• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!! (1201)

Did The Nuke fail?
Lei mimicking Ash was adorable. AND HOBBES!
Special preview:
Cool to see Hop and Delia
Looks like reserves are shafted to the lab
if we dont get Ash Greninja vs MCX writers are stupid. looks like we are getting Ash vs Steven... why?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The Battle Royal was pretty good. I liked how Pikachu was recognized as the biggest threat and how the other three all attacked it first, but they didn't ignore each other either. Kiawe got his revenge against Gladion

That would've been better than what actually happened, but the reason Kaki attacked Gladio was just because HE wanted to be the one to defeat Satoshi.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Pikachu's return to battles shouldn't have been through this one. He was just too good that surely Incineroar at home can't hope to mimic.

As usual, the anime hates rivals, which is why Hau's not allowed to celebrate among the rest of the characters.
Suiren pointed out that there's a 9th possible path for Eievui to take, ie not evolving at all. "Just like Satoshi's Pikachu"
Aaand there we go. This long drive through the street was sort of pointless since the beginning.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I think it's kinda cute that Lillie (the Nihilego) is actually being treated as a part of the family, and I love that her official nickname is actually just 'Lillie'. I bet it's gonna make things really confusing though...

Also, now everyone's gonna rush to their shiny Nihilegos and name them 'Lillie' (as if they weren't doing it already). Damn it, now I feel even more creatively bankrupt!

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
On another note I love how insanely invested the PM2019 squad was in Pikachu's Battle Royale fight, they really seemed impressed and it's so rare we get group scenes of them. Almost makes it feel like they're witnessing that Pikachu's real strength and prowess goes way above what they know.
This episode slaps hard, y'all. It not only reinvigorates my interest for Journeys, but makes me want to give the SM series a second chance and rewatch it (no fillers of course ;) ). It also makes watching this show for almost 25 years pay off after seeing the audience chanting to Ash. The hype going forward is unreal.
Banger.

Though I recommend watching the "fillers" because certain things add payoff that's easier to brush off at the moment but matters later.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I’m a bit disappointed that Nihelgo had to get knocked down by Marowak but it kind of makes sense since we don’t know if Nihelgo has even battled much in the past.

Everyone cheering for our Alola Champion had me tearing up! IT’S ABOUT TIME THESE WRITERS LISTEN TO US!!!

Acknowledging Ash as Champion in his second home region is such a full circle moment.

I was wondering if them skipping the result of the final battle was either intentional or the video skipped that part but we all know that Pikachu won.

I loved the special preview trailer. It got me hyped for everyone involved!

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I was right in the feels with dragonite when he looked so happy hugging shirtless kukui... I was like "me too dragonite, me too"

As others have already said though, such a great episode but I will have to re watch it when I can find the version with proper subs. The mostly 1vs3 royal rumble was interesting but I approve, and there were just too many perfect little scenes in this episode. Ah can't wait for the upcoming episodes!!!

Fairplay

Amazing episode. When the crowd started to chant "Champion", it was a goose bump moment for me. It really struck Satoshi that his title actually is holding so much weight. Great showcase and it makes me excited for the upcoming episodes.
While I am still not a huge of Journey's as a whole, alas the animation is still not good, they are dropping some really good episodes. The last one included.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yes give me Alola supremacy!!!
I watched the Lillie episode for the first time and this episode live literally back to back
As you could imagine, my heart was completely full and I was just left with so much happiness. I can't remember the last time anipoke made me feel such a way tbh! Pure bliss of an Alola finale <3
First of all, I love this episode finally destroys the dumb strawman argument that Ash isn't Alola's champion, he's just a league winner
Ash is to Alola what Cynthia is to Sinnoh, it was obvious since the third last SM episode but here ya go, smacked onto your faces
Kukui's strength is respected and he's shown on the champion level feat he deserves
I love how the preview actually spells out Ash is the alolan champion. The gravitas given in this episode to that title, all the promotional material having it (even again with all the VAs having their interviews) and it being in the preview, it BETTER pop up during the Masters 8 tournament now. Not doing it for the raihan episode to save for this episode and the impact his title had was worth it
But please, give us the title in Masters 8 as well. Honestly just want it to shut up the trolls (who'll shift their goalposts anyway but still, it'll be satisfying)

Anyway, moving onto the episode
- Gosh the way Ash continuously exclaims happiness at Alola is amazing to see each time, Alola is his second home, his region <3
- I'm so glad we got James the butler lol! No seriously he was really an underrated character who had great moments with the aether family so for him to get a scene being happy Mohn is back was excellent continuity and heartwarming
- Loved all the cameos, from Samson Oak to Hau, Guzma Plumeria and Team Skull, to Faba and Wicke
- Idk the context since subs aren't out but Rotom Dex and Mohn talking got a good chuckle out of me, since Rotom was running Aether during everyones absence
- The way the girls hold onto Lillie <3
- Gladions expression when Lillie says she and Gladion have been watching Ash's PWC battles killed me LMAO, so glad I noticed it during the first live watch. I love Gladion so much and I forgot how much I liked him!!
- Baby Lei imitating Ash is just too cute, f Ash's child being the next protagonist I want his little bro Lei to lead the series
- I love the mon interactions we got no matter how short. Rowlet was the highlight as always lmao but Lucario hugging Ash was actually adorable, so was Dragonite hugging Kukui that absolute cutie
- I liked the lana and Chloe interaction. Atleast they acknowledged the fact both have eevees even if it didn't go the way I want. Heck Lana mentioning the option of Eevee staying unevolved makes me even more hopeful it actually won't be the case!!
- And now, onto the juice of the episode, the battle royale. It was extremely fulfilling to watch man. Kiawe getting his revenge on Gladion? Chefs kiss! The cool eyecatches for all 4 trainers? Stunning! Kukui's strength being respected and being Ashs final opponent? Rewarding
- We got the BEST flashback of the series and man I'm so happy they unbashedly showcased the whole flashback in full SM artstyle glory, while also showing the reactions of the Alola gang when Ash won which was extremely heartwarming to me and I'm glad it was shown again. But that flashback having the champion chant start, and then the camera pans to see the whole region chanting Ash's name as he looks in awe and surprise? That's the HARDEST scene ever in anipoke istg, it's absolutely CATHARTIC as an Ash fan to see that. It literally was the most emotional scene of the episode, i DID NOT expect that and it was just everything.

I don't care what anyone else tries to claim otherwise, this episode CEMENTS Ash being the alolan champion is his greatest achievement until the PWC. It freaking matters, in the best way possible

- I LOVE they have the battle unfinished and I can see this being a hot take. For one, it doesn't make you eyeroll about the DEMness of Pikashuniam Z, it adds more respect to Kukui's name and it's just so much more poetic seeing it lead into the sunset in the beach than showing who won
- Tapu Koko doing his dance for Ash's performance in the PWC, that ending scene? PERFECT finale to SM. Absolutely perfect!

Mannnnnn, I love SM so much and this was the perfect love letter to it <3
Bring on the Masters Tournament!! JN you have my faith!

DayQuil95

My favorite Journeys episode to date, I just loved every single thing about this. Whoever wrote this episode deserves a raise because holy **** this was so damn good, seeing the crowd shout "CHAMPION! CHAMPION!" just felt so awarding for Ash, we have seen this dude get beaten over and over again for over 25 years, being forced to relive the same lessons in ways that fans still want him to, and now he's finally out of that box and shining like the champion he deserves to be. This is literally in my top 5 Pokémon anime episodes.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Short notes:
  • #justiceforhau
  • yelling out your sister's name to command a Pokemon feels weird
  • NGL them chanting "CHAMPION" kinda got me
    • So many final Ash journey vibes
    • how you gonna make him lose after this level of hype
      • IMO would be worse than Furfrou guy
  • After this I kinda think Pikachu use in this battle is fine. I think endgame vibes here > circumstantial opportunity to use Alola Pokemon but that's just me
  • Tapu Koko has dance moves