• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

a team that isn't complete crap (peaked #3 on Smogon PS)

i hate pokemon but decided that after being out of the game for a few months to give it a go. turns out either the ladder is bad or i am good because i managed to go 21-0 before getting my first loss, and peaked at #3 in Smogon PS OU with a score of 30-2. i didn't actually change my team at all during my ladder spree because im lazy and don't really know the metagame. luckily dragmag is simple enough to work.

ladder3_zps908d7121.jpg

i am the mighty horse ****er. anyway here is the team.

462.gif
646-black.gif
381.gif
473.gif
445.gif
448.gif

462.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Charge Beam

this is the beast that guarantees an easy win against a bad player. did your scizor use bullet punch, scarf jirachi use iron head, or ferrothorn decide to stay in and do anything at all? then congrats, i just got two kills (or more). at +2 magnezone hits surprisingly hard, 2HKOing tyranitar / latios with tbolt and even defensive landorus t with hp fire (both of whom are outrun). once maggy gets its guaranteed 2 kills i usually let it die or save it to sponge a random outrage.

646-black.gif
@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 188 Spd / 252 Atk / 64 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

kyuremb is retarded. it hits about as hard as a jolly pokemon holding choice band with 115 base attack. you would be surprised what just lies down and dies to a single outrage after stealth rocks. rotom-w, keldeo, terrakion, blissey, ninetales, jellicent, politoed... even some offensive steels like lucario and fast scizor fall to two outrages. 188 speed outruns +1 gyarados with the rest in bulk. 64 hp allows kyurem to survive 4 seismic tosses or 4 hits from stealth rock before fainting.

381.gif
@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Draco Meteor

scarf latios is pretty deadly when scizor, forry, ferrothorn etc are gone. yeah tyranitar is annoying but that **** is just setup bait for lucario / garchomp anyway. latias checks a bunch of stuff and supplies some massive offensive presence. it outruns scarf terrakion, keldeo, and venusaur, OHKOing all of them (and no one really seems to expect scarf latios)

473.gif
@ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

mamoswine is kinda weird. when it works, it works well... getting rocks down and a free kill with endeavor + ice shard. usually though it just gets rocks down and checks some random scarf salamence. then again you would be surprised how weak people are to mamoswine when forretress and skarmory are fried by magnezone.

445.gif
@ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fire Fang
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

yache berry garchomp is surprisingly strong still as no one really wants to risk their lati@s so they just try to check it with starmie or (random ice wielding scarfer). or even better, they send landorus-t in on a swords dance and take 70-80% from +1 outrage (then die because landorus t can't do **** back). the only thing that really can switch in on this safely is skarmory in the rain, and that thing gets massacred by magnezone.

448.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat

lucario is sorta filler but checks a bunch of stuff and take advantage of the garbage pursuiters scarf latios lures in. lucario doesn't sweep very much because every random ******* on the ladder runs landorus t or something. Still it can just use close combat + extremespeed to get a KO in most cases. it also lures in terrakions who take a solid chunk from bullet punch (or OHKO if im at +2). bullet punch also beats gengar who is a huge dick.

changes i'm considering are mostly just something over mamoswine, or a different set. regardless mamoswine does its job well enough that it isn't dead weight. i could run hp ice magnezone and donphan > mamoswine possibly?

I like my title idea better.

Just so that this post isn't complete spam, I like HP Ice more on Magnezone because of dumb stuff like Garchomp and Gastrodon and I don't know what all. Maybe worth a shot, but it's probably not that important. Timid Growth Venusaur could also be a jerk with Stealth Rock down if it gets set up, so...don't let it set up.

Yeah, that's about it. Nice DragMag, pretty standard stuff. Good luck with your team!

Eaglehawk

Banned
3Drag1Mag1ElephantPig1Doog not goodz team not quality worthy

jk this is a very good albeit standard DragMag team. I can never actually pull a DragMag off well, but since you can, kudos to you. I really do not have anything else to say about this team.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
RP Landy-I sweeps you with rocks down if Mamo is gone (or if it carrys yache, which none of them do). No idea what to do about it, and you're supposed to be better than me at this anyways.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
RP Landy-I sweeps you with rocks down if Mamo is gone (or if it carrys yache, which none of them do). No idea what to do about it, and you're supposed to be better than me at this anyways.

latios still lives even after sr...

hey mag loved the team, i tested it out to give you feedback ....

first i replaced lucario with scarfty so after one dd it would outspeed none choice scarf pokes such as lando which can cause you trouble. hp ice on mag so after you set up on ferro etc a ground type such as lando will die.

heres the rank i got up to on ps with your team with the changes
redditto_zps2beef175.png

I like my title idea better.

Just so that this post isn't complete spam, I like HP Ice more on Magnezone because of dumb stuff like Garchomp and Gastrodon and I don't know what all. Maybe worth a shot, but it's probably not that important. Timid Growth Venusaur could also be a jerk with Stealth Rock down if it gets set up, so...don't let it set up.

Yeah, that's about it. Nice DragMag, pretty standard stuff. Good luck with your team!

Your title was better, I will admit.

As for HP Ice, I think I'm going to stick with Fire because removing Scizor and Ferrothorn (and Forretress to a lesser extent) immediately is extremely important. Kyurem B can't do anything until those pokemon die. HP Ice won't beat SD Scizor (who is really ****ing annoying) and it doesn't always beat Ferrothorn. HP Ice is better for getting kills after the first but HP Fire also catches opposing Magnezone who think they can revenge kill easily.

3Drag1Mag1ElephantPig1Doog not goodz team not quality worthy

jk this is a very good albeit standard DragMag team. I can never actually pull a DragMag off well, but since you can, kudos to you. I really do not have anything else to say about this team.

Thanks bud! It really isn't hard to use. Just kill the steel and spam dragon attacks.

Latios survives a hit and OHKOs.
Garchomp survives a hit and does 70-80% (putting it in Lucario's KO range).
Kyurem B outruns it if it doesn't Rock Polish and OHKOs with Outrage after SR.
Mamoswine deals 99% minimum.

I am not weak to this. You could argue that LO U-turn Landorus is a problem, but this team has so much speed it doesn't really care.

hey mag loved the team, i tested it out to give you feedback ....

first i replaced lucario with scarfty so after one dd it would outspeed none choice scarf pokes such as lando which can cause you trouble. hp ice on mag so after you set up on ferro etc a ground type such as lando will die.

heres the rank i got up to on ps with your team with the changes
redditto_zps2beef175.png

Not bad! I didn't use HP Ice because of the reasons I explained to Jesusfreak in the post above. No to Scrafty because it sucks, and because it lacks the Steel typing + Extremespeed Lucario has. Lucario also has immediate power meaning it doesn't have to set up to do some damage.

Congrats on your ranking! Keep in mind to get on the ladder your provisional score (I think it's called that, the thing you have 113 of) has to be 100 or lower to actually be on the leaderboard. When I was at 21-0 my score was something stupid like 2800. Play ~13 more games and see how high you can get! To get on the leaderboard you need at least 30-40 battles.

Last edited:

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
It can be screwed by people that know how to abuse their fighting type attacks well, however there's not much you can do to change that without opening more holes.

Nice team

It can be screwed by people that know how to abuse their fighting type attacks well, however there's not much you can do to change that without opening more holes.

Nice team

Yeah, they're REALLY annoying. Scarf Terrakion especially gets a free kill every time it comes in once Latios takes a single hit.

I could drop Mamoswine for something else. Maybe something stupid like Scarf Gothitelle (or Specs?!). I could also run CB Scizor who benefits from Magnezone trapping Scizor and Forretress and can sorta help with Terrakion (in a way).

McDanger

Yeah, they're REALLY annoying. Scarf Terrakion especially gets a free kill every time it comes in once Latios takes a single hit.

I could drop Mamoswine for something else. Maybe something stupid like Scarf Gothitelle (or Specs?!). I could also run CB Scizor who benefits from Magnezone trapping Scizor and Forretress and can sorta help with Terrakion (in a way).

What about landorus therian, that way you dont lose rocks by switching mamo for goth, and landorus can keep momentum with u turn, tho you loss ice shard but offensive pivot landorus is 3hkoed by scarfed salamences outrage iirc