronzong to help. They were also weak to Stealth Rock and Starmie was my first choice. I added Rotom-W for synergy and Terrakion as another physical sweeper.

479-w.gif

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

I got this set from POTW and it seems to be pretty standard. Hydro Pump is the main STAB, but it really sucks when it misses. Volt switch keeps momentum going. Pain split is for healing and causing some damage when I'm at low HP. Will-O-Wisp gives an attack drop and some nice damage over the turns. It's my basic lead most of the time.

437.gif

Bronzong @ Light Clay
0 Speed IV's
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

This is a set I grabbed from Smogon and it is amazing. Heatrans are attracted to this like moths to a light and this thing is so bulky, it kills unsuspecting Heatran after Light Screen is up and their balloon is popped. The EV's are made specifically for this reason. Bronzong is a great tank and helps me out a lot. Light Screen and Reflect are standard for any dual screens and really back up the entire team. Gyro Ball with Bronzong's low speed helps out with a lot of stuff. Earthquake ruins Heatran and Magnezone who think they can switch in on it. I put Heatproof on it because it generally takes more fire attacks than ground and I think that it is worth it.

Your team really shouldn't be as scared of Heatran as you make it out to be. Terrakion, Rotom-W and Starmie can all take it like a champ. You should be more concerned with Landorus. It's general Scarf set can run your team if you aren't careful. Avoiding it's earthquake can save Bronzong from a fate it'd rather avoid.

637.gif

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz

ChestoRest Volcarona is really good and I made Volcarona be as physically bulky as possible. The rest is pretty standard, Quiver Dance until you get enough boosts, then sweep with complimentary STABs in Fiery Dance and Bug Buzz.

Typical bulky Volcarona I guess.

149.gif

- Roost
- Outrage
- Fire Punch/Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Yay, it's bulky offensive Dragonite. We all know how this works. Dragon Dance until you have enough boosts, then sweep with Outrage. Fire Punch is mainly for steels like Ferrothorn, but I'm wondering if Earthquake would be a better choice? Roost lets me heal when I have low HP. It has a Lum berry to stop confusion from Outrage.

Bulky Dragon. Not really going to pick at this one (plenty of others might find fault in it though).

121.gif

Starmie @ Life Orb
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

Starmie fills the need for a spinner on my team, but is rather good offensively as well. Rapid spin is its main use, ruining Stealth Rock. Surf is its regular STAB and I don't really like Hydro Pump's accuracy but if people can convince me, it can change. Ice beam and Thunderbolt give great BoltBeam coverage.

Standard Star.

639.gif

Terrakion @ Life Orb / Air Balloon
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack / X-Scissor

Swords Dance Terrakion helps my team out when it is in a tight spot. I didn't want double dance because each moveslot is too precious to lose. Stone Edge and Close Combat are its regular STABs which have great power. Quick attack is to finish off Cloyster and Scizor when they are at low HP. It is generally a good sweeper.

Quick Attack can be opted out for X-Scissor to help cover the Psychics that are set to counter the large fighting type presence. Your call though. Air Balloon can save you some Landorus grief and give you a safe entry when it's scarf locked into earthquake.

Anyway this is my team. I feel that it is good but can be better. I would really appreciate some help on making this a better team.

Notes in bold.

Your team currently has issues with Landorus. Stone Edge and Earthquake currently hurt 4 out of six of your team.

Ice Blue Dragon

I belive I can fly!
A Team in Need

479-w.gif

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Looks good, but you could run the trick set if this one dosn't work.

437.gif

Bronzong @ Light Clay
0 Speed IV's
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

This is a set I grabbed from Smogon and it is amazing. Heatrans are attracted
to this like moths to a light and this thing is so bulky, it kills unsuspecting Heatran after Light Screen is up and their balloon is popped. The EV's are made specifically for this reason. Bronzong is a great tank and helps me out a lot. Light Screen and Reflect are standard for any dual screens and really back up the entire team. Gyro Ball with Bronzong's low speed helps out with a lot of
stuff. Earthquake ruins Heatran and Magnezone who think they can switch in on it. I put Heatproof on it because it generally takes more fire attacks than
ground and I think that it is worth it.

I agree with SilentOmen, you don't need to fear heatran, and landuois sweeps the team. Other wise it is good.

637.gif

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz

ChestoRest Volcarona is really good and I made Volcarona be as physically
bulky as possible. The rest is pretty standard, Quiver Dance until you get enough boosts, then sweep with complimentary STABs in Fiery Dance and Bug Buzz.

Standard set, works well.

149.gif

- Roost
- Outrage
- Fire Punch/Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Yay, it's bulky offensive Dragonite. We all know how this works. Dragon Dance
until you have enough boosts, then sweep with Outrage. Fire Punch is mainly for steels like Ferrothorn, but I'm wondering if Earthquake would be a better choice? Roost lets me heal when I have low HP. It has a Lum berry to stop
confusion from Outrage.

Amazingly annoying, for your opponent. No problems here.

121.gif

Starmie @ Life Orb
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

Starmie fills the need for a spinner on my team, but is rather good offensively as well. Rapid spin is its main use, ruining Stealth Rock. Surf is its regular
STAB and I don't really like Hydro Pump's accuracy but if people can convince me, it can change. Ice beam and Thunderbolt give great BoltBeam coverage.

Good.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/
content/uploads/2011/03/639.gif
Terrakion @ Life Orbchoice scarf
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- X-sissor[/s]

Swords Dance Terrakion helps my team out when it is in a tight spot. I didn't want double dance because each moveslot is too precious to lose. Stone Edge
and Close Combat are its regular STABs which have great power. Quick attack
is to finish off Cloyster and Scizor when they are at low HP. It is generally a good sweeper.

I believe the scarf set is better, as it can counter many fast threats. If you want to you can do it with life orb.

This team is very good, and to be honset, I don't think it is that needy.

Zachmac

Pick Fire Punch on Dragonite. As stated twice before, your team doesn't fear Heatran, so Fire Punch gives much better coverage. Let's look at the general steel type(the only type to resist Dragon).
Scizor: x4 weakness to fire.
Forretress: X4 weakness to fire.
Ferrothorn: x4 weakness to fire.
Skarmory: Immunity to EQ.
Bronzong: 99% of the time, immunity to EQ.
I believe the scarf set is better, as it can counter many fast threats. If you want to you can do it with life orb.
It usually depends on the team, but scarf would be better for this one, since it's already got a physical stat booster, and not scarf/revenge killer.

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
Thanks for rating my team you guys, I've made the changes in bold. Is there anything I might want to replace or additional things I could change?

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
Thanks for rating my team you guys, I've made the changes in bold. Is there anything I might want to replace or additional things I could change?

Don't forget to update the descriptions to note the small changes you've made (example, Terrakion no long has Quick attack so his description is confusing).

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
Ok I fixed up the descriptions. Is there anything else that could make this team better?

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
Honestly, I don't think I can suggest any further improvements. You could have replacements, but I honestly think that replacing anything adds more complications than it takes away. It also seems that (to me) you've made sure that your team isn't type weak. You may have a type or two of concerns, but it looks to me that you have great counters to make it a non issue. I'm glad you took everyone's advice and crafted it into (what I think is) a great competetive team and a threat to watch out for :)