• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A theory about noobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Globe

Si Vis Amor, ama
I have noticed a few things noobs, stupid people, all have in common; it's as if they have their own trademarks which define them as such. Among these is

1. Chatspeak, 1337 or leetspeak (occasional use of "lul", "lawl" and "wut" do not apply)

2. Listening to Lady GaGa, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, etc. That kind of music, if you get my drift. (although this is a big exception, I've noticed a lot of them listen to it.

3. Bumping old threads. But like, a lot.

4. People with no avatars, FC sigs, trainer card sigs and under twenty posts

5. People who use no shift.

Now, I do not say everyone who does something of the list is a noob or a stupid individual; just that I noticed most of them are.

Do you agree? Disagree? Think I just shat brix? Well whatever, it's my 2 cents and seven worthless pennies

Bulldogs

Banned
I agree with every one but the 4th one. Post count is no indication of "noobyness". They can't help it if they didn't know about the site.

Josiah

is your favorite
^Depends on the quality of the posts.
People who use memes in every post should be listed (ex. 'shat brix').

FlyingTotodile

Many totodiles can't
A theory? My, you must certainly be bored if you're sitting there thinking about people who join up somewhat fleetingly. Anyway there's nothing wrong with not using the shift key. sometimes i just can't be bothered to keep up levels of grammar1

Plus, don't bash noobs. Once upon a time everyone was one!

ivanreal

Hysteria Clan Leader
I have noticed a few things noobs, stupid people, all have in common; it's as if they have their own trademarks which define them as such. Among these is

1. Chatspeak, 1337 or leetspeak (occasional use of "lul", "lawl" and "wut" do not apply)

2. Listening to Lady GaGa, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, etc. That kind of music, if you get my drift. (although this is a big exception, I've noticed a lot of them listen to it.

Now, I do not say everyone who does something of the list is a noob or a stupid individual; just that I noticed most of them are.

Do you agree? Disagree? Think I just shat brix? Well whatever, it's my 2 cents and seven worthless pennies

Talking about noobs of people that like that music makes you a noob, flame me for it idc people like differentthings just cuz you don't like it doesn't make it "noob"

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
A theory? My, you must certainly be bored if you're sitting there thinking about people who join up somewhat fleetingly. Anyway there's nothing wrong with not using the shift key. sometimes i just can't be bothered to keep up levels of grammar1

Plus, don't bash noobs. Once upon a time everyone was one!

Everyone was a newb at one point.

*raps chalkboard*

Noob, noun: An idiot who uselessly occupies space on the internet, and who refuses to learn and instead spouts garbage to everyone near until banned. Also see: Troll, spammer, idiot

Newb, noun: Someone who is new and grasping at the rules. Please help them as much as possible so they may see the light and become a valued poster.
Also see: Beginner, newbie

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
I use chatspeak every now and then

I listen to Lady GaGa, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, and that sort of music, among everything else.

I alternate back and forth between no avatar and this one. Also I have not a friend code in my sig or a trainer card in my sig

and caps sux man

Maybe I'm just an exception.

FlyingTotodile

Many totodiles can't
I use chatspeak every now and then

I listen to Lady GaGa, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, and that sort of music, among everything else.

I alternate back and forth between no avatar and this one. Also I have not a friend code in my sig or a trainer card in my sig

and caps sux man

Maybe I'm just an exception.

Then I'd say this proves that you're a newb/noob!

Yet your post count and join date suggest otherwise. intreiuging(sp)...

Unless used ironically. Which you miss.

Why is no avatar a sign of being a n00b? I rarely use avatars.

Regardless, this thread is pretty well needless. (Also, Locke is not a noob at all.)

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!

What the hell does the type of music you listen to have to do with being a noob? God, your theories are worse than Eric Cartman's.

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
anyone that takes the internet too seriously needs to get a life

dark rift

I just found a new quote to put in my sig. Congrats.

kochoupink

butts lol

Join date irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.