• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Triple Fighting Chance! (536)

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Wow... they can be unpreditable indeed. Not only did Chimchar NOT steal this one (or indeed perform well at all) but Buizel and Staravia kicked ***! And, of course, this one was a draw which is weird in itself. I look forward to all future gyms cause even this one managed to impress.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Whomgz, a draw in a gym battle? Sillyrabblerabblespacetimecontinumetcetc.

I wonder if Maylene will choose to file a lawsuit against Ash for roof damages?

Mawile XD

ello thar
Whomgz, a draw in a gym battle? Sillyrabblerabblespacetimecontinumetcetc.

I wonder if Maylene will choose to file a lawsuit against Ash for roof damages?

Probably not, as his pokemon would cream her, if she tried... *imagines Pikachu zapping Maylene* Awesome... I hope she does...

Ragnarofl

Binkan Binkan Binkan
Well, a tie is certainly an improvement from the previous two losses. Perhaps he'll now start winning.

And Staravia kills.

Dax

Legend
See what happens when you train, hopefully Chimchar and Buizel get some now since it definitely helped turned the bird around but they still didn't do too much other than Chimchar getting a good hit in on Lucario and Buizel learning water pulse.

Yeah, I'm so sad Chimchar has been getting the shaft with Ash. It has done nothing important. I want Chimchar to come alive! With the potential of being an Infernape it should have done something better.

I'm glad the bird didn't fight Lucario but still it was the star of the gym. Kudos for no more losses!:D

uber gon

Accept Change
Well Chimchar prbably didn't do much this episode, but there's always the next one.:p

Dax

Legend
I think this is just because the bird has no more chances to battle in gym battles after the ghost one. I expect them to keep developing it and the Chimchar can do amazing in the gyms that are left. Chimchar has tons of chances so they sacrifice some of them to do justice to the ones that will be absent in the last gym battles.

I think they are distributing their time better between pokemons which is something I always wanted. I hope they keep doing it so they can avoid the "shafting one pokemon" from Ash's team. Everybody can develop, everybody can have a great range of battles and everybody will have the necessary strength to be amazing in the gym.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
Anyone remember Candice? Abomasnow, Snover, and Medicham? Don't they all share a common weakness? Staravia has another chance to shine!

Staravia was simply pwnsome. Buizel was good too, but Staravia really shined in this Gym. I'm happy that he didn't just take out Meditie and then get KOed by Machoke, it took them both down. Sucks that Chimchar didn't do much, but it'll have more chances.

Dax

Legend
I don't see how Chimchar's been getting 'the shaft'. I mean, at least it's not rotting inside a Pokeball.

Isn't it?

This is Chimchar's first important battle. After being caught nothing has happened to it. Even in the debut of Reiji they didn't let Chimchar battle (let's be honest, it was the most suitable pokemon to battle if we judge his story).

Obviously there's time but after being caught I wanted to see it do something.

Then again I'm going to believe what I said. I think they are just looking for the right timing to make the monkey shine. Kinda like what they are doing with Turtwig and the bird.

uber gon

Accept Change
Isn't it?

This is Chimchar's first important battle. After being caught nothing has happened to it. Even in the debut of Reiji they didn't let Chimchar battle (let's be honest, it was the most suitable pokemon to battle if we judge his story).

Obviously there's time but after being caught I wanted to see it do something.

Then again I'm going to believe what I said. I think they are just looking for the right timing to make the monkey shine. Kinda like what they are doing with Turtwig and the bird.

Yeah, I'm sure Chimchar will kick *** at some point.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Yeah, I mean we all know that the grass starter is ash's choice of pokemon and is used more often than others (bulbasaur appeared more often then any pokemon, except pika; chiko the same, and the only to evolve; I won't even say anything about treecko).

This season Turtwig is often the pokemon ash sends out, but comparing to the others before, it is not as responsible for its teammates shaft as the other starters were. I mean we would barely see the dude out of a battle actually doing something if it were not for the energy ball training epis, he battles a lot to compensate its lack of personality.

Personally I see this epi as a jumpboard to who became ashs next powerhouse, Buizel, and to show how powerful staravia really is (not to mention to teach ash what he was loosing for forgetting he owned it)

I just got curous as to Gligars potential, frm now on refered to as "pinky".

XD jk!

marrycherrylips

See what happens when you train, hopefully Chimchar and Buizel get some now since it definitely helped turned the bird around but they still didn't do too much other than Chimchar getting a good hit in on Lucario and Buizel learning water pulse.

Though some will be happy to note that i will not classify Buizel's water pulse as deus ex, simply because he did not win with it and I don't count ties as wins.

Though this is getting to be abit rediculious, is Ash ever going to BEAT a gym leader on his first try, if this keeps up then i see no way in heck he's gonna be a match for paul at the league.

i actually like what they're doing to ash and how he's having a harder time with the gym leaders this season that may be because i hate ash or because i love it allows more time for the gym leaders.

uber gon

Accept Change
i actually like what they're doing to ash and how he's having a harder time with the gym leaders this season that may be because i hate ash or because i love it allows more time for the gym leaders.

I think the latter is more correct.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Please tell me I'm not the only one who couldn't stop laughing at the confused Muku.BIRD being forced against its feathery will to bang its head against the floor repeatedly. I replayed that scene 5 times, I swear.

Glad to see Buizel's return to its badass form for the first time since...its debut. In spite of the destruction of the roof only for it to start raining being a little too convenient (you would think these gyms' roofs would built to withstand random nonsensical explosions like that), this was a great battle. Muku.BIRD got two very solid victories under its belt, and even Chimchar got some decent blows in, for those worried. On the technical front, the BGM was great with the expected Movie 8 fluff for Lucario, while not even the animation was that bad, even for a Shimura episode.

uber gon

Accept Change
Does anyone know when the EP pics will be put onto Serebii?

Try Friday morning or afternoon.

Someone PLEASE post pictures of a confused Staravia, PLEASE.

lightdash

Dawn and May fan
Heh, I found it amusing to see that the first one and half pages or so in this topic was filled with false info.

Anyways, Water Pulse was expected. What was not expected was it being a tie battle. And another reference to contests, by now, it is pretty safe to assume that contests will be back. Although Buizel pulling off a combo move was pretty awesome I must say.