• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Triple Fighting Chance! (536)

Well Maylene can't hear Buziels thoughts, so she wouldn't know if Buziel wanted Ash to win the badge or not. I think she just liked the way things turned out in the end, Ash gave her a tough battle and prooved to her that they were both equally strong. But if that's how you feel thats cool this is just what I think of course ^^

Last edited:

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
After this match it would be a sin not to find a good buizel signature.

hmm...King Buizel, I like the way that rolls off the tounge.

oh, and before I forget, please tell me I wasn't the only one who laughed at team rockets masache (sp?)

that old guy was almost choking james.

if anyone knows where I can find a good KING Buizel signature let me know.^^

Last edited:

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
Sorry for quoting old stuff:
The difference is Buizel CAN learn Water Pulse through TM (training in the anime) but Bulbasaur can't learn tickle or whirlwind period (of course Ash's bulbasaur only used Whirlwind once, and they possibly fixed it because it was never shown again)

Please read the above of what you have quoted, dustin.

oh, and before I forget, please tell me I wasn't the only one who laughed at team rockets masache (sp?)

that old guy was almost choking james.

if anyone knows where I can find a good KING Buizel signature let me know.^^

I'm thinking of making a good Buziel signature too. He's my fav of Ash Pokemon. But yah that battle was sure awesome, one of the best.

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
I'm thinking of making a good Buziel signature too. He's my fav of Ash Pokemon. But yah that battle was sure awesome, one of the best.

quite true quite true well if you find a good KING buizel signature let me know, especially if he's wearing a crown lol.

still though what does this mean for the pastoria gym battle and crasher wakes's LORD Floatzel I wonder hmm.

it'll probably be pikachu that takes the glory there probably.

edit: I hope gravy dosen't mind me piggybacking his little schtick.^^

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
Yes, clearly a horrible battle. It's complete BS that they would give the spotlight to, y'know, the titular Pokemon. Yes, yes. And horrible that they gave it a chance to shine since it hasn't been in any gym battles yet. That makes no sense. Everyone knows that Satoshi has used Buoysel in a bunch of Battles. He's been seeing way too much face time.

Clearly Gligar was screwed out of its win. WTF, they should've used him! He's a flying type! This is a prefect gym to show his POWAA. They completely neglected the poor gargoyle. I hate that damn weasel! How dare he get a chance to shine![/sarcasm]

If you know me, it's not just Chimchar. That rant was way toned down from what I originally wanted to say. It's just that was the straw that broke the camels back, but I've been disliking Buizel for a long time now. Since even before the trade. They've seemed to do everything in their power to make me hate it, but saying all that would go way off topic.

Besides I couldn't give a darn about the time Chimchar was with Shinji anyway because it was just a waste like Buizel and Dawn in the end.

And what the heck you talking about Gligar for, besides your obvious sarcasm. >>

BTW I never said the battle was horrible, I just wish someone else would have gotten it. And I knew the title of the episode and what was probably going to happen, I'm not an idiot.

Neither had Buizel, in fact Ash has been training Chimchar far more than Buizel. I'm surprised that Ash even used Buizel to be honest (before the dub title was even announced) and besides Buizel needed it more than Chimchar, since this was Buizel's first gym battle...Period, and major first match. Heck Buizel didn't do squat until Ash used it against Maylene. Chimchar has been in a lot of battles, he at least battled Roark, and he had multiple battles in the tag battle Arc.

I should have put more into that rant, but it just would have been more hate for Buizel right then. Anyway I like Chimchar and that battle did nothing more for it than prove Shinji right. He creamed Lucario with his new Fire type remember? It just made it look like Chimchar was as weak as he said and that Ash shouldn't have even bothered to help it and he was right in dumping it.

That and Ash has plenty of Water type Pokemon, and his Fire and Fighting types have been screwed over. As far as Fire types go they've all been screwed over for Charizard. Cyndaquil didn't evolve, and Torkoal didn't do much and got dumped. And as for the Fighting types just look at Primeape and Heracross, Chimchar's evos are the first chance at some redemption for them.

And I wanted it to do well against Lucario, but that didn't happen.

And it's not so much Chimchar that annoys me and makes me not like Buizel, I dislike Buizel for plenty of other things. But yes I have a right a to dislike it.

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)

I had a "Gangsta Buizel" signature a while back, inspired by claims that Buizel resembled a rapper due to him crossing his arms ala Fiddy in the first promotional art that featured him with the main team. Though in retrospect, it probably wasn't very funny, so nobody revive it, 'kay?

As for bolding "King" before Buizel, the bolding only really works with Mukubird, otherwise it's essentially misusing the fad and driving it into the ground in an unfunny way (as if that's not already done enough). Besides, the whole point of "Muku.BIRD" is pointing out the fact that it is, in essence, a generic bird Pokemon. Eventually it morphed into replacing "BIRD" with a random noun, but it's still keeping in context with the same Pokemon. Try some other stuff with Buizel. Just keep in mind that forum fads and in-jokes can't necessarily be thought up. They just spontaneously happen.

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
I had a "Gangsta Buizel" signature a while back, inspired by claims that Buizel resembled a rapper due to him crossing his arms ala Fiddy in the first promotional art that featured him with the main team. Though in retrospect, it probably wasn't very funny, so nobody revive it, 'kay?

As for bolding "King" before Buizel, the bolding only really works with Mukubird, otherwise it's essentially misusing the fad and driving it into the ground in an unfunny way (as if that's not already done enough). Besides, the whole point of "Muku.BIRD" is pointing out the fact that it is, in essence, a generic bird Pokemon. Eventually it morphed into replacing "BIRD" with a random noun, but it's still keeping in context with the same Pokemon. Try some other stuff with Buizel. Just keep in mind that forum fads and in-jokes can't necessarily be thought up. They just spontaneously happen.

yeah I kinda thought so...It's not that I was trying to be funny or anything, more like, god I dunno, just trying to make buizel feel special I guess :/

hmm...what to do...

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
Naturally. Isn't the thought of Muku.SELF HARM produced by the hands of those talented folk enough to make your mouth water like a convenient rain storm?

Is that what we're calling him from now on? I mean it fits, because he caused himself even MORE brain damage when confused. I swear the writers are doing that on purpose.

But yeah, Awesome eppy, Buizel earned my respect.

Btw, what do you think the chances of the dub getting the english version of type wild, is?

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Sorry for quoting old stuff:

Please read the above of what you have quoted, dustin.

Actually in spite of the cool theory that Buizel learned water pulse through Lucario using Aura Sphere, I believe Buizel knew the move before the gym battle.

Okay here's the best analogy I can think of to explain my situation.

Everyone assumes that it was like this (forgive me but I can only use game examples) Buizel leveled up , and Buizel learned Water Pulse. So in essence through natural ways.

But I'll use the best example I can give. "Oh what's this the egg is going to hatch?" "Your egg hatched into Buizel" Now lets and see what moves Buizel knows (Water gun, sonic boom, aqua jet, and Water Pulse), how ever many days, weeks, months later, Buizel runs into Dawn. Dawn captures Buizel. Then Buizel gets traded and Come Ash's third gym battle. Buizel pulls out his secret hidden move he's hidden until now.

That's what I was referring to....

Well Maylene can't hear Buziels thoughts, so she wouldn't know if Buziel wanted Ash to win the badge or not. I think she just liked the way things turned out in the end, Ash gave her a tough battle and prooved to her that they were both equally strong. But if that's how you feel thats cool this is just what I think of course ^^

Well I didn't necessarily mean telepathy. I would assume Maylene would come to that conclusion on her own because Buizel never gave up. And I also said that was one of the reasons. But yes another reason is because Ash proved himself. But I think Buizel helped make the decision for Maylene.

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
lol if buizel knew telepathy that would be the ULTIMATE plot twist for D/P so far and probably ever. 0.o

quite true quite true well if you find a good KING buizel signature let me know, especially if he's wearing a crown lol.

still though what does this mean for the pastoria gym battle and crasher wakes's LORD Floatzel I wonder hmm.

it'll probably be pikachu that takes the glory there probably.

edit: I hope gravy dosen't mind me piggybacking his little schtick.^^

If I find a Buziel king banner I'll P.M you k?
Right now I'm having trouble uploading Buziel images =[

I hope Pikachu doesn't get the glory in that battle, Buziel needs to take on Floatzel, that would prob be tied with this battle as best one ever.

dman_dustin-Ok I get what your saying. Yah Buziel def prooved how loyal he was to Ash and prooved how strong he was itself. I sure hope we see more of it in battles with Ash.

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
Actually in spite of the cool theory that Buizel learned water pulse through Lucario using Aura Sphere, I believe Buizel knew the move before the gym battle.

Everyone assumes that it was like this (forgive me but I can only use game examples) Buizel leveled up , and Buizel learned Water Pulse. So in essence through natural ways.

But I'll use the best example I can give. "Oh what's this the egg is going to hatch?" "Your egg hatched into Buizel" Now lets and see what moves Buizel knows (Water gun, sonic boom, aqua jet, and Water Pulse), how ever many days, weeks, months later, Buizel runs into Dawn. Dawn captures Buizel. Then Buizel gets traded and Come Ash's third gym battle. Buizel pulls out his secret hidden move he's hidden until now.

You're kidding, right? If you're not, than that could only happen in my fanfic.

SUPERSTARZZ

The Cool Pip!
Hey

Here's how the Gym Battle went:

Staravia vs. Machoke (Staravia won)
Chimchar vs. Meditite (Chimchar was recalled)
Staravia vs. Meditite (Staravia won)
Staravia vs. Lucario (Lucario won)
Chimchar vs. Lucario (Lucario won)
Buizel vs. Lucario (It's a double KO)

The match IS a DRAW!

This is probably Staravia's best battle yet!

Chimchar XD

I found that chimchar had fought also well only jammer that he didn't win a fighting

niedude

Don't forget to grin

Well I didn't necessarily mean telepathy. I would assume Maylene would come to that conclusion on her own because Buizel never gave up. And I also said that was one of the reasons. But yes another reason is because Ash proved himself. But I think Buizel helped make the decision for Maylene.

You're kidding?
Dude, did you see the epi? Buizel struggled to create the pulse (ball thingie) the first time he made it. It kept growing-shrinking-growiing-shrinking actualy can someone get the images just to prove this guy wrong?
The way he looked at aura sphere an then grinned when he fired an attack just like it proved that he learnt water pulse out of the blue!

Here's how the Gym Battle went:

Staravia vs. Machoke (Staravia won)
Chimchar vs. Meditite (Chimchar was recalled)
Staravia vs. Meditite (Staravia won)
Staravia vs. Lucario (Lucario won)
Chimchar vs. Lucario (Lucario won)
Buizel vs. Lucario (It's a double KO)

The match IS a DRAW!

This is probably Staravia's best battle yet!

We have several posts like that already, we knew that.

And I don't mean to brag, but I actually summarized the battle events (attacks and such) up to the point where buizel is sent out...

Alfonso

Derpgull
Okay guys the new forum fad is now refering to Ash as Probopash complete with italics. Demonstrated by a photoshopped image of a 8 year old's fanart of Ash I have edited below:

[img200]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/alfonso_amatari/proboash.jpg[/img200]

Let the driving into the ground until it becomes unfunny and then starts parodying itself commence.

The forced creation of a new forum fad reminds me of all those times on chan sites someone has tried to create a new meme. It feels rather... uncomfortable to watch? Anyone trying to be funny on the back of something else usually is.

I can't even remember half of the forum fads, that said. I'm getting too old for you young'uns.

On a serious note, Maylene seems a tad... I dunno, weak? :< Three losses against Paul, 1 loss against Dawn and then in her battle with Ash had to rely on Lucario to actually put Ash to the challenge.

xylon joseph

dragon master
i haven't seen the episode as yet, but from looking at the spoilers of the episode, i can tell that Ash Starivia learned a new attack. what is it? Brave Bird or Sky Attack? which one?