• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Tiny Trio on a Big Adventure!! (959)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
NOOOOOO!!!! Why would you bring blasting off back :( :( :(.....damn you writers, damn you!!

Janovy

Banned
NOOOOOO!!!! Why would you bring blasting off back :( :( :(.....damn you writers, damn you!!
I think it works good that way, if they make the blast-offs rare and alternate between the two.

DatsRight

My favorite thing about this episode is how all of the protagonists' Pokémon contributed in some way to keep the plot moving, except for that thing on Mallow's shoulder that started the whole issue in the first place, of course.

They almost look like they're making a point that Mallow's team can't contribute besides making things worse or forcing others into the episode's mess. Notice they don't even bother drawing Bounsweet in some shots, they consider her that dispensable besides that plot point. (You almost feel sorry for Ash with his "Wait, what did I do???" reaction when Lana gets antsy with him and ONLY him :p).

I do hope they go somewhere with it and give them some freaking development at last, though this hierarchy does tend to be a pattern with Tomoika written episodes. This is also the only episode Rowlet looked like an actual full on bumbling loser Pokemon we often see in his series and of course TR returning to formula.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
They almost look like they're making a point that Mallow's team can't contribute besides making things worse or forcing others into the episode's mess. Notice they don't even bother drawing Bounsweet in some shots, they consider her that dispensable besides that plot point.

I do hope they go somewhere with it, though this hierarchy does tend to be a pattern with Tomoika written episodes. This is also the only episode Rowlet looked like an actual full on bumbling loser Pokemon we often see in his series and of course TR returning to formula.

Bounsweet was smiling as Mallow was chasing Ash and Lana, further proving she is the SM player character incarnate.

DatsRight

I think it works good that way, if they make the blast-offs rare and alternate between the two.

I'd like this to be an 'anything goes' series for TR. For once I'd just like them to be versatile and unpredictable, they can bumbling idiots blasting off one minute, or secretly deadly and underhanded the next. Not forcing them to blasted off every episode helps (it'd be cool if they actually started to utilise Bewear's talent as an escape vehicle of sorts, like their BW jet packs, of course unlike those, it wouldn't ALWAYS work the way they want).

The series has already got the right idea in terms of their appearances, which tend to be random and better thought out rather than 'Oh, here we go....' like it was for DP and XY.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I'd like this to be an 'anything goes' series for TR. For once I'd just like them to be versatile and unpredictable, they can bumbling idiots blasting off one minute, or secretly deadly and underhanded the next. Not forcing them to blasted off every episode helps (it'd be cool if they actually started to utilise Bewear's talent as an escape vehicle of sorts, like their BW jet packs, of course unlike those, it wouldn't ALWAYS work the way they want).

The series has already got the right idea in terms of their appearances, which tend to be random and better thought out rather than 'Oh, here we go....' like it was for DP and XY.
I also like how Team Rocket already started working on turning their hideout into their official secret base in this episode.

DatsRight

I also like how Team Rocket already started working on turning their hideout into their official secret base in this episode.

I can't wait to see some 'cliche evil secret lair' antics with TR. XD

Bewear seems to be fine with TR implementing satellites and other gadgetry in it's little cave in exchange for huggies. :p

Another thing cool about this series, they have a dynamic plot. There's interest in seeing how they'll progress next episode.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
This is also the only episode Rowlet looked like an actual full on bumbling loser Pokemon we often see in his series
I wouldn't say Rowlet was depicted as any more of a "loser" than normal. All of its usual quirks (falling asleep at random, misunderstanding instructions, panicking when surprised) were present, just in larger doses as it was heavily featured in the episode. And even then I wouldn't call it bumbling as much as ditzy, which is what the Rowlet line is known for.

Basically the episode showcased the personalities described on the pokemon website and the dex entries for the starters.

Rowlet: A skilled fighter but ditzy and a bit birdbrained.
Popplio: Cheerful but with a serious work ethic.
Litten: Stoic and slow to trust others.

DatsRight

I meant more in lines with other comic relief like Oshawott and Chespin, being considered a laughing stock with the others that constantly deserves a good smack around the head (even if it doesn't work as well because as you mentioned Rowlet is more dizzy and panicked through reasonable circumstances than obnoxious).

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The staff sure is taking Pokedex entries to heart this generation... that attention to detail feels pretty refreshing
It helps that rather than just a couple lines from the pokedex the game makers gave them whole articles to base a lot of their behavior on. I don't think any gen before this has had so much detailed information come out like what they did with the entries on the Sun/Moon website. Its just too bad that they only put out that extra info for the pokemon they revealed before the games came out, leaving ones like Araquanid with just their dex entries.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
It helps that rather than just a couple lines from the pokedex the game makers gave them whole articles to base a lot of their behavior on. I don't think any gen before this has had so much detailed information come out like what they did with the entries on the Sun/Moon website. Its just too bad that they only put out that extra info for the pokemon they revealed before the games came out, leaving ones like Araquanid with just their dex entries.

I also really enjoyed the new dex entries for the older pokemon on that note. The entries were just all in all more descriptive it seemed, imo. I was sad when some of my favorite pokemon didnt get new dex entries when all the new extries were so good! A lot of them had to do with actual behavior in the wild and feeding and what not. Things you didn't think too much about pokemon as much as the battling with trainers.

This litten and meowth rivalry shown here really makes me excited for the debut of Alolan Meowth. or when Meowth finally meets an Alolan Persian also. Those will be such good episodes, I wonder what they're waiting for with those.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I hope we find out the gender of all the Pokémon like we did with Togedemaru. Please let one of the starter Pokémon confirmed a girl. Don't be Kanto & Sinnoh where they were all boys.

Dear lord, the reaction shots this episode.

As someone who collects "quality animation" screenshots on their camera roll, I had a field day today.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm not sure if this is legit or not but one of the girls(I think Mao) called Litten a weird little guy or something to that effect in the subs I watched but that could just be bad translation. Does anybody know for sure?? It was right after everybody reunited and Litten ran away I think.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I'm not sure if this is legit or not but one of the girls(I think Mao) called Litten a weird little guys or something to that effect in the subs I watched but that could just be bad translation. Does anybody know for sure?? It was right after everybody reunited and Litten ran away I think.

Mallow said, "Nanda ga fushigi na ko ne," which more or less translates to "What a mysterious little one."

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
lol seriously what happened to the move peck. it went from a beak glowing white (bw, xy) to looking like freaking double edge (sm).

lol seriously what happened to the move peck. it went from a beak glowing white (bw, xy) to looking like freaking double edge (sm).

Clearly Rowlet is just one large beak.

Part of me just loves how TR is happy that they're finally blasting off, and it just about worked. That's so cute! I feel like TR is achieving a lot this time, which is fascinating to see - how will it affect the series?

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Well that has to be one of the most awfully animated/presented episode of Pokemon to date. There was a solid 20 seconds of just slideshows and everything felt a bit too choppy, especially the expressive bubbles from the Pokemon. I guess if it's just a one time thing and there just wasn't enough time then I'll let it slide, but this better not be a consistent thing. Other than that a decent episode with not much going on. I guess we got to see Popplio and Litten's personality, so that's something.