• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Trainer and Child Reunion (567)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Elite Four Aaron! Forest of Seperate Encounters!

On their way to Hearthome City, Ash & Co. meet up with Aaron, one of the Elite Four of Sinnoh. When they meet up with him, they see Aaron is training both himself and his bug Pokémon. However, he is in the area since he's looking for a Wurmple he let go. Ash & Co. offer to help, however Team Rocket are in the area trying to steal some Pokémon. Can Ash & Co. find the Wurmple?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

magicallypuzzled

spoilers

spoiler

spoilers

that wurmple was too forgiving i think i mean sure it looks like aaron was sorry and had been hurt badly prior to taking off and leaving it. but still he took off and abandoned that wrumple there should of been atleast a little begging for forgiveness.

and yeah team rocket doesn't beat aaron (the scene where team rocket attacks aaron isn't even there comanding his pokemon vespiqueen got hurt alittle by a wide area attack and drapion looked over at in concern while seviper took advantage of that) though this episode, well it doesn't do the best job of showing him to be assertive and competent like the best trainers should be. still he's a master of the bug types and since thats by far my favorite type he's got to be my favorite elite four too.

Dax

Legend
This episode was ridiculously boring. The plot was absolutely bland, Aaron was super boring and the animation was horrible.

The only thing I liked was Ledian appearing and the battle between Team Rocket and the gang.

TeddiUrsa

I liked the backstory about Aaron and his Waumpel. The same thing happened almost to Hikari when she released Pachirisu, but unlike Aaron, she got it back immediately. Poor Aaron...his character was not that bad. I like him and it sucks that he got stuck with bad animation. The next episode will be a Kinoshita one, so his battle against Cynthia will be, once again, bad animated.
Too bad, really, because the animation made his pokemon look like semi-powerful pokemon. NO force or power behind their attacks, just bland stills. But it wasn´t the animation alone. I don´t get why Beequeen and Drapion looked and acted so weak in this episode. He is supposed to be a Elite 4 member, but he seemed like a bug loving random guy... :/

I also liked the flashback to Caterpie/Butterfree. The goodbye scene looked nice, and that in a Takeda episode ^^

EDIT: I forgot the honey-tree scene. Like the digging underground concept, the honey trees from the games were kinda featured in this episode by Team Rocket. And they found Gonbe that way. Kinda ironically because it is hard as hell to find one in the trees. Reminded me of the Whiscash episode when Jessie kept bumbing into Feebas.
When was the last time weve seen Beedrill?

Last edited:
Now don't exaggerate Dax. It wasn't that bad... Okay, the animation was bad cause of Takeda but we were already prepared for it.

Aaron was kinda nice and the plot was good, despite it being predictable. TR had some funny scenes in there as well. The traditional sucker-mecha made its return, yay I guess.

As Teddi pointed out, Aaron and his pokes seemed to be weak, but let's put the blame on Takeda once again ^^.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Interesting...they used the capella version of Spurt! from Movie 9 in this.

A random Spear attack was clearly inevitible in an episode about bug Pokemon. And it truly has been a while. I was starting to miss those cones-for-hands wasps being jerks just for the hell of it. Also, 99 episodes into DP and we finally get some proper Kricketot screentime...if you count 1.5 seconds, anyways.

The pink Butterfree wasn't considered shining because it was before shining Pokemon were officially incorporated into the franchise. But now that we've seen it via a flashback in this post-shining world, is it officially shining now?
...I'm kidding, idiots.

While somewhat generic for an episode featuring an E4 member, I admire actually giving one of these elites some history instead of merely depicting them as being no deeper than "Top Trainer" and having Ash want to battle them. The TR bits proved that just because someone is part of the E4 doesn't mean they're totally infallible, either (in spite of Aaron having Ash's Super Mario jumping abilities). In the speculation thread, many of us called an evolved Wurmple coming out of nowhere to save the day after all these years to be the most predictable thing ever, and of course it happened. It didn't kill the episode, though, and seeing Vespiquen actually do something productive was nice.

Crystal Clair

After watching this episode, I think there's a exaggeration of Takeda's bad animation. Seriously, the animation was pretty normal, even if it was nothing fancy. IMO he's just about as good as what most people think Shimura is.

Ryou's cute and stuff. Not really crush-worthy though but worthy of collecting 640x480 screenshots of him.
but this episode wasn't that great.

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder if we'll actually see Aaron fight Cynthia? That'd be nice, but kinda one-sided.

ShadowDragon16

Now caterpie/Butterfree has been mentioned twice in this season, could we be seeing butterfree again soon?

kpt25

Steel type trainer
i liked that they gave some kind of backstory to Aaron...it was pretty obvious that the Wurmple he once dumped for being weak was going to come back and make the save,it was a matter of knowing if as Beautifly ot Dustox(as he has both in DP,which will be the team he will probably use against Cynthia)
It's a shame Turtwig's evolution has been spoiled(like Gligar's)in the preview,they should stop doing that,it kills the "surprise"

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Whoa, Team Rocket totally DESTROYED Aaron's Pokemon. I mean, seriously, Skorupi, Pikachu, and Pochamma were pretty freaked out when Seviper ripped Drapion apart and then ****** on it's dead corpse. And don't even get me started on Carnivine raping the dead Vespiquen with a snarling "kippa" as Team Rocket laughed and laughed.

Wait...no, they hit them once and sent them flying a few feet back. :(
But c'mon, it would've been cooler if that happened, right?

But yeah, this episode seems pretty bland, even if it is different for an E4 episode.

EDIT: But hey, Kricketot was in this. Sadly, no sign of fellow underloved bugs Parasect and Pinsir.

Last edited:

magicallypuzzled

well one of my too wishes was answered in the episode so all in i thought this was a very interesting episode a pity i didn't understand what they were saying but all in all a different way of showing an elite four member and more fluff about the world of pokemon outside of battling that i didn't know before.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Not that good an ep, but it was ok. In all seriousness you could have put a filler character in Aaron's place, and most of the ep aside from the very beginning with the autographs would have turned out exactly the same.

Seeing Beautifly belonging to another character just felt wrong. Is this the first time we've seen another Beautifly other than May's?

HoennMaster

It was the first time since May got her's. But Janet from the Rustboro contest has one.

I bet this means Aaron uses Beautifly against Cynthia. I can't wait for the episodes pics. Since Lucario wasn't able to post this morning I don't have many details on the episode.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Seeing Beautifly belonging to another character just felt wrong.
Well, you knew Wurmple was going to come back as one of its two evolutions here, and were it Dustox, it would have been an even bigger slap in the face to Jessie, considering how it would defeat TR and all. Not to mention that Beautifly and Dustox are a part of Aaron's game team, so the approach the writers took was interesting enough without really offending a past character.

Besides, I don't see how it's different than that BF filler girl having Psyduck or any other side-character that owned a Pokemon belonging to a main cast member...

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Wow... that was not all that great. I was a bit disappointed by the total lack of any battle between Aaron and the gang- they could have squeezed a short one in, especially as it would be good for Staravia or Gliscor.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
Oh so many Bug-types @_@

It was nice seeing a full screenshot of a Ledian, despite it being cameo.

Those don't happen often.

EDIT: But hey, Kricketot was in this. Sadly, no sign of fellow underloved bugs Parasect and Pinsir.

If it counts, they were in the Manaphy movie >.>

Seeing Beautifly belonging to another character just felt wrong. Is this the first time we've seen another Beautifly other than May's?

Well, you knew Wurmple was going to come back as one of its two evolutions here, and were it Dustox, it would have been an even bigger slap in the face to Jessie, considering how it would defeat TR and all. Not to mention that Beautifly and Dustox are a part of Aaron's game team, so the approach the writers took was interesting enough without really offending a past character.

If it helps, Silkoon/Cascoon could've been the one to save the day.