• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Tiny Trio on a Big Adventure!! (959)

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Why do you guys want Stoutland to die!? It will be really heartbreaking! Can't the Stoutland situation be handled some other way?

No, I mean it would have been black humour for Ash to ask if Stoutland's doing fine when it died in front of Litten earlier.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
No, I mean it would have been black humour for Ash to ask if Stoutland's doing fine when it died in front of Litten earlier.

I hope that Stoutland doesn't die and situation is handled some other way like Kukui taking Stoutland under its care after Ash catches Litten. It's death would lead to a emotional phase between Ash and Litten, and truly speaking, that kind of a situation won't really suit the comedic atmosphere of SM, it suited XY/XYZ well.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
What a nice start to begin with our favorite fishing goddess!

-That's a pretty cool trick Popplio has. Even Mao chan is impressed.

-Awww Ash mentioned her dream and Lana blushed! <3

-BWHAHAHAHA!!!! Bounsweet you devil! :D I'm starting to really see a ship forming between the bird and the fruit. It made a cute sneeze.

-Everyone's horrified faces!!! O_O;; So expressive and detailed

-Lana is scary, she's really protective over her Popplio. I'm a bit surprised no one blamed Bounsweet. I love that Mao chan is holding Ash's backpack.

-THE HECK ARE THOSE HIGHLY ANIMATED CREATIVE DRAWINGS?! Loving these visual cues!

-Aww they're bowing desperately. So cute, Popplio doesn't want to cause any trouble and it has to deal with the featherhead.

-Team Rocket's first blast off!! Mimikyu is just watching he madness happening in front of its eyes. It looks perplexed at what's going on

-Well that didn't go well... they ain't escaping Bewear's mighty body hold!

-It's strange watching a Pokémon command a Pokémon. ^^; Litten to the rescue!!! :)

-I like that Prof Kukui is in that thought bubble. These interactions and visuals are too great! :D

-What a great combination between them!! Did Litten talk about its hard life that Meowth can relate to?

-Awww!!! Ash asked if Stoutland is okay.

I really enjoyed this episode. Nothing much really happened but I appreciated that Ash and his friends didn't have to save them from Team Rocket. It's sweet that Popplio admires Litten and how Popplio got really annoyed at Rowlet in this episode! I loved seeing the old Stoutland again and Lana & Bounsweet got some screentime. I feel like this episode is meant to establish the Pokémon's relationships with each other so this was a bonding episode.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
cute filler episode, happy to see interactions between the starters and ash concerned about stoutland and lana pulling ash along

team rocket finally blasted off! also lmao, the shot of TRio looking like they came from jojo's bizarre adventure was priceless.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Wow, the way this episode started was a classic example of the butterfly effect. I couldn't help but laugh the entire time

nickdt

Did the episode foreshadow Ash would eventually end up with Popplio as well. Looked like it.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
It is obvious they said 'f*ck it' and poured all of their money into the movie leaving a minimal amount for the actual anime.
I wouldn't say that has anything to do with it. Art style and animation quality are two different things. The Sun/Moon anime has a different art style but the animation quality is as good in general as its ever been.

<><><>

One funny thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that the first thing Rowlet does when it realizes the situation its in is tell Popplio how when they get found Ash will be happy and cuddle with it while Popplio will get scolded!

Janovy

Banned
I wouldn't say that has anything to do with it. Art style and animation quality are two different things. The Sun/Moon anime has a different art style but the animation quality is as good in general as its ever been.
Well I was mostly joking :D

The fact that Sun and Moon anime utilizes a simpler art style does make for good animation but it also means less money to be spent on said art, meaning that money can be invested in something else (like this movie, especially since it marks the 20th anniversary and they wanna go all out).

I do think that the new art style is mostly there for animation purposes, but the cynic in me tells me it's also because it seems cheaper somehow. Maybe I'm wrong. :D

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Did the episode foreshadow Ash would eventually end up with Popplio as well. Looked like it.

How? Besides, Lana has a bubble dream, so Popplio has to remain with her, it can't go to anyone else.

PokeMaster366

Well I was mostly joking :D

The fact that Sun and Moon anime utilizes a simpler art style does make for good animation but it also means less money to be spent on said art, meaning that money can be invested in something else (like this movie, especially since it marks the 20th anniversary and they wanna go all out).

I do think that the new art style is mostly there for animation purposes, but the cynic in me tells me it's also because it seems cheaper somehow. Maybe I'm wrong. :D

Who knows, for all we know, the new art style might be there for both reasons. At any rate, it still works out in our favor.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
HOLY ARCEUS, TEAM ROCKET ACTUALLY BLASTED OFF! Even if they were blasted right in Bewear's arms, they still blasted off--and they looked so happy about it!

I love how much character the starter Pokémon had in this episode! It was great to see Popplio's personality; it hadn't really done much up until this point (except clap its fins, bark, and otherwise just seem happy), but it really shone in this episode as the straight man to Rowlet's insane man--the one who mostly stayed calm and rational while Rowlet was panicking. It also proved that it can battle (and it ain't too shabby, either). Even Rowlet joined in in kicking Team Rocket's butt, even though it was tied up!

Litten's intervening to save Rowlet and Popplio showed that it really does care about its fellow Pokémon, even if it's cold toward humans. And it brilliantly pulled a fast one on Team Rocket. I hope it retains that cunning and intelligence once it joins Ash's team; it would certainly be a great foil to Rowlet's bumbling airheadedness.

And I was wrong about one thing. I thought Litten would disappear into the shadows once Rowlet and Popplio reunited with Ash and Lana, and Ash and Litten wouldn't actually meet; but I'm glad I was wrong about that. I liked how Litten was wary when Ash approached it (as though it thought he might attempt to catch it), but then was completely taken aback when Ash asked if Stoutland was doing well.

Speaking of the old Stoutland... I love its relationship with Litten--how it takes on a mentor role, but also an almost parental role. I like that it was Stoutland who told Litten to lead Rowlet and Popplio back to their Trainers, and that Litten eventually gave in and relented, despite its initial reluctance. I think I might just cry if the old dog dies (even though I have a bad feeling that's what might happen to it).

Also, Ash, you moron, why didn't you use your rock puppy to sniff out Rowlet and Popplio in the first place? And Rockruff, why didn't you suggest that to your Trainer to start, rather than letting him run all over the city? For that matter, Pikachu, what were you doing?

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I thought Rockruff's sense of smell was off so it kept taking them to different areas that had a familiar scent to Rowlet and Popplio but didn't quite track them down until they were nearby.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I thought Rockruff's sense of smell was off so it kept taking them to different areas that had a familiar scent to Rowlet and Popplio but didn't quite track them down until they were nearby.

No, apparently it didn't occur to Ash to use his dog to sniff out Rowlet and Popplio until Rockruff itself picked up on a scent and Rotomdex mentioned Rockruff has a strong sense of smell. Then Rockruff followed Rowlet and Popplio's scents to the places where they had been. It appears Rockruff heard Rowlet, Popplio, and Litten scream when they were caught in the net (SM15 proved Rockruff has a very good sense of hearing).

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The only way I can see this happening is if they do something similar to Rockruff where Ash helps with Popplio's training to make a strong enough balloon. Then, with Lana's dream fulfilled, she'll decide to give Popplio to Ash because she thinks he'll be able to unlock its full potential or something. I personally don't want this scenario to come true, but that's the most likely way I can see it happening.

No, apparently it didn't occur to Ash to use his dog to sniff out Rowlet and Popplio until Rockruff itself picked up on a scent and Rotomdex mentioned Rockruff has a strong sense of smell. Then Rockruff followed Rowlet and Popplio's scents to the places where they had been. It appears Rockruff heard Rowlet, Popplio, and Litten scream when they were caught in the net (SM15 proved Rockruff has a very good sense of hearing).
I'm excusing Ash for forgetting something like that this one time since I think Rockruff is his first dog pokémon. Plus, in the past, he would normally use Flying types such as Pidgeotto, Swellow, Talonflame, etc. to find missing pokémon.

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Starters were so cute. TR blasted off... but caught by Bewear lol.
I bet in next Litten episode.. Ash will catch it.I'd say episode 21/22.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Really love how Suiren and Ashimari are casually improving in their balloons, they were far more durable this episode. Ashimari was absolutely onpoint in its characterization along with Mukuroh and Nyabby, S&M actually taking time to let us see the Pokemon's thoughts and feelings and their relationships among other trainers and Pokemon makes me really happy. It's a small detail but pretty vital at the same time.