• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Trip Down Memory Train (891)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
In other words, Bunnelby has an overdone personality that many Pokemon in the past groups already share and is considered unappealing unless he is forced to endure the troubles from a less composed team member who almost always will get the attention from the trainer anyway.

Basically. Bunnelby isn't doing anything new or special in the cast, but he's cute at least. Also, was Skitty's head always that big? I was shocked when I saw it here and mistook it for the Moon.

Janovy

Banned
In other words, Bunnelby has an overdone personality that many Pokemon in the past groups already share and is considered unappealing unless he is forced to endure the troubles from a less composed team member who almost always will get the attention from the trainer anyway.
There's really no other words. What I said is what I meant.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
This episode was a total bore to me :/

Bunnelby was cute yeah, but the story overall was so cliché that I lost interest quickly.

Liked seeing Skitty and Zigzagoon again though.

NekuShikazu

An okay episode. The only thing that really mattered was some back-story, though the fight between Horubee and Horudo was nice.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
the episode is nice but meh, its pointless i rather they skip this episode and rush to eevee arc before serena got bench again.

*Frank*

Okay episode. I liked the fact that what Team Rocket did to them was what trigerred Bonnie to remember her and his bro's first encounter with Bunnelby.

rocky505

Did the episode not air this morning? Main page said it was today.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I liked Clemont and Bonnies battle re-enactment and how the actual battle started off almost just like they predicted it would. Bunnelby's past had been a mystery up till now so I am glad that we learned how it met Clemont. Thinking of Pokémon as partners and friends is the right message but I do also kind of miss the days when wild pokemon usually had to be battled in order to be recruited.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Oh noez, a BIG flashback episode. The bane of all anime!

I'm surprised Clemont and Bonnie didn't just DIE from falling down in such a nasty construction hole. When will someone in this show get seriously injured from falling down like that? They only rarely get a leg hurt.

Serena, stop walking backwards on an old train track. One scratch from a rusty iron track and it will forever give you a nasty mark.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Meh episode 3/10

No, my guide said it was last weeks episode airing for whatever reason and it didn't record it.

Mine didn't record it either. I watched it when it came on though as I was up. It's on again tomorrow apparently according to the guide I looked at showing the next episodes that will air, I was making sure next episode was still set to record.

I'm surprised Clemont and Bonnie didn't just DIE from falling down in such a nasty construction hole.

I wish they did

This was an ok episode, though nothing really special stood out much.

Pikachu52

So Bunnelby's backstory is he met Clemont after stealing food for his friends, Clemont observed him trying to protect his friends from a larger bully Pokémon and Clemont befriends him by helping Bunnelby defeat the bully Diggersby and save his friends home. Isn't that just a retelling of Halwucha's story. Or a shorter less exciting version of Goodra's. I feel like the "Ash and friends helps weaker Pokémon battle a bully" trope is becoming a bit overused. Don't get me wrong it's inspirational enough but it's becoming formulaic and simplistic. I had hoped this episode would give Bunnelby a more unique backstory than the one that was given. It's so lacklustre that I wonder why they even bothered devoting an entire episode to it at all.

Clemont driving the train was also boring. He's an electric type trainer so why did he need the treadmil to power the locomotive. Then all he does is move it a little way down the line until it's outside the tunnel. It's kind of similar to the battle subway episodes in BW, but less exciting. Of all the ways they could have featured a train they chose to be as unimaginative as possible. It's a shame they never featured the magnet train back in Johto.

And why this late in the series. Bunnelby's spotlight was battling Pikachu and he lost that. It's unlikely he'll get a lot of attention in XYZ as I suspect that 1) Clemont won't battle very much and 2) Clemont's serious battles will be fought by Luxray.

Personally I give it 4/10. Rather pointless really.

Oh noez, a BIG flashback episode. The bane of all anime!

I'm surprised Clemont and Bonnie didn't just DIE from falling down in such a nasty construction hole. When will someone in this show get seriously injured from falling down like that? They only rarely get a leg hurt.

Serena, stop walking backwards on an old train track. One scratch from a rusty iron track and it will forever give you a nasty mark.

If Team Rocket can take powerful electric shocks without recieving brain damage, Clemont and Bonnie can fall down a hole without dying. That's anime physics for you.

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode. The ending of the episode was the good part, though. Friendship and the bond between Bunnelby and Clemont. Really glad to have the backstory of Bunnelby.

Mine didn't record it either. I watched it when it came on though as I was up. It's on again tomorrow apparently according to the guide I looked at showing the next episodes that will air, I was making sure next episode was still set to record.
Nor mine, either (season pass). I had to manually record it individually. Actually, I had this problem since A Legendary Photo Op! episode aired. The Mending a Broken Spirit! episode recorded as normal for me.

Strangely enough, this episode was repeated today instead of previous week's episode... Why did that happen?
I think it's because they were using Canada's original airing dates. When I looked on the date from the programs recorded, it gave me the date the episode aired. For this episode, it was Saturday, October 31, 2015, not Saturday, November 7, 2015. The episode The Frocking Find in the Flowers! was reportedly aired in Canada yesterday, so it seems that this new episode will have a re-run on Sunday, November 15, 2015.

To be frank, I believe this whole mess started when Canada skipped the airing of A Not-So-Flying Start!, which I recall you saying that back in August. Hopefully this mess will be cleared up when Season 19 starts, that is, the Pokémon XY & Z season. This is probably why we're seeing the episode again the day after the episode originally aired in the United States.

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Not the most exciting episode, but I'm glad to see some origins to Bunnelby. Needed for an entire episode? I don't think so. But at least we got something special out of it; Clemont, Bonnie and Bunnelby starting out before meeting Ash and Pikachu.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I thought this was a heart-warming episode. So Clemont and Bunnelby's life started with petty crime which led to an abandoned underground train network. Although the story was one that we have seen many times before, it's still reassuring that Clemont and Bunnelby acted the same way they do now. That's true friendship.

Nice episode, onto the next one!

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I really liked Bunnelby's personality and I feel like we got a side of it we never seen before. This episode also showed how capable Clemont is without Ash and Serena so that was nice too.

Alloutℯ

Banned
The mineshaft thing that they walked down while they told the story looked like that stuff outside Terminus Cave in the games. Which is meant to be after Anistar if I'm not mistaken. Just something minor, kind of like the Lost Hotel and Poke Ball Factory being in between Laverre and Dendemille.