• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Trainer and Child Reunion (567)

~AussieWonder~

Wow i was quite dissapointed with this episode. It seemed really uninspiring and kinda pointless for an E4 episode. I mean, Vespequin and Drapion getting knocked around by Seviper and Carnivine kinda bugged me (bad joke). It wasnt terrible, but it wasnt great either.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
I had already seen the (Japanese) trailer for today's episode, so, frankly, I was a bit sceptical when I started to watch it:

My first concern was which voice Aaron would get. But, thank God, my fears were unfounded: PUSA did a great job and gave Aaron a voice worthy of an Elite Four-member!

Now let's take a closer look at the single scenes:

Jenny freaking out when seeing or talking about Aaron reminds of me because I always go crazy as well when my queen Cynthia is mentioned :eek:

I liked Aaron being so kind as to allow our heroes to accompany him and show his home to them.
The mere fact that an Elite Four member was shown while doing fitness training was kinda startling. He even has a flatscreen! did you notice that? ^^ Quite a cosy home he has!
Today's "Funniest Moment" -Award undoubtedly goes to Ash for overdoing his training. Why was I expecting exactly that to happen? :XD2:

And now to my only point of critism which, however, is a major one and will influences this episode's rating:
How in the world is it possible that TWO ELITE FOUR(!!!) Pokemon are hit by the ridiculously weak Pokemon of Team Rocket and that Aaron can be tricked by a Haze-attack from Seviper and crashes like a plane???.
This was so awfully disappointing...
As Sceptile 726 said quite rightly:
An elite pokemon being hit by TR's pokes? Blasphemy
I wouldn't call it blasphemy, but something that just MUST NOT happen! I'd understand it if Aaron was just an ordinary gym leader, but considering that he is an Elite Four member..NOOOOO!:saiyan:
Thinking of the upcoming battle for the title of Champion(!!!) against Cynthia, I'm slowly but surely starting to wonder whether that battle is going to be somewhat unworthy..

To cut a long story short, I just wanted to see a much stronger Elite-Aaron...Man, that bothers me so much...

Finally, the background of Wurmple and Aaron was heart-warming and moving, though. A welcome change and quite a successful plot. I was also impressed by Beautifly's powerful Solar Beam. The first one which came down from the sky all of a sudden almost looked like a glaring flash of lightning. Awesome!

All in all, it would be a great episode, if it hadn't been for that aforesaid messed up scene in which Aaron's great Pokemon got hit quite hard.

7.5 out of 10 points

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope
Overall, an average episode. I like it when we get to see the lives of a member of the Elite Four. And I was truly moved by the story of Aronn and Wurmple. Somehow Aronn kinda remindes me of myself. Plus, if any of you have noiticed, ever since the last movie the charecters of Pokemon have been eating alot of pancakes. Who knows what this means?! Mabye a new pancake Pokemon?????!!!!!

katfairy

Squeeing fangirl Jenny was disturbingly amusing. Or possibly amusingly disturbing.

minredd

Cartoonist
I don't think there will be a pancake Pokemon XD As epic as that would be, I don't see it happening.

I missed the first half of the episode because I fell back asleep after waking up, but I saw the end. The story reminded me of Sugar the Raichu, where it went off on its own to train to please its trainer.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Aaron's dub voice was pretty good. His character portrayal in this episode was really nice. I also loved the focus on the bonds between him and his pokemon, which is what makes them both really powerful.

zsedan

sigh...

and ... again
After every episode I get reminded why I like the games a lot better
Has Aaron got antigravity boots? He just jumps to TR machine like 30 feets...
And TR pokemon defeat Elite 4 Pokemon in 1 HIT???? WHAT??
pls comment

Last edited:

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Slowking[George];9577197 said:
Aaron's dub voice was pretty good. His character portrayal in this episode was really nice. I also loved the focus on the bonds between him and his pokemon, which is what makes them both really powerful.

Still, who was the VA that did Aaron?

Linkdarkside

well the episode was decent.
but why the hell Aron keep a prevolution on his team.

i believe he have no chance againts Cynthia she use diferent kind of pokemon wile Aron is all bug type which is a weak type.

i think Pokemon USA was lasy in this episode because they did not edited the signature and i think munchlax had his japanese voice.

Last edited:
well the episode was decent.
but why the hell Aron keep a prevolution on his team.

i believe he have no chance againts Cynthia she use diferent kind of pokemon wile Aron is all bug type which is a weak type.

i think Pokemon USA was lasy in this episode because they did not edited the signature and i think munchlax had his japanese voice.

Well oviosly(Spelling) hes the 1 member of the elete four :p
Bug and Steel type are strong. Drapions not really a bug type, hes a poison and dark type. Theres no point on using pure bug type pokemon! All there is its bug and flying pokemon! Would of it been cool if theres a electric and bug pokemon, fire and bug pokemon to! That would be cool, would it?

Rebeccag

This was an ok episode. I liked seeing Aaron and everything falling over him esp officer jenny lol. Also Ash remembering Butterfree again was good. Team Rocket seem to be obsessed with pancakes at the moment though lol.
Yay Aarons wurmple evolved into a beautifly and saved them

milenadrg

I liked this episode. I liked Aaron and Wurmuple/Beautifly story. I know there wasn't their trainer, but it was weird Drapion and Vespiqueen were loosing to TR's Pokemon. I mean, the Elite Four's Pokemon...

Hoppip

I thought this episode was rather nice.I liked the Aaron and Wurmple story to,i thought it was touching ;-; and how Ash talked about his Buterfree.Heehee i liked Team Rocket's expression when they attracted that Munchlax with thier honey too.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
Well Aaron is definitely the weakest member of the elite 4, just like in the games.
It's embarrassing that his Drapion couldn't overpower a Team Rocket Pokemon.
Honestly, if they had a serious battle, Ash could have beaten him right there with
the Pokemon he had.

Well Aaron is definitely the weakest member of the elite 4, just like in the games.
It's embarrassing that his Drapion couldn't overpower a Team Rocket Pokemon.
Honestly, if they had a serious battle, Ash could have beaten him right there with
the Pokemon he had.

Ya right! :p
Ash could beat him with his chimchar and staravia, even pikachu! lol

What the...
TR owned Aaron...
What a fail.

He is a disgrace to the E4! The only good part is understanding bug language.
I kinda liked his Drapion though. It fired like 5 Hyper Beams with no breaks in between.