• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A UFO for Elgyem! (692)

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
It shouldn't have affected it at all. Lol, anime physics.

Didn't see it after the blase, but I don't think it was shown after that, if it was I don't think it was affected, because of obvious reasons. :p

Graham Aker

Didn't see it after the blase, but I don't think it was shown after that, if it was I don't think it was affected, because of obvious reasons. :p

Yeah, you're right looking at the pictures Tranquil knocks back Woobat, then get's hit by Shadow ball..then it just cuts to Kibago afterwards.

gliscor&yanmega

Looks like an interesting episode. Looks like Cilan has some focus here, so it will of course be awesome for me.

So Team Rocket are in a disguise other then their first disguise they've been using all this time. They blast off via Rocket Packs again.

Doesn't seem like much happened, but regardless, the plot of the episode looks enjoyable for me so I can't wait to see it.

Before people start talking, yes its a filler and not an amazing one but it isn't bad either.

I disagree with your opinion.

Last edited:

Porygandrew

Wait, TR back in their original clothes and stealing the Pokemon of the Day from the Character of the Day?

So TR's back to being useless after becoming badass for the first time ever since Episode 2? WTF?

gliscor&yanmega

Wait, TR back in their original clothes and stealing the Pokemon of the Day from the Character of the Day?

So TR's back to being useless after becoming badass for the first time ever since Episode 2? WTF?

Team Rocket were like that since BW025(When they changed clothes), and they attempted to steal Musharna back in BW006, as well as Pikachu on few occasions, as well as Axew. Plus they tried to steal Druddigon back in BW030. This episode has no difference for them other then them using a different disguise in Unova for the first time.

Team Rocket aren't back to the same Team Rocket as before. Their comedic roles have been dropped drastically compared to past regions.

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Team Rocket were like that since BW025(When they changed clothes), and they attempted to steal Musharna back in BW006, as well as Pikachu on few occasions, as well as Axew. Plus they tried to steal Druddigon back in BW030. This episode has no difference for them other then them using a different disguise in Unova for the first time.

Team Rocket aren't back to the same Team Rocket as before. Their comedic roles have been dropped drastically compared to past regions.

And this attempt to please everybody made them even more unbearable now.

Talk about an episode that went off the rails from the potential it had. At least the animation was gorgeous. Who animated this?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Of course, not on youtube again.

From the photos, this episode looks good. The animation looks unusually good, probably the best in the whole Pokemon series.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I freaking LOVE of Dento got tons of focus in this episode. X3 I like how he's such a science nerd, reminds me a lot of myself even though I'm more interested in zoological sciences...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oh look, another filler fun episode. First off, I really liked Elgyem. I didn't think much of it before, but I think it's grown on me after watching it in action. I loved the setting of this episode since we don't usually get to see Ash and friends in desert-esque locations. I didn't feel much for the COTD, but I loved Team Rocket in this episode. I liked how they disguised themselves like they used to in the good old days. However, I'm getting tired of seeing them on jetpacks. Sorry, but it's gotten old and stale. Oh and look, the POTD stayed with the COTD. Gee, I wonder who predicted that :rolleyes: Anyway, I give it a 7/10.

pokeaussie37

From this, it sounds disappointing, given how long the speculation for this ep has been around. When'd those sketches come out? Two months ago? Seems like a letdown.
For what appears to be a filler though, it certainly doesn't sound bad though.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-The episode beings with some goddamned beautiful night sky. Also our heroes are sleeping I guess.
-Who left that cup of coffee/tea out there? WHO?
-Oh no, lots of wind! That's NEVER happened before! Good thing everyone woke up for that!
-Oh no, a mysterious giant light in the night sky! That's...actually legitimately weird!
-Yep, it's a UFO. That's one way to start the episode with a bang.
-IT'S SCIENCE TIME! Dento:Great character, or greatest character?
-...did Dento just say something about being a science sommelier? If so:Yessssss.
-Iris doesn't seem to buy it. Oh Iris, I'm sure you just think it's generic paranormal stuff again. You just can't compete with SCIENCE!
-On the other hand, Ash is just excited, because he's ten and OMG UFO AWESOME.
-At a random cafe, we find out that this is Area 53!
-I'm not sure why, but there's something really funny about Ash and Iris having little glasses of orange juice with little straws in them...while they talk to a generic bartender cleaning the glasses.
-I don't know who this Prof. Imori is, but Dento sure seems to know who they are.
-Apparently weird stuff's been happening around Area 53. For instance...a random mailman totally tripped out one day and saw, like, the universe, maaaaaaan.
-That one guy with the hat really needs to give Scott/Zoey their sunglasses back.
-I'm sure that all this dialogue is very interesting, but I can't understand a lick of it. (besides the occassional "UFO")
-Iris still isn't buying the science sommelier schtick.
-Oh god, Elgyem sounds adorable.
-Dento notes a "dangerous taste" on the bridge, and...everyone suddenly sees an image of Ash falling through the bridge! Then they test the next plank, and yep, it was about to give way.
-Our heroes reach Imori's house, and...Dento is seriously excited to meet this guy! It's kinda funny, since he's talkingreallydamnedfastforonce. And Imori's just all "...uh, who is this and what the hell is wrong with him?"
-...wait, is this guy doing stuff with dark matter? This episode just keeps getting more and more SCIENCE!, doesn't it?
-Oh god Imori has a UFO ceiling lamp. ...I want one.
-Imori starts talking...but suddenly has a vision of shit blowing up!
-...is this music a take on the critical HP music from the games? I can't really tell, but it sort of sounds like it.
-Crisis averted, mostly thanks to Elgyem!
-Oh Ash. "HOLY SHIT AN ALIEN!" Iris/Dento:"Nah it's just a Pokemon."
-Blah blah backstory with awesome music(it starts with...the Royal Isshu music, I think?...and ends with the Village Bridge music!) blah blah
-Oh hey, it's TR time.
-...did we really not get a motto this time? That's honestly unexpected!
-...they're going to chase after TR in the UFO. YES.
-Tranquill gets to do something! Yes! ...okay, it wasn't much, but at least it did SOMETHING.
-TR blasts o-wait, James just had Yamask use Night Shade! The UFO's going down!
-But Elgyem kind of has psychic powers, so everything turns out alright.
-I'm not sure what just happened with the Elgyem-produced flashbacks and stuff, but it looked touching.

A fun episode overall. I get the feeling it'd be much better if I could understand what anyone was saying, but oh well. It was still fun seeing Dento be overexcited throughout the entire episode(as a fellow science nerd, I approve), along with Elgyem being adorable. The music & animation were both pretty damned good, too.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Riguree for the 1st time. Riguree is 1 shy Pokemon in this episode, very cute! Riguree's ability to telepathically show people the future, warning about dangers that will happen, was cool to see. It was interesting to find out that the UFO and lights in the beginning of the episode were actually a sky display done by Imori. TR used a very odd device to both keep the Gang from moving and capture Riguree with some sort of electrical ropes. It was a very clever capture device. Dent really loves science as this episode showed, and he mentioned. It was cute to see Riguree flying around in its toy UFO, that it was discovered in by Imori and taken home to take care of. It was cool to see Imori and the gang flying inside of the UFO to go after TR. It was strange to see Desumasu's Shadow Ball attack have an affect on Hatooboo. It was great to see Riguree save the day with Psychic when Desumasu's Night Shade almost sent the gang down into the cliff. Dent really knew a lot about Imori.

41/100

Last edited:

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Really amazing how after all this time, Team Rocket's paper thin disguises still fool Ash even when it's just TR in suits with sunglasses. Who knows, maybe since it hadn't happened in Isshu Ash let down his guard that he'd be attacked by a paper thin disguise. Though at least they got right to the point rather than having a drawn out deception. It also seemed a bit strange for Shadow Ball to affect Tranquil considering the anime is normally pretty strict on what kind of attacks affect what kind of pokemon (aside from the occasional electric attack working on Ground type pokemon). It was actually interesting to see TR actually do something evil for once in how they didn't just flee after losing but instead actually attacked Ash & friends blowing them out of the sky.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Great episode that I think will be under-rated for years to come. I guess it will help to know what everyone is saying.

I have said it so many times already, but the animation in this episode is top notch. Were they thinking it was a movie or something? I really like Elgyem now too.

Last edited:

TheEpicGoomba

Good episode when this episode was first announced I thought the Elgyem would be wild and Ash or James would catch it. YES Cilian gets some focus in this episode I really like Cilian.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
decent erpisode. good animation.

gliscor&yanmega

Finally got to watch this.

Imori and Elgyem were enjoyable to me. The scene where Elgyem places it's hand on top of Imori's was cute...and funny but mainly cute.

Cilan is Cilan so he was of course awesome, to me at less. Add "It's Science Time" to his long list of what time it is.

Iris and Ash were kind of in the backseat in this episode, nothing really remember-able about the two.

Team Rocket were enjoyable this episode for me. Still blasting off via Rocket Packs, and this time they gave a little good bye present in the form of Night Shade, awesome.

I enjoyed this episode very much so.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Good episode.

I only wish Tranquil was shown more.