• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!! (1201)

KukuiFanatic501

To be the negative Nancy here, I felt nothing when the people of Alola calling him champion. I felt that they are putting so much pressure on Ash
Chanting and giving your hopes and wishes to someone isn’t “putting pressure” on them. Ash basically got the blader spirit treatment.

Do you think Cynthia or Iris get put under pressure then?
Also I didn’t really care about his champion status in this region. They didn’t care when he came back the first two times, and the second time only two kids knew that he was champion. They only care that he’s in the Master class and nothing else.
You just kinda stated the obvious. Strangers care this time because Ash has now explicitly risen to the level of now standing amongst the other regions most powerful trainers, so now his representation of Alola on the international level matters quite a lot.

They “didn’t care” the first time because literally no one but his classmates knew Ash returned to Alola in the first appearance and the 2nd time he came back, Ash wasn’t close to being in the Masters 8 (assuming the Alolan people paid much attention to the PWC at that time).
I felt it was really bad writing that the characters knew that he was participating in the Pokémon world championship without Ash telling them on screen. I am OK with Lillie finding out because she said she watched the stream
Okay and is it not possible the others found too because of the obvious easy to access streaming of the tournament as well?

That and because Kukui was putting together the Champion Battle Royal battle, it’s also possible he passed on the information to the Alola gang. He talked to Kiawe and Gladion off screen to get them to battle (since we don’t see Kukui ask them on screen) so this isn’t an impossibility.

Either way, I don’t understand this being bad writing.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
  • Shirona isn't from Sinnoh according to BW2
  • Iris (possibly) isn't from Isshu (the dragon village in lore is ambigious location wise)
  • Wataru isn't from Jouto
That's all I remember, plenty of E4 are from else where too.
Cynthia is from Sinnoh, she just doesn't live there.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
As far as I recall, Lance is from Blackthorn City in Johto. His outfit is handed down to Dragon Masters from the city (and that had led him to having an obsession with buying capes).

Cynthia is from Sinnoh. No doubt about it. Her hometown is Celestic Town, and Pokemon Masters has the town as one of her theme skills. Legends Arceus sort of solidifies the connection.

All iterations of Iris are from Unova unless said otherwise.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I can’t believe this is the second Alola related episode that I liked consecutively. Does Chloe do anything else with her journey besides procrastinating about eevee evolutions? I liked the battle royale, the little cameos and the battle itself. It makes sense for Gladion to lose first with a brand new pokemon who has barely been trained. The crowd chanting “Champion” created a new feeling for me and like others have said, it is something we hadn’t seen before. I don’t get why people are surprised at Pikachu’s power level. Pikachu has defeated legendaries and Ash has been established as a champion. I’m pretty sure we’ve seen Pikachu take more hits in other battles. I’m glad Ash is being treated for what he is, a champion who’s beaten Iris (another champion) and with the potential to take others in the same range.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
His status is not merely conference winner like Alain, that is the point.
I think, as the first and only Alola Champion he currently has the combined role of Alain (League winner) and Diantha (Champion of the region).

Going forward Alola might have both a Region Champion and League Champion but Ash will stay as the first Champion in both definitions.

The question is how one can take the title(s) from Ash.

DayQuil95

I think, as the first and only Alola Champion he currently has the combined role of Alain (League winner) and Diantha (Champion of the region).

Going forward Alola might have both a Region Champion and League Champion but Ash will stay as the first Champion in both definitions.

The question is how one can take the title(s) from Ash.
That's Tokio's secret goal, getting Celebi and then travelling back in time to be the first Alolan champion instead of Ash... Only to lose inevitably so Ash can be second champion instead.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
So Ash isn't the Alola Champion but the Alola League Champion or the Alola Champions League?
What a disappointment

Kuzehiko

There's literally no difference between any of the terms

He beat the Alolan regional league, ergo he's the League Champion of the Alola Region
You think so?
Dephender said that he clearly is not addressed as the other regional champions so I was wondering. So he's the League Champion of the Alola Region sounds fine by me.

Pokemonfan5

You think so?
Dephender said that he clearly is not addressed as the other regional champions so I was wondering. So he's the League Champion of the Alola Region sounds fine by me.
Alain was introduced as winner of Lumiose conference (Kalos league) while Ash was mentioned as champion not just in JN112 and JN76 but also in JN115 when they introduced all master 8 trainers

Anime clearly tell the difference between league winner and champion with Ash and Alain

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Alain was introduced as winner of Lumiose conference (Kalos league) while Ash was mentioned as champion not just in JN112 and JN76 but also in JN115 when they introduced all master 8 trainers

Anime clearly tell the difference between league winner and champion with Ash and Alain
Wasn’t he introduced as the “shining new champion of the first ever Alola league” ?

But considering that Alola doesn’t seem to differentiate (yet) between regional champion and league champion it’s really splitting hairs.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
He's both the league winner and regional champion (if Alola didn't have a regional champion before then and I'm pretty sure it doesn't).

Kuzehiko

Yeah I get what you mean but Ash wasn't introduced as a regional champion like the others either. It's an odd title *league champion of the Alola region*
He's both the league winner and regional champion (if Alola didn't have a regional champion before then and I'm pretty sure it doesn't).
Debatable
As stated above why doesn't he defend his title?
He should have stayed in Alola then

Pokemonfan5

Yeah I get what you mean but Ash wasn't introduced as a regional champion like the others either. It's an odd title *league champion of the Alola region*

Debatable
As stated above why doesn't he defend his title?
He should have stayed in Alola then
When you challenge champions in games they will introduce themselves as league champion too, we never seen any league winner who was also called a league champion

Even Steven was called Hoenn league in mega evolution speical champion or Alder as Unova league champion in BW