• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Tiny Trio on a Big Adventure!! (959)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Tiny Trio on a Big Adventure!!

While Ash & Co. are playing on the beach, Popplio is making a bubble, but a gust of wind pushes Popplio and Rowlet into the bubble and they float away. When they land, they encounter the Litten that wanders around Melemele Island. It decides to take Popplio and Rowlet back to Ash, but Team Rocket soon arrive with plans of their own for Litten. Will they return to their trainers?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
The art style is going to be weird coming off the back of the movie trailer but meh, hopefully it will be a fun watch if it's filler/non-essential.

Janovy

Banned
The art style is going to be weird coming off the back of the movie trailer but meh, hopefully it will be a fun watch if it's filler/non-essential.
It is obvious they said 'f*ck it' and poured all of their money into the movie leaving a minimal amount for the actual anime.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Ash Mallow and Lana with the best faces so far.

I can see it now...the dubs going to completly fill this with elevator music.

So Meowth isn't translating and they've instead elected to just have 'speech bubbles' so to speak.

Last edited:

Holy157

What the hell. The starters have been absolutely hillarious, between them just talking to each other, Rowlet doing Rowlet things and Popplio bouncing Rowlet while being adorable.

I do like the way they have the Pokemon talk with each other.

But, we got the Narrator again after the break. Isn't that like unusual?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
holy crap TR actually blasted off

Holy157

Those TRio expressions, kill me. It took them 16 episodes to get it done, but it was worth the wait.

Wait, they got caught. Suppose we can't have TRio be flattened this early.

Janovy

Banned
I'm just happy Popplio has an actual personality.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
That was a really enjoyable filler episode. I'm loving the fact that Popplio and Rowlet are taking a shine to Nyabby and vice versa despite Litten's distrust of humans.

The humans were really enjoyable as well, despite not being the primary focus (aside TR).

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
So now only Bounsweet needs a actual character now and were good

Sophocles as well because SM006 was weak but hopefully SM018 goes into Bounsweet's character more.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Really adorable and funny filler episode this week. SM breathes life into the Pokemon so excellently I’m always impressed by it. Popplio went from kinda generic too totally on point with its personality and how it served as the straight man to Rowlett’s off the wall insanity. The facial expressions, comedic timing and emotions was all really good, I did get a laugh from quite a few moments.

We also got to see other character traits for Litten then just standoffish and cold to see that it in fact does care about his fellow Pokemon deep down. The framing at the end really sets up how much of a future powerhouse it’ll be too Ash one day and that’s a day I’m definitely looking forward to.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Popplio's character really took off here. She was annoyed with Rowlet being asleep half the time, admired Litten for his courage and bravery, and tried to stay positive throughout the whole ordeal.

Speaking of which, I liked how Ash and Lana were parallels to their missing partners, with Lana dragging Ash off in a hurry, while the same was done with Popplio to Rowlet. And while it was just a little, I think Litten is growing to trust Ash just a bit more.

As many have said, this was a fun episode. I just wish Rowlet could've learned a new move or something...

Janovy

Banned
I like how Ash asked Litten how Stoutland is doing. Litten seemed surprise that Ash would care.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Popplio's personality was one thing that was really adorable in this episode, it's interactions with Rowlet especially. Litten's competence in battles was once again proved after SM007- easily bested Mareaine and Meowth. And the interactions between the three starters was good as expected. Stoutland's appearance was a bit insignificant though. Damn, Litten is cunning, it tricked and fooled Team Rocket very well! And yes, Team Rocket finally was sent blasting off and disappeared in a twinkle(though they were later caught by Bewear. And look at the way Ash and Litten exchanged looks at the end of the episode- Ash catching Litten in even more evident now! Nice episode- 8/10.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I like how Ash asked Litten how Stoutland is doing. Litten seemed surprise that Ash would care.

Would have been something else had Stoutland died earlier in the episode.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Would have been something else had Stoutland died earlier in the episode.

Why do you guys want Stoutland to die!? It will be really heartbreaking! Can't the Stoutland situation be handled some other way?