• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Tyrogue Full Of Trouble! (235)

JohnLee

Pretty boring episode in my opinion. The only funny part was when the gang just got out of the tunnel and brock offered the Tyrogue some food, but it ended up stealing all of their food. It was interesting to see a trainer fight and catch a pokemon.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
Meh, I liked it. It could have been better, but Tyrogue and the Hitmons are my all time favorite pokemon. I'm also a big fan of fighting types in general, the only one I dislike being Primeape. Yes, I didn't like Tyrogue's voice, it was a little Mickey-Mouse like. And the guy who said it should be thrown in jail, I couldn't help but say (outloud, mind you) "It's a f***in' animal! You can't put an ANIMAL in jail, you f***-t***!" Made me think of Kelso on That 70's Show wanting to put a dog in handcuffs.

Personally, I like the way I hear my tyrogue in my head better. (Like little Walter Sullivan of Silent Hill 4. Not the Full-grown Serial-killer Kurt Cobain look alike, the little Jacob Lloyd look alike...(for those of you that don't know, Jacob Lloyd was the little boy who played Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode One: The Phantom Menace)...the little boy who leaves the "momy, y doesnt u wake up?" note under your door....I need to stop before this turns into a Silent Hill rant...as most things do...)

Also, I laughed out loud when I heard the pokedex call Tyrogue Hitmonchan/lee's evolution. Oh....ha.....

~Nemmeh ;107; and also ;236;

saar

Shiny Flygon
I think Tyrogue behavior was pretty bad. I'm happy that a kind man helped it to bahave nice and not to fight with people. :)

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Tyrogue for the 1st time. Tyrogue is a very strong Pokemon! The Karate King is very cool and very strong as well. I'm glad he earned Tyrogue's respect and then caught it in the end. It was understandable why Tyrogue didn't really trust humans at 1st.

18/100

TheEpicGoomba

This was a ok episode. Cool to see Tyrouge for the first time. Cool to se the Karate king aswell. Good to see Tyrouge getting caught in the end.

6/10

It was long ago that Brock used his Onix... It was also cool to see Tyrogue beating his evolved forms Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. Good to see Tyrogue got caught in the end. This is one of the worst Jotho episodes, 7/10! Jotho is awesome, even one of the worst Jotho episodes is still good.

7threst

I have mixed feeling about this episode.The good thing was the character of the day: His personality was likable and fun. The bad thing was the overall plot in this episode that screamed "unoriginal" to me. Oh well, at least Tyrogue was in this episode! :D

Blessed

Not the best of episode, it was very boring. Ash, Misty, & Brock weren't involved at all. It was like they were just in the background watching. I'm surprised there wasn't a reference to Ash's win in the tournament with his Primeape back in Kanto. I liked the references to Chuck. Kiyo was a cool COTD, I loved him.

Zamin

I don't understand how people are calling this boring and unoriginal! It was an amazing episode, I really enjoyed it. also, Kio was so hot! I don't normally go for anime characters but he was mighty fine!

NPT

Just a member
Apart from the references to Chuck and blackbelt Kyo's appearance, this episode was a total boredom. I wasn't too thrilled to see Tyrogue being undisciplined with it's trainer. Ash and co. didn't do much in this episode, they were----just there. They just stood on the background, watching Blackbelt Kyo do almost everything. As usual, Team Rocket was annoying as heck.

Last edited:

zhixun

I think this episode is not as bad as everyone said above. Especially I quite enjoyed when Balkie was being bad initially then got a respect from the karate king Nobuhiko. That Balkie must be strong since it can take both Sawamular and Ebiwalar. Finally it was nice when Balkie decided to follow Nobuhiko and I hope it will become a Kapoerer later.

Uh, Tyrogue is Hitmonlee/chan/top's pre-evolution, not evolution, writers.
Then again, it might have been a dub error, I don't know.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Kiyo was an interesting COTD tbh; I was especially impressed by his strength when he grabbed that Tauros by the horns. I thought it was sweet how Kiyo kept trying to win Tyrogue's friendship and I was impressed that Tyrogue could handle Kiyo's Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee. Aside from the Tyrogue drama, I enjoyed Team Rocket's antics yet again.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Ash and friends met Kiyo the Karate Master while passing through Mt Mortar cuz it's a reference to the GSC games. I sympathized with the Tyrouge and I was glad that it joined Kiyo's team. :3

Good filler. Tyrogue seemed too anti-social in the beginning and I was impressed by how that Kiyo guy melted Tyrogue's cold heart in the end.