• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Tempest Brews (DS Tales Announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonair

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6141065.html

TOKYO--Namco's popular Tales series is exploring new territory on the Nintendo DS. Today, the company announced it is currently developing a new game for the double-screened handheld, titled Tales of the Tempest. The game is slated for a 2006 release in Japan, with no plans yet for a US release.

The player takes the role of Caius Qualls, a 15-year-old boy who's on a journey to find his true parents. Caius lived in a small village named Alleula, until it was discovered that his father was not entirely human, sending the locals into a fury. During their escape from the village, his father decided to become a decoy so that Caius could get away.

Like with other Tales installments on home consoles, gamers can expect Tales of the Tempest to feature a lot of action that employs the DS's touch screen capabilities. Character designs will be done by Mutsumi Inomata, who's known for designing the heroes of the original Tales of Destiny.

Discuss.

Soul

Demo Reel
Oh yeah lolz, i was going to post this earlier but i forgot 8D, thanks ron :p (i still dont like tikal)

anyway im really hoping this comes out in the US :( cuz if they dont i'll sue >=o!! oh and i think Mutsumi Inomata also did the art for ToR but im not sure >>;

Cless Aileron

Tales Fanatic
Soul said:
Oh yeah lolz, i was going to post this earlier but i forgot 8D, thanks ron :p (i still dont like tikal)

anyway im really hoping this comes out in the US :( cuz if they dont i'll sue >=o!! oh and i think Mutsumi Inomata also did the art for ToR but im not sure >>;

Yes, Mutsumi Inomata did the artwork for Tales of Rebirth. She pretty much did the artwork for most of the Tales games (Tales of Destiny, Tales of Eternia, Tales of Destiny 2, and Tales of Rebirth are all of previous ones).

Well, knew about this already. I still would like to see how this Tales comes out on the DS.

Ex_Mightyena

Mightyena Master
what systems were the old games on and were they any good?
do you think it will be more popular on DS?

Paradox

Irate Pirate
ToS, as for most people was my first Tales game, and if this is anywhere near as good it's going straight into my DS, import or not

-Koumori-

Paradox said:
ToS, as for most people was my first Tales game, and if this is anywhere near as good it's going straight into my DS, import or not
It was my first Tales game as well, and one of my favorite games to date - I was just amazed by it. (<3 Sheena) With that in mind, I've been hoping that others will be released overseas, such as Tales of Legendia, etc. I look forward to this DS game, as well, but more then any of them, I would like to see Tales of the Abyss make the trek overseas.

Dragonair

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Speaking of other Tales games, if you don't already know about it, Tales of Phantasia had gotten a release date in the US. March 2006.

Soul said:
>:0

-Koumori-

Tales of Phantasia is one I've always wanted to play o_O Thanks for the info, Dragonair. It's the GBA port of it that they're releasing, right?

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Tales of Phantasia OWNS. It's the best SNES game ever made, seriously.

This DS game has been in my signature for a long time. It had BETTER come out in the US!

Cless Aileron

Tales Fanatic
Yes. Tales of Phantasia is one of the best Tales game there is (particularly its PS1 version. Even better than the Super Famicom/SNES version). Though I have big concern over the GBA version because I heard that there were some slowdown problems. Unless they somehow fix that, I think this version would be end up being not-so-good. Either way, I'll end up buying the GBA version but still stick with my import PS1 version.

And just a bit of useless trivia: Today actually marks the 10th anniversary of the series since the Super Famicom/SNES version of Tales of Phantasia was released on this day in Japan 10 years ago.

-Koumori-

Cless Aileron said:
Yes. Tales of Phantasia is one of the best Tales game there is (particularly its PS1 version. Even better than the Super Famicom/SNES version). Though I have big concern over the GBA version because I heard that there were some slowdown problems. Unless they somehow fix that, I think this version would be end up being not-so-good. Either way, I'll end up buying the GBA version but still stick with my import PS1 version.

And just a bit of useless trivia: Today actually marks the 10th anniversary of the series since the Super Famicom/SNES version of Tales of Phantasia was released on this day in Japan 10 years ago.
They added in a 'new' character in the PS1 version didn't they? It was a girl that was present in the first game apparently, but not part of your party - Of course, my Tales knowledge isn't as up to date as yours, but I think she might have been a Ninja - the girl on the far right on your banner?

What type of slowdown problems are we talking about?

December 15th, 1995 eh? That's always a good one to remember ^_^

Cless Aileron

Tales Fanatic
-Koumori- said:
They added in a 'new' character in the PS1 version didn't they? It was a girl that was present in the first game apparently, but not part of your party - Of course, my Tales knowledge isn't as up to date as yours, but I think she might have been a Ninja - the girl on the far right on your banner?

What type of slowdown problems are we talking about?

December 15th, 1995 eh? That's always a good one to remember ^_^

Yeah. Suzu Fujibayashi was a NPC in the Super Famicom/SNES version but was made playable character in the PS1 version (this also applies to the GBA version, since the GBA version is a fusion of both the Super Famicom and the PS1 version). And yes, she is a ninja (and you identify the correct person).

As for the slowdown, I'm hearing that the slowdown is bad during the actual battles now and then.

-Koumori-

Cless Aileron said:
Yeah. Suzu Fujibayashi was a NPC in the Super Famicom/SNES version but was made playable character in the PS1 version (this also applies to the GBA version, since the GBA version is a fusion of both the Super Famicom and the PS1 version). And yes, she is a ninja (and you identify the correct person).

As for the slowdown, I'm hearing that the slowdown is bad during the actual battles now and then.
This bodes well for me, then XD I love Ninja girls. Bonus for knowing what I'm talking about for once ^_^;

The slowdown almost sounds like a bit of a lag, am I right?

Dragonair

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Sort of. Slowdown is like lag, but it's not done over a network. It comes from pretty much having too many processes running at the same time on a given system.

-Koumori-

Dragonair said:
Sort of. Slowdown is like lag, but it's not done over a network. It comes from pretty much having too many processes running at the same time on a given system.
Ooh, I got ya now. Thanks for clearing that up.

Is there anything more then a picture of the supposed protagonist of Tempest?

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
-Koumori- said:
This bodes well for me, then XD I love Ninja girls. Bonus for knowing what I'm talking about for once ^_^;

Suzu is Sheena´s descendant, actually. ^^;;; Tales of Symphonia is a prequel.

Err, anyway, I can´t wait for Tales of the Tempest either! I´m happy that Namco is finally bringing more Tales games to Nintendo consoles.

Oh, and Tales of Legendia has a US date. February I believe.

-Koumori-

Yorei said:
Suzu is Sheena´s descendant, actually. ^^;;; Tales of Symphonia is a prequel.

Err, anyway, I can´t wait for Tales of the Tempest either! I´m happy that Namco is finally bringing more Tales games to Nintendo consoles.

Oh, and Tales of Legendia has a US date. February I believe.
o_O Say what? That's something I had no idea of. Any idea where I can read more about that?

EDIT: Though..I should have figured that out, since they have the same last name ._.;

As for Tales of Legendia, freaking awesome >_>

Soul

Demo Reel
oh btw if you guys havent seen it already there was a short video clip of Tales of the Tempest, it isnt much but i has some battles in it :eek:!! this game is looking really good :D!

ToL does look good but Tales of the Abyss looks way better imo :D! just hope it comes to the states :(

-Koumori-

Soul said:
oh btw if you guys havent seen it already there was a short video clip of Tales of the Tempest, it isnt much but i has some battles in it :eek:!! this game is looking really good :D!

ToL does look good but Tales of the Abyss looks way better imo :D! just hope it comes to the states :(
Where's the clip available at?

Yeah, I checked back on ToL, and it...doesn't look very appealing to me. Tales of the Abyss look amazing, though - I think they'll bring it over.

Status
Not open for further replies.