• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Triple Fighting Chance! (536)

Guys it was not a tie. Ash beat her 3 to 1. Because Staravia KOed Machoke and Meditite, and Chimchar was withdrawn. It does say nowhere that Lucario faught Staravia and Staravia lost, so therefore, Ash beat her 3 to 1.

neo_senku

I've heard that buizel beat lucario after lucario beat staravia.

Erutan

Um it was a Tie...

Machoke vs Staravia-Staravia wins koing Machoke with an aerial ace/quick attack
Meditite vs Staravia-Meditite confuses Star, then is withdrawn by Ash
Meditite vs Chimchar-Same thing happens here, chimchar gets confused then withdrawn
Staravia is sent back out ,and proceeds to clobber meditite with Brave Bird.
Lucario sent out, Kos Star quickly with metal claw ,then takes out Chimchar after it gets hit with Flame wheel.

Lucario vs Buizel- Action packed match up going on. After aabit, Buizel learns Water pulse to counter Aura sphere.Both attacks collide, destroying the roof,.Conveniently, it starts to rain, Buizel swift swim comes into play dodging Lucarios attacks.Both go into a head on collision, Lucario with force palm? ,and Buizel with a combination of water pulse/aqua jet.Both have a staredown then faint resulting in a tie.Maylene was happy how the battle turned out ,and gave Ash the Badge anyway.

I found it to be a very enjoyable gym battle tho...

Last edited:

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Despite being a tiny bit bothered by the fact that both Water Pulse AND the rain activating Swift Swim had come so conveniently, I thought the battle was highly entertaining overall. Buizel's spiteful grin when it learned Water Pulse was great too XD

Not to mention, we finally get to know what happens if a Gym Battle ends with a draw - the judgement whether the challenger had fought well enough is simply left to the Gym Leader. I wonder if there are Leaders who're pissy enough to deny the challenger the badge though.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
omg omg omg....
Excitement overload...
Best damn episode in ages, and the next one seems 10x better *-*
I'm on heaven!

And even if tails learned water pulse and the convinently destroyed roof let the rain that clouded the perfectly clear sky power up buizel, I did think this was a GREAT flaming battle!

Made my day, and I had a PE test AND a geography test.

The whole class cheated on the PE test though, literally XD

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I don't care how silly Buoysel learning Water Pulse out of nowhere and getting a steriod boost from a quick shower was. The bird came, the bird saw, and the bird made them taste sweet, feather-covered Muku.JUSTICE, and that's all that really matters. You jive-turkeys can't call mah homie weak now!

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
That was a mega episode! I don't care that it was a tie, the 2 wins for Staravia and the Water Pulse from Buizel was what made it great!

The only thing i disliked was Lucrapio using its aura to find Chimchar underground...(and that Chimchar didnt get even one win :()

Also, does anyone here understand japanese? I would like to know what Prof.Oak was saying about Ash's Gligar...

Last edited:

neo_senku

That was a mega episode! I don't care that it was a tie, the 2 wins for Staravia and the Water Pulse from Buizel was what made it great!

The only thing i disliked was Lucrapio using its aura to find Chimchar underground...(and that Chimchar didnt get even one win :()

Can any1 understand japanese? I would like to know what Prof.Oak was saying about Ash's Gligar...

Yeah i was thinking chimchar was gonna go head to head with meditite and get beat by Machoke. Staravia and buizel stole the show, not that there is anything wrong with it cause god knows they needed it, but chimchar was just sorta there.

Cobalt_Latios

Despite being a tiny bit bothered by the fact that both Water Pulse AND the rain activating Swift Swim had come so conveniently, I thought the battle was highly entertaining overall. Buizel's spiteful grin when it learned Water Pulse was great too XD
Once I get the episode, I'll be sure to grab that image for the captions.

Not to mention, we finally get to know what happens if a Gym Battle ends with a draw - the judgement whether the challenger had fought well enough is simply left to the Gym Leader. I wonder if there are Leaders who're pissy enough to deny the challenger the badge though.
Heh, I can of a few. Well, mostly the beginner ones perhaps. Had the show based the Goldenrod gym on the one in the game, then that whole scene with Whitney could have potentially happened... had Ash won.

Hehe, guess the aura can be used for finding more than Solid Snake hiding under a box!

Well, from the sounds of things, I think I'll consider this episosde as well. What was up with the 1 week delay anyhow?

I'll be sure to get some more pictures for the captions thread once I dl this. I really hope they get it on time. Not a problem, just a mild inconvenience.

~C_L~

dman_dustin

Would someone please define "It just learned water pulse." becuase it sounds to me based on what you said it knew it before just never used it

"It learned water pulse to counter aura sphere." That doesn't make sense by itself unless Buizel did know it before. and based on that one shot, none of buizel's attacks use it's arms so how the heck did Buizel manage water pulse?

niedude

Don't forget to grin
I don't care how silly Buoysel learning Water Pulse out of nowhere and getting a steriod boost from a quick shower was. The bird came, the bird saw, and the bird made them taste sweet, feather-covered Muku.JUSTICE, and that's all that really matters. You jive-turkeys can't call mah homie weak now!

HELL YEAH!
Dude I think the exact sam mukku.THING!

Would someone please define "It just learned water pulse." becuase it sounds to me based on what you said it knew it before just never used it

"It learned water pulse to counter aura sphere." That doesn't make sense by itself unless Buizel did know it before. and based on that one shot, none of buizel's attacks use it's arms so how the heck did Buizel manage water pulse?

It just DID!
God damn, its not enough they refuse to accept that buizel is now ash's, they also refuse to accept it learnt water pulse!

dman_dustin

HELL YEAH!
Dude I think the exact sam mukku.THING!

It just DID!
God damn, its not enough they refuse to accept that buizel is now ash's, they also refuse to accept it learnt water pulse!

READ MY POST.

I never doubted Buizel knowing water pulse, I'm doubting that it learned it while under Ash's control meaning it already knew it. Geez!

Edit: And I'm not one of those who hates Buizel on Ash's team...so I don't know where that came from...in fact long before Buizel was caught, I was one of those who hoped Ash would catch it.

Last edited:

Blazing Charmander

Basically, Buizel had just got floored by Lucario, and when it looked as if it had lost, Buizel gathered a ball of energy (Water Pulse). All witnesses were surprised by this, thus it should be assumed that the otter hadn't learnt it beforehand.

As for the episode in general, it was pretty awesome. I didn't expect a draw though. Thank God Staravia got redemption, especially in a Gym battle that is most suited to it. I had to laugh how both Muku and Chimchar became confused (the indication being wide purple eyes), and then began beating themselves. Someone has gotta make animated gifs of those!

It was a bit disappointing how Chimchar didn't put up much of a fight in this battle, but i'll let that one slide as this was at the expense of Staravia getting the limelight for once. Plus i'm sure it'll get its own glory soon enough anyway. :/

No matter how cheap it was that Buizel got floored about four times, then had the luck of learning Water Pulse as well as its Swift Swim ability as good as fully rejuvenating it, I thought that the battle between it and Lucario was fairly entertaining. The Water Pulse+Aqua Jet combo was very clever methinks.

And finally, a special mention for Croagunk. Once again it was used for some comic relief at the expense of Team Rocket. It's unbelievable how one second it is jabbing in a pot (presumably something to toughen it up), and the next it is outside ready to serve Tr's butt's to them on a plate. Croagunk FTW! :D

dman_dustin

Basically, Buizel had just got floored by Lucario, and when it looked as if it had lost, Buizel gathered a ball of energy (Water Pulse). All witnesses were surprised by this, thus it should be assumed that the otter hadn't learnt it beforehand.

All anyone had to say is Buizel started using the attack and Buizel was surprised by it. So thank you.

niedude

Don't forget to grin

READ MY POST.

I never doubted Buizel knowing water pulse, I'm doubting that it learned it while under Ash's control meaning it already knew it. Geez!

Edit: And I'm not one of those who hates Buizel on Ash's team...so I don't know where that came from...in fact long before Buizel was caught, I was one of those who hoped Ash would catch it.

Dude, I wasn't saying you exactly, I was saying to ppl in general.

And it learnt the water pulse from nowhere, a tiny ball of energized water just popped up between his "palms" and he was having dificulty keeping its size for the first two/three seconds. Then, probably because of the match's adrenaline, he was able to do it three times (or four) perfectly.

This is how the battle goes, IIRC:

Machoke is sent out
Staravia is sent out in a coolio flying pose
Quick attack by staravia collides with karate chop
Series of karate/cross chops fighting aerial aces, gusts and quick attacks in high speed mode, staravia escapes a barrage of karate chops using quic attack, conter-attacks with aerial ace and then I think it uses gust to Ko Machoke.

Meditite sent out

Meditite stands still, staravia ttacks and meditite uses detect and quickly follows with calm mind (gaining a silver-ish aura), staravia attacks again and deja vu with detect and calm mind.
Meditite attacks with drain punch(I think), but is stopped by gust.
Mukku-dude attacks, detect is used but staravia keeps prosimity and detect fades, the bird sees this and delivers a great pounding on the other dude.

Staravia goes for aerial ace, meditite uses confusion and sends the bird for a date with solid ground, the bird gets possessed (seriously, the eyes get purple and it starts baning its head on the ground, talk about coolio!) and is retreated.

Chimchar is sent out, only does a few scratches (literally), after flamethrowers and on one flame wheel meditite uses confusion, the chimp blast off to meet the wall and also gets possessed (does any one else think the gym is haunted?) and starts scratching away at the wall.

Staravia is sent out, again, brave birds one (with awesome backgroung music) and the fighter almost faints, staravia gets very tired and Brock, convinently, points it out. Ash is stupid and does one more brave bird, meditite faints.

Lucariawesome is sent out and beat the bird with one force palm. (The bird does better than the chimp though)

Chimchar is sent out, barrage of missed flamethrowers follows. They get in a close match of something, I know that Maylenne complimens the monkeys speed. One or two flame wheels after the chimp gets knocked out y a flame destroying metal claw!

Buizel is sent out, the battle has so many details I don't want to point that out!

P.S: Everytime dawn lifted her leg you would be able to see her panties, but she was quick to cover that with pom-poms! Seriously, her skirt is getting even more dangerously lower...

BTW my computer is acting up, so I probably missed some letters on some words...

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well just now saw the episode & liked it. I am also sorry about my previous mistake about the battle match up. I didn't see any pic which told me that the match was a draw when i saw the pics so i assumed that Buizel defeated Lucario.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
See what happens when you train, hopefully Chimchar and Buizel get some now since it definitely helped turned the bird around but they still didn't do too much other than Chimchar getting a good hit in on Lucario and Buizel learning water pulse.

Though some will be happy to note that i will not classify Buizel's water pulse as deus ex, simply because he did not win with it and I don't count ties as wins.

Though this is getting to be abit rediculious, is Ash ever going to BEAT a gym leader on his first try, if this keeps up then i see no way in heck he's gonna be a match for paul at the league.