• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Triple Fighting Chance! (536)

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Croagunk FTW!!!! Brock knows that Croagunk has a sort of hold over him, especially when he goes mushy with all the ladies... He also knows that roagunk won't leave Brock, so he's happy to know that he's just out to enjoy himself - it just so happens that Croagunk's enjoyment is also in creeping out TR!!

Torpoleon

That was Ash's most intense gym battle yet!

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
intense? are u sure?

halloweenghost

was a good episode and he did not get the badge out of pitty.. she was not like..ohh poor ash did not beat me I'm sorry I feel sorry for you ,.. here you go... they gave it to him because of his spirirt and how well he did,.. even if it was a tie... he helped in many ways and she felt he DESERVED the badge.. not out of pity.

ccangelopearl1362

Meowth: "Woik?! How about waaaaalk!?!?"

With a cheerleading routine from Dawn and her Pokémon -- which I very easily admire -- Ash's Pokémon mustered all the strength that they could against Maylene's Pokémon, and at the end, in recognition of Ash's battling spirit, Maylene awarded him the Cobble Badge. Buizel's new Water Pulse should assist it in future battles handily. The humor came from Team Rocket in this episode, from the painful stretching to the final blastoff from Croagunk. Thus, I should say that this was a really good episode to ponder.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I think Maylene could have done a lot better than she actually did.

Lucario vs Buizel was a great match and it helped Buizel to learn Water Pulse.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Without the rain that started, I don't know if Buizel was continue to battle.
In fact, Madidate did half of the work of winning Staravia and Chimchar.

Shadow XD001

I liked the battle, except I think Chimchar should have had more time to shine, but Buizel would still be the tsar. Meditite was doing excellent job against Staravia and Chimchar, but in the end, Maylene lost.(well, tied, but gave Ash the badge)

Torpoleon

I liked the battle, except I think Chimchar should have had more time to shine, but Buizel would still be the tsar. Meditite was doing excellent job against Staravia and Chimchar, but in the end, Maylene lost.(well, tied, but gave Ash the badge)
Chimchar did get some hits on Meditite. Like it does not have enough screentime now.

Splitzman

Bad to the Horn
After watching this episode a couple of times, I must say that I am impressed. Each of Maylene's Pokemon had a good amount of spotlight and battled well. I liked the strategy of Bulk Up with the Meditite and then just doing massive damage. Howeve, it was the fight between Lucario and Buizel who stole the show. Releasing different attacks and showing off their strengths, then culminating in the roof being destroyed and the result being quite different. A really good episode.

9/10. Machoke didn't get enough spotlight plus Swift Swim just a bit cheap?

It was oddly convenient that it started raining when it did. They had already had a strange twist of fate that worked in Ash's favor when Buizel learned Water Pulse, so this was just a bit much. Also, it was really pathetic how fast Machoke went down; it didn't stand a chance. At least Meditite did some noticable damage before fainting.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Battling Maylene in the show seemed just as hard like I battle her in the Daimond/Pearl Game. However, that Force Palm that Lucario usually uses in the game is much more annoying. However, like I said before that Buizel was the best trade ever. Without it he would have never came close.

STICKTOPIA

I think it was a good battle but they gave him the badge out of pity it is a little unfair because he didn't win
But it was a draw. It's the gym leaders choice if the challenger gets the badge. Besides, look how Ash got the badge from Brock, Daisy, Erika, and Sabrina.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
A really good episode featuring an intense battle the likes of which we haven't seen in a long time. I almost pity the fact that we had to wait 2 episodes after Maylene's debut to witness it.

Staravia winning against Maylene's Machoke was expected due to the raising usage of type advantages in the anime, but I was shock that Maylene didn't start off with her weaker Meditite. Well at least Staravia showed true endurance and was able to take it down too.

Lucario versus Buizel was what caught my attention. I didn't think Buizel was very strong in battle, but it withstood all of the hits Lucario made. The while rain and Swift Swim combo was too convenient I think, it was only used to give Ash the advantage. Glad Ash got the badge, even if it was a tie. 9/10

JohnLee

Chimchar did get some hits on Meditite. Like it does not have enough screentime now.

Exactly! I did think that it was going to be chimchar vs lucario though, given the huge type advantage. Although I didn't expect Buizel vs Lucario, I did enjoy it. Water pulse looks good in the anime.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Great battle and great episode. All the battles were very impressive but the Lucario vs Buizel battle was EPIC! I'm glad Maylene got her fighting spirit back and Ash got his badge.