• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A thought about Ebay

elfinprince5

Pokemon Graphics
Me and my friends were talking the other day and we all agreed that with the Wi-FI trading people are going to start selling pokemon on Ebay. Anyone else think this? Also which version is better?

mrbadboy3

StrangerDenial<-Gfaq
How would they sell pokemon on Ebay? No That's dumb I don't think it will happen.

Shinx_the_Sphinx

Staravia Trainer
That would be like people selling NP for neopets and account for runescape.

Well, since people do the mentioned things, I thing maybe a Pokemon or too might pop-up. MAGIKARP! GET YOUR MAGIKARP! Five-dollah!

PCM

Didn't ebay amend their selling criteria so that non real items couldn't be sold?

Like video game currency/items and the like?

Didn't ebay amend their selling criteria so that non real items couldn't be sold?

Like video game currency/items and the like?

I'm not sure but people still sell Pokemon on ebay. I've seen a bunch of auctions where you send them your game and they send it back with the Pokemon.

Maybe not on ebay, but people could offer a powerful pokemon to trade for real-world money -- just hand over the money, catch a weak pokemon and trade it for the super-powerful pokemon.
Like others have mentioned, similar things happen with other online games, and in many cases such practices are banned, and with good reason.
So it's possibe, maybe even inevitable. And it opens up a whole new can-o-worms for Nintendo to deal with
Off topic sort-of, do you think the Wi-Fi system has built-in swear filters? Coz with some of the jerks that lurk on the net, the big N is gonna need them...

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
People still sell quirky things on eBay. Like what you want some guy's forehead tattoo will be for a month. If there's a rule against selling intangible items, then they won't be able to enforce it.

Alzi

Toon link
It's trading around the world it's just stupid to put a pokemon for sale on eBay since you can always get it for free with the wi-fi.

Rakurai

It's trading around the world it's just stupid to put a pokemon for sale on eBay since you can always get it for free with the wi-fi.

But of course, there's almost always someone stupid or crazy enough to buy something that's on eBay.

Hype_chao

Eevee FTW!
Of course there are rules against such items, but they always add in something like 'Buy this joke and get a free pokemon!/Neopet Moneyz!/MMO Acount!'
So they technically aren't doing nothing bad, although they are to some degree, people will always break the rules, or find ways around them.

Meh.

Helixis

Team NightSpark
I certainly won't be buying any of them. It'd just promote cloning and hacking: Arceus for Diamon and Pearl, purcases: 54

Chris

Old Coot
How would they sell pokemon on Ebay? No That's dumb I don't think it will happen.
I see you don't play MMORPGs, as people sell virtual money in exchange for real money on eBay all the time.

But of course, there's almost always someone stupid or crazy enough to buy something that's on eBay.

some one did sell an air guitar on ebay for like $3

but i see a problem with pokemon you have to trade but for most "gold" selling its just mailed with nothing needed from the buyer

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I've already seen people doing this. I've seen an action where if you win, You will send the seller your game and he will trade the bought pokemon into it.
I've also see it done another way. Some guy got a shiny Groudon and was selling it and the Ruby it was in for $90. I'm prettly sure it will happen in D/P too.

JuicyPaperclip

<!Seizure Enducing!>
honestly i wouldnbt be suprised! Ive seen like habbo hotel accounts for sale aswell as furni etc. seriously i wouldnt do it... i know itll happenb though.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Look what I just found. Click here It's kind of sad. It says
You'll get all 493 Shiny Pokémon legit and without any corruptions!
And the high bid is $155.50. This is quite sad indeed.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
And I fear that all those shinies is probably hacked....

It obvius they are hacked. It says
You can choose any Level for all your Pokémon (up to Level 100)!
Do you prefer training them all from the beginning at Level 1? (Yep! Level 1 is now possible!)
Or do you like the most powerful Level 100 ones?
Or would you prefer to have them at Level 50? Level 33? Level 60? Any level, it's up to you!
and
In our auction, the IV values of every Pokémon are perfect! All of their stats (Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed) are maxed out!
and
Ever heard of the secret areas hidden in the game? Never been able to access them because you just can't make it to a Nintendo event or accidently missed one? Well, these items aren't even available by Nintendo yet, but you can get them here, first!

Manaphy, Sheimi, Darkrai, and Aruseus! Not only will you have shiny versions of these Pokémon in your PC at the start of the game, but you can TEST YOUR SKILLS when you're ready and visit these mysterious places on your very own! That's right, this version of Pokémon Diamond gives YOU access to every point in the game! Be a TRUE Master and put your skills to the test in these elusive four secret locations!

After progressing through the game, you'll have access to all the hidden areas! These rare key items will bring you to the hidden areas:

I hate when people have aucions for hacked pokemon saying they are legit. It's just taking advantige of little kids/unsuspecting parents.