• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Three-Round Rival Battle! Aim Towards Tomorrow!! (878)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Three-Round Rival Battle! Aim Towards Tomorrow!!

Following watching Ash's Gym battle with Valerie, Scottie intends to get even better than he has ever been. However, in his excitement, he finds that he dropped his notebook. Scottie is devastated by this as he holds the notebook dearly and it contains a photo of him with the Hoenn Champion, Steven, who he respects a lot. Feeling bad for him, Ash & co. decide to help him find the notebook only to discover that Team Rocket have found it. Afterwards, Scottie challenges Ash to a rematch from their previous battle, but things get even more tense when something happens to Treecko...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain America X

But what was the result of the match?

Oh,Shota lost all his matches?Fantastic.Well sad for him but great for Ash.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I feel bad that Scottie lost his 3V3 battle against Ash, with all of his Pokemon losing.
I feel bad too, but it makes since Scottie has 1 badge while Ash has 6. However, now I'm wondering if this is hinting at Scottie becoming the Kalos League's equivalent to Cameron

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Poor Shota, he still did well with Grovyle though :(

That stare between Grovyle & Frogadier gave me chills. Rivalry confirmed.

Captain America X

I feel bad too, but it makes since Scottie has 1 badge while Ash has 6. However, now I'm wondering if this hinting at Scottie becoming the Kalos League's equivalent to Cameron

Shota beating Ash eventhough the experience gap is that big in the league would probably make that one of Ash's worst league loses.

ssquaderi

The episode starts with Ash and co. walking over a bridge, Scottie trips over and falls to the ground, dropping his notebook, he gets up and put the notebook in his front pocket, as he continues walking, the notebook falls on the bridge.
Soon Team Rocket walk over the bridge and find the notebook, Meowth flips through the pages and Jessie fangirls over seeing Steven and has a fantasy of marrying him
Back with the gang, they are ready to have lunch, Scottie has a bite and goes crazy at how great the food is, he then starts talking and suddenly realises that his notebook is not with him, he then starts being upset and talks about how he got the notebook during his travels when he got Treecko from Prof. Birch and battles and wins against Taillow, he then flashes back to meeting Steven. he remembers it falling when he was on the bridge.
The gang go back to the bridge and have a montage of looking for the notebook.
They all meet together and say no one found it, Clemont then asks Scottie if he has any Pokemon that can track his notebook,he sends out Slurpuff which licks Pickachu, Dedenne and Bonnie, it then runs off smelling the notebook, it finds Team Rocket who are fantasising about Steven, it takes the notebook with its tongue and brings it back to Scottie, Team Rocket run after Slurpuff and meet Ash and co.

Dare da? Treecko

Team Rocket send out Pumpkaboo and Inkay and lose the battle and get blasted off
Scottie then looks at his notebook and feels releived
Serena goes to a place nearby and watches TV, she sees the performance show's host talking about an upcoming showcase in another town, Serena shows this in excitement to her Pokemon and tells Ash and co. thats where they are going next.
Scottie decides he wants to battle Ash again, this time a 3vs3 where all battles are one-on-one.

The battle begins.
Ash sends out Pikachu, and Scottie sends out Bagon. Bagon uses sth which looks like Hurricane and Pikachu uses Electro Ball, Bagon and Pikachu then collide in the air, where Bagon uses Dragon Claw and Pikachu uses Iron Tail, Pikachu hits first and sends Bagon towards the ground. Pikachu wins. Ash 1 - 0 Scottie.

Scottie sends out Slurpuff, Ash sends out Hawlucha, Hawlucha easily wins the battle in quick time and Ash 2 - 0 Scottie, Ash decides he should let Scottie use his 3rd Pokemon.

Ash sends out Frogadier, and Scottie sends out Treecko. Frogadier uses cut and aerial ace consistently, this wears Treecko out, who gets mad, in its rage, it evolves. Upon evolving, Grovyle learns Leaf Blade. Grovyle then tries to attack Frogadier, but Frogadier is too fast and moves like a ninja with Double Team to avoid all the attacks, Frogadier then moves fast towards with Grovyle with Cut, while Grovyle uses Leaf Blade, When Grovyle is about to hit, Frogadier disappears and ccmes behind him but Grovyle jumps very high and uses Bullet Seed on Frogadier which hits and creates smoke, Grovyle then goes towards the weak Frogadier with Leaf Blade and pulls through with the same animation Sceptile finished Darkrai.

But....Frogadier has jumped and the attack misses, Frogadier uses Water Pulse and finishes Grovyle off...

After the battle Grovyle and Frogadier stare at each other indicating a big rivalry.
Scotties says goodbye to the Group and heads off

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
That stare between Grovyle & Frogadier gave me chills. Rivalry confirmed.

That's true, even Ash and the others mentioned it as well. So, i wouldn't be surprised if we had a (Mega) Sceptile vs. Greninja, being one of the main battles of the Kalos League.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Shota beating Ash eventhough the experience gap is that big in the league would probably make that one of Ash's worst league loses.

Yeah,it would suck.It would be great if Shota puts up a good fight but loses and accepts that he still has a long way to go.That is the acceptable outcome for me.

That's true, even Ash and the others mentioned it as well. So, i wouldn't be surprised if we had a (Mega) Sceptile vs. ( Mega) Greninja, being one of the main battles of the Kalos League.

Fixed it^__^

Captain America X

Yeah,it would suck.It would be great if Shota puts up a good fight but loses and accepts that he still has a long way to go.That is the acceptable outcome for me.

Yeah like Shota managing to take down most of Ash's pokemon but in the end losing the final match showing how much of an improvement from the time he lost all his pokemon to Ash.

ssquaderi

I hope Ash doesnt lose to Shota, I hope they face off in the Preliminaries where its 1vs1 and its Greninja vs (Mega) Sceptile, Ash better win that battle, if he does, he'll become famous, the announcer will say all trainers using Megas won their battles except for 1...thats if its a Mega :p

Yuraenia

Call me Qooky :)
I really liked this episode, and honestly, I half-expected the battle to go the way it did. Though the first two rounds went way faster than I thought, it was realistic, considering the difference in experience between the two trainers. It's a good set-up. What I DON'T want happening is Shouta winning against Satoshi in the inevitable League battle. Maybe put up a good fight but the final battle should has Satoshi winning.

Akashin

This. Rather than being a new Cameron or anything like that, I feel like Shota is the anime equivalent of Wally in the same way Paul was to Silver.

Captain America X

This. Rather than being a new Cameron or anything like that, I feel like Shota is the anime equivalent of Wally in the same way Paul was to Silver.

Agreed he seems more like the type of rival who at the start would get demolished by his opponent and then in their final battle he would still lose but his growth from when he first lost would be very impressive.

p96822

Evolve me please
Shota learn one thing, don't take your eyes off of the battle or a flying lucha hawk will knock out your fairy

nuzamaki90

Jesus Christ that battle was hard to watch. I don't like seeing newbies getting so devastated in such a short time.

And I guess Sceptile VS Greninja is the first battle to look forward to at the League

Agreed he seems more like the type of rival who at the start would get demolished by his opponent and then in their final battle he would still lose but his growth from when he first lost would be very impressive.

Ash found his Wally

Captain America X

I just watched the battles and damn Pikachu and Hawlucha pretty much stomped their opponents.Frogadier did a fine job and only took one Bullet seed throughout the whole match which was awesome.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Is Steven still the same Steven? Team Rocket clearly doesn't remember being blasted off by him, Ash actually knows who he is but he didn't mention that he already met him, or anything (they probably want to "re-introduce" him in the main anime)

Hard to judge :/