• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Tyrogue Full Of Trouble! (235)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I'm surprised with all the references of the P1 Grand Prix in this episode since the writer's never made any attempt to reference Ash's win in the tournament with his Primeape back in Kanto.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was nice to see Nobuhiko from the games, and although it was touching to see him capture the stray Barukii, I thought it should've evolved into Capoeira to fit in with Nobuhiko's Sawamular and Ebiwalar. And it's odd how Satoshi didn't seem to know what the P1 Grand Prix was, despite him previously winning it.

Daizy

I call you honey
The Karate Master was the same dude from Mt. Mortar in GSC iirc. I wish he had given Ash the Tyrogue though instead of keeping it for himself. Tyrogue suited Ash more.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I'm kind of surprised that Satoshi didn't show much interest in Barukii, as far as capturing it goes. Nobuhiko getting it was a tender moment, but I wouldn't have minded if Satoshi had gotten it, instead.

Daizy

I call you honey
When I think of it despite the game story line shown here, not much else happens in this episode. Kiyo gets his battle with Tyrogue and Team Rocket interrupted as always. How unoriginal.

So we got to hear about that P1 grand prix competition again although Ash didn't seem to remember that he once won that with Primeape. I liked how this episode was a reference to the Karate King from G/S/C and how we got a Tyrogue from him in those games. Kiyo was a good guy and Tyrogue having trouble trusting trainers was really sad since it showed that he had been abused.