• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Tiny Trio on a Big Adventure!! (959)

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
everything felt a bit too choppy, especially the expressive bubbles from the Pokemon.
You mean the image bubbles that would appear when the pokemon were talking to each other? I'm pretty sure that was all intentional. The anime has for a long time used different "cute" styles to showcase such things and to illustrate how pokemon think/see things rather differently from humans.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Yeah I really enjoyed the highly detailed images of what the Pokémon were thinking. It looked like a child drew it but was also lovely.

Janovy

Banned
Well that has to be one of the most awfully animated/presented episode of Pokemon to date.
You people have to stop confusing art and animation.

The animation was just fine.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Well that has to be one of the most awfully animated/presented episode of Pokemon to date. There was a solid 20 seconds of just slideshows and everything felt a bit too choppy, especially the expressive bubbles from the Pokemon. I guess if it's just a one time thing and there just wasn't enough time then I'll let it slide, but this better not be a consistent thing. Other than that a decent episode with not much going on. I guess we got to see Popplio and Litten's personality, so that's something.

No, this was all intentional. They wouldn't have brought on so many good animators if this was a throwaway episode.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

Three Idiots Poke Edition

Pros:

* Unique personalities of Popplio/Rowlet/Litten

* All the Pokemon banter - there needs to be more episodes like this one

* Facial expressions

* Starter mon teamwork

Cons:

(none)

Thoughts:

* That bubble defied all laws of physics

Litten and Old Man Stoutland reappearing prevented this episode from being filler, but nonetheless, it was pretty entertaining.

7/10

Last ten episodes ratings: 4/7/7.5/8/9/3.5/4/4/7/7.5
Average of episodes 1-10: 6.6/10

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Riding in an air bubble would be more fun than an underwater one but with even worse downsides. Unless the rider had wings but then they would not need the bubble!

Communication through thought bubbles, I am ok with this.

Vipsoccermaster

This episode finally aired for English. Really enjoyed this filler episode. Loved the personalities and the teamwork that the Alola Starters have. Pokémon communicating through thought bubbles was clever, it gets the job done. Don't know if it's better or worse than EP17 (the 17th episode of the first season). Lana in this episode is extremely protective of Popplio, and she's serious about it! Completely understandable for Lana because Popplio is her only Pokémon. The blame all goes to Bounsweet, used as a plot device for the episode.

One of my favorite filler episodes. And this is one of these episodes where not everyone on the main cast appear at all. Lillie, Kiawe, and Sophocles don't appear at all.

It was kind of contradictory that Lana says balloon bubbles won't work for humans, yet it did for Team Rocket at the end. And yay, Team Rocket finally blasted off for the first time in this series! "We're blasting off again!"

Vipsoccermaster

The real downer is that Lana's shift in attitude lasted 20 seconds. That's it. By the rest of the episode, she went back to her usual calm self.

I wanted her to boss them around.
Hence Mallow saying whenever it involves about Popplio being separated, "it's like her mind switched gears!" and then back to normal at the end. Kind of like a small Nintendo Switch reference. If Lana bossed Ash and Mallow around (Ash especially), it probably wouldn't look good for her own reputation. Sort of glad that Lana was able to keep control about herself after the beginning.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Popplio's so cringy to listen to when it is repeatedly speaking out, in the dub anyways. Some parts were fine, but when its shouting out fast it is annoying as heck.
TRio and Litten were the best parts of this episode.
6/10

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
I’d skipped all of TR’s scenes when I saw this one in Japanese, so now that I’ve seen them, I can say at least they were somewhat important. Though now I see this is the episode where they made those faces that became a meme. God, they’re hideous. First time I’ve ever not liked an over-the-top SM reaction face.

Damn it all, I wish that unnecessary narration over the Stoutland scene was cut out. The JP version has disrespect for humanity’s ability to remember (as well as tons of other things, but still), so I wish the dub would quit inheriting such nonsense, as it makes it look as though it has the same disrespect.

So that annoying-as-**** theme that sounds like a bunch of wild animals aimlessly striking instruments (I'm talking about that noise that played over Popplio and the others floating away) got replaced. Excellent. It’s definitely the funniest bit of dub music thus far. Nothing else to note music-wise.

Average episode overall.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is it me, or does it sound like Popplio got a new VA mid-episode? After watching it several times, it sounds like Popplio switched VAs either during or after the scene at Team Rocket's secret base,

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
While I love this episode overall, I never realized how much I dislike Popplio's dub voice. I think the problem is it actually says its name while Rowlet and Litten actually make animal sounds, and it's just very distracting to me. Especially since, for some reason, I didn't think Popplio was actually saying its name, I thought it was yipping like a small dog.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Damn it all, I wish that unnecessary narration over the Stoutland scene was cut out. The JP version has disrespect for humanity’s ability to remember (as well as tons of other things, but still), so I wish the dub would quit inheriting such nonsense, as it makes it look as though it has the same disrespect.
Or perhaps that narration was meant to fill in audience members who may not have seen SM07. The dub probably kept that narration in for the same reason. It's not uncommon for a children's show to do that (and I'm not just referring to Japanese cartoons; American cartoons do the same thing).

Spyro39

You're kidding me right? I can't even tell if you're trying to pass this off as a fact. Do you honestly think the JP version made that narration because they treat their audience like they're incapable of remembering past episodes? Other anime and cartoons have done this too, not just this one. It's one thing to dislike the JP version, but don't make up ridiculous claims about what they do and why they do it.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
You're kidding me right? I can't even tell if you're trying to pass this off as a fact. Do you honestly think the JP version made that narration because they treat their audience like they're incapable of remembering past episodes? Other anime and cartoons have done this too, not just this one. It's one thing to dislike the JP version, but don't make up ridiculous claims about what they do and why they do it.

Of course I'm not trying to pass that off as fact. It's just more of me raking the JP version across the coals. And by the way, except for just a few isolated cases, I don't like it when any show, no matter the country of origin, does it.

Oh, and tell that "don't make up ridiculous claims" part to the people going around perpetuating that nonsense that TPCi replaces the show's soundtrack only for money (among other BS they'd made up about 4kids/TPCi).

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Of course I'm not trying to pass that off as fact. It's just more of me raking the JP version across the coals. And by the way, except for just a few isolated cases, I don't like it when any show, no matter the country of origin, does it.

Oh, and tell that "don't make up ridiculous claims" part to the people going around perpetuating that nonsense that TPCi replaces the show's soundtrack only for money (among other BS they'd made up about 4kids/TPCi).
Why do they replace the soundtrack, then? JASRAC card incoming...

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
YES! THEY FINALLY BLASTED OFF!! omg