• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Team That Needs Editing

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Here we go... I hope I don't fail posting this.

Gliscor @ Leftovers @ Jolly @ Sand Veil
+252 Attack, 220 Speed, 36 HP
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Substitute
Stealth Rock

This guy is different from standard Gliscors, because he isn't a Toxic Orb Poison Healer. Gliscor can also be fast if you need him to be, which is what I did. In event of a Politoed, I would want to switch to Blastoise.

Blastoise @ Leftovers @ Modest @ Torrent
252 Sp. A + HP, 4 D

Toxic
Hydro Pump
Protect
Rapid Spin

Your standard stall set. I will try to toxic the Politoed here, if possible. Anyways, I also keep this guy's Rapid Spin handy for ditching Rocks and Spikes that so often come from Skarmories.

Weavile @ Life Orb @ Jolly @ Pressure
+ 252 A + Spd, +4 HP
Ice Punch
Ice Shard
Pursuit
Low Kick

This guy MUST be kept. You can switch and alter ANY SETS but this one. He is my main offensive pokemon, and has saved me many times. Do I even have to explain my thinking here? Pound pound pound! And Low Kick works well against a LOT of pokemon that would otherwise threaten Weavile.

Gengar @ Leftovers @ Timid @ Levitate (as if I had a choice LOL)
252 Sp. A + Spd, 4 Sp. D
Shadow Ball
Substitute
Focus Blast
Disable

I would prefer it if this guy doesn't get edited/replaced, because he works well with Weavile. The plan here is to ruin Choicers with Disable, and sub while they switch out.

Ampharos @ Leftovers @ Bold @ Static
252 Sp. A + HP, 4 Def
Thunderbolt
Cotton Guard
Counter
Hidden Power Fighting

I have never used Cotton Guard here as of yet. This guy can tank quite a few hits, and punish the beating with Counter. That's the surprise move. And HP Fighting does well against potential threats such as Tyranitar.

Scizor @ Expert Belt @ Adamant @ Technician
252 HP + Attack, 4 Sp. D
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Bug Bite
Aerial Ace

I'm not too sure how a standard Scizor set would work, but this set seems pretty good when I use it. Bullet Punch is a nice power move you MUST HAVE. The other moves cover Scizor well to my knowledge.

Ok. Now you guys can pull apart my team and change it as you will (besides Weavile). I will edit stuff as I receive suggestions, and I will have a destructive team hopefully. :)

Last edited:

TeamRocketGrunt

WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo
What does Blastoises Rapid Spin do?

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Erm, I guess you don't know what Rapid Spin does...

Scizor @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 126 HP / 126 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

This is my set. Your set runs Acrobatics, but Acrobatics' power only increases after an item has been consumed and Expert Belt is a non-consumable item. The Speed EVs actually help it outspeed some slow stuff and is usually unexpected with Swords Dance. You can also go with 8 Speed EVs if you just want to outspeed other Scizor.

irock245

She wants it
If your using sand veil gliscor, you should probably run tyranitar or hippodown in case the opponent uses a rain or sun team.

I know what it does but what's the benefit

The benefit is that it gets rid of all entry hazards (i.e. Stealth Rock, Spikes and Toxic Spikes). Stealth Rock alone takes out 1/4 of Weavile's HP which is a pretty large chunk considering he is running Life Orb as well.

Anyways, my main issue with your team is Blastoise. Seeing as you're running a stall st (or at least attempting to), I'd recommend using a more defensive EV spread: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD. Blastoise's prime role is to spin away hazards and induce status, not sweep so putting EVs into SpA is pointless. Also, Scald would be a better option Hydro Pump as it is not only more reliable, but it also has a 30% chance of causing a burn which would be crucial in crippling offensive threats such as opposing Scizor, who would otherwise resist Toxic.

To be honest, the Blastoise and Ampharos kind of don't do the team any real favors. If you want bulk, go to Jellicent, or to set up some toxic spikes, Tentacruel. Blastoise really seems to drag an otherwise good team down.

Vatii

Banned
Other then not using toxic orb and poison heal I don't see any issues. Great synergy between the members. It even covers for weaviles laundry list of weaknesses. Great job with this team. My hats off to you on this one sir.

PhoenixShad0w13

Sword Master
If you are wanting a flying move on Scizor, but keeping Expert Belt, I recommend Aerial Ace over Acrobatics. Acrobatics is only useful when you do not have a hold item (i.e. berry, gem, the move fling, get hit by thief, etc.).

I use Brick Break over Superpower, but that's because I don't like the defense drops. But that's personal preference over anything

If you are wanting a flying move on Scizor, but keeping Expert Belt, I recommend Aerial Ace over Acrobatics. Acrobatics is only useful when you do not have a hold item (i.e. berry, gem, the move fling, get hit by thief, etc.).

I use Brick Break over Superpower, but that's because I don't like the defense drops. But that's personal preference over anything

I had a lot of experience using Scizor, and 9 out of 10 times I prefer Superpower. Brick Break is too underpowered. The only time I would prefer it is when my aim 6+ Attk set up from multiple swords dances or get Belly Drum boost some Smeargle.

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
I was using Acrobatics for the Tech boost, and I forgot about Aerial Ace... :/

I'll update that... And I think I will replace Ampharos and Blastoise. But with what... That, I will have to figure out. I think Jellicient will replace Blastoise, but Ampharos... I dunno.

I was using Acrobatics for the Tech boost, and I forgot about Aerial Ace... :/

I'll update that... And I think I will replace Ampharos and Blastoise. But with what... That, I will have to figure out. I think Jellicient will replace Blastoise, but Ampharos... I dunno.

Good choice of replacing the Blastoise with the Jellicent. Ampharos isn't that bad, but I have never seen it being of much use in most battles I had against it.