• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Triple Fighting Chance! (536)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Veilstone Gym! Lucario VS Buizel!

After re-gaining her confidence in a battle with Dawn, Maylene accepts Ash's gym battle challenge. In a fierce 3 on 3 fight, Ash faces a tough challenge indeed. With Maylene using Machoke, Meditite and Lucario and Ash using Staravia, Chimchar & Buizel, things are going to get tougher before they get easier. Will Ash finally win his 3rd Sinnoh Badge?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Saw the pics on the japanese site. It seems that Buizel used Water Pulse somehow on its own during the battle because i didn't see any pic which indicated that Buizel learned that before the gym battle & also that the episode seems to have started with the beginning of the gym battle. Also it seems that when Ash was having his there was a cloudy whether outside & during the fight between Lucario & Buizel the roof of the gym got destroyed some how & after sometime rain started to fall which we have seen on the preview.
As for how the gym battle went, i was not able to understand from those pics (because the person who posted those pic is a big fan of Maylene & most of the pics posted there are of Maylene's from the episode). What i saw & understood from the pics is like this,

Machoke fought Staravia - Staravia won
Meditite fought Chimchar - I think Chimchar was withdrawn
Meditite fought Staravia - Staravia won with Brave Bird
Lucario fought Buizel - Buizel won

It would be nice if someone who saw the episode to clarify this.

Also we had a bit of Croagunk & Team Rocket interaction like we had during Ash's first gym battle (during Ash's rematch) & i think Croagunk blasted them off.

And for those who don't believe Buizel learning Water Pulse here is a pic,
[IMG139]http://i29.*******.com/x51kxz.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

An00bis

Wicked Witch
The other thread was closed just as I was posting in it. Hah.

Staravia did incredibly well for once. It's not done just yet, I see.

Buizel DEM'd his way to victory leading me to wonder if anyone will be able to beat Lucario without resorting to something that could be considered cheap. Even Paul set Lucario up for a stronger attack by trapping it with Fire Spin first.

Rain = Swift Swim ... for all the good that it does. It could put Lucario at a disadvantage if the floor was wet. They might even showcase tripping from Brawl. *shot*

Edit: I forgot to mention Chimchar, which says how much I feel about him being here in general. Seems like he was shafted regardless of whether it was a withdraw or KO. As a future fighting type, and Paul's former Pokemon, I thought it would've done well here.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
please can you post the url for the japanese site?

Sorry it is not allowed to post the url or direct pics from that site & i also can't say why.

The other thread was closed just as I was posting in it. Hah.

Same here, thats why i posted the same thing here which i posted there.

Edit:- Thought that i will also post some pics of Croagunk in the episode,
[IMG139]http://i29.*******.com/2eaku52.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i30.*******.com/fdtuh3.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
Dogasu claimed that the Lucario and Buizel match was a draw, which obviously caused the battle to be a tie.

But Maylene gave him the badge anyway.

ShadowDragon16

Dogasu claimed that the Lucario and Buizel match was a draw, which obviously caused the battle to be a tie.

It wasn't a tie, even if the match was a draw between lucario an Buizel Ash still had Chimchar and Staravia in Backup so he still won fairly.

cassius335

Aura Trainer

I quite like that, personally. It's the job of the Gym Leader to test, the trainer and in the event of a tie it's up to the Gym Leaer whether or not the trainer has done enough to pass.

Not really, because from what I read, Chimchar and Staravia didn't faint at all. Wow, Maylene really does suck.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Since the other thread is closed, I'd like to know the exact match ups in this Gym Battle..

Read the first post:

Edit:

Wow, Maylene really does suck.

She should give her Lucario to Ash. He do much better-er.

Magician_Ruwla

Read the first post:

Edit:

She should give her Lucario to Ash. He do much better-er.

I've read that.. but it says.. "I think Chimchar was withdrawn", but I need to know it for sure

quil-hunter

Ultimate Ranger

So does Ash win the match or is it a draw? If Ash win can someone post the picture.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I've read that.. but it says.. "I think Chimchar was withdrawn", but I need to know it for sure

Other posts seem to confirm that Chimchar was withdrawn.

It's been a while since I've seen people this antsy.