1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A Unova League Evolution (769)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

Satoshi versus Virgil couldn't have happened anyway, because there simply wasn't enough time (unless Kotetsu had lost to Satoshi right at this episode's beginning, but even then the Satoshi and Virgil match would've been short).

2. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

I've never liked Cameron at all. For him to beat Ash makes me hate this whole BW saga. I would of rather he lost to a trainer with higher caliber. Why couldn't Ash beat Cameron and lose to Virgil or have Ash and Virgil battle in the Final 8 while Cameron battles Dino.

3. Dragalge

Dragalge Eiscue

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Russet

This rectangular kid should have won the Unova League. This kid seemed to have had a lot of support behind him. That kind of support just doesn't come to anyone. Especially not from a rectangular prism-like person such as Russet. This kid laid the foundation of what it means to truly advance in your life. A good strong set of supporters were in hopes of this kid winning. But that walking Eevee promotion person just had to take his victory. His fat body winning the Unova League could have been an inspiration to never give up on your Pokemon dreams. But unfortunately Virgil just had to rob that opportunity away. Overall, I pay my respects to Russet. I say we outta to hope that one day he gets his vengeance back and win another Pokemon league.

4. RedR

RedR Well-Known Member

Just rewatched this episode after seeing a link to all of Ash's losses on the Pokemon.com TV app.

This episode isn't bad at all! It's just a shame Ash had to lose to someone with only 5 pkmn! :)

When you look at the big picture, it really is a throwback to Ash's first Pokemon league, even down to the shot of Ash running back to Iris and Cilan.
    Cameron and Ash's friendship felt like Ritchie and Ash's as well!

Leonhart likes this.
  5. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

Somehow I get the feeling that Virgil’s entire existence was only meant to hype up Sylveon & the Eevee short that featured it, which is another reason why he never fought against Ash in the League -_-

Leonhart likes this.
  6. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

In hindsight that's probably true, which is a shame since I thought that Virgil was a better character than Kotetsu. His team being made up of Eievui evolutions was a bit discouraging, but I still thought that he would've been a better "dream killer" in Isshu since he seemed competent.