• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Unova League Evolution (769)

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
As much as I want to forget the Unova League as fast as possible, this episode was handled better than I thought it would be.

Pikachu vs Lucario might be the best single fight in this League. It helps that we didn't know whether Pikachu would lose or they would tie (well, we mostly knew). The ending of that battle with the realization that Pikachu's going to lose before he got knocked out was tense. I'm also glad that Virgil at least won the League, since it adds some usefulness to his character existing.

I also really liked the moment with Ash and Pikachu standing in the centre of the stadium. It gave me nostalgic vibes. The flashback montage was nice too. Odd that next time isn't a new adventure though.

Vipsoccermaster

Who's Pokeball was Ash holding at the end though?

Probably his own.

Anyway, saw the pictures, and there were some disappointments and some good things. It's too bad Ash lost to Cameron, but at least Virgil avenged Ash by taking down Cameron. Nice to see Virgil winning.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm hollering right now. So Ash lost to Cameron like I predicted. And let's see, Cameron lost to Virgil as I predicted. And Virgil won the tournament as I predicted. I'm only happy about the last two things since Lucario got a taste of his own medicine against Flareon, and Virgil was definitely a better trainer than Cameron, who for some reason was able to advance to the next round after he beat Ash even though he didn't have five Pokemon, which was a clear violation of the rules of a full battle. But of course, nobody noticed or cared about that broken rule, so Cameron got the honor of battling Virgil, which should have belonged to Ash. Anyway, this was the worst League ever and the only thing that redeemed it somewhat was Virgil sweeping the entire thing. Kudos to him for winning the Unova League without cheating. I still have to give this episode a 1 out of 10 though, simply because although justice was served in the end, it was still bittersweet.

Kyrousa Izanami

The lazy noob
I knew Ash would lose the league again. It seems like Ash trained his Pikachu boosted his speed making look like Ash has a good chance winning the league. Cameron's Lucario still has the same personality when Cameron's Lucario was a Riolu when sunrises it reminds me one of the older openings where Ash was in the hoenn pokemon league.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
"BOO-HOO! BEST WISHES SUCKS! ASH WAS SCREWED OVER! WHY DID THE ANIME CHANGE FROM THE GLORY OF SINNOH! IT NEEDS TO RETURN TO THAT WAY IN GEN 6!"

Honestly, do you people EVER say anything new? Anything, y'know, constructive?

"BOO-HOO! BEST WISHES SUCKS! ASH WAS SCREWED OVER! WHY DID THE ANIME CHANGE FROM THE GLORY OF SINNOH! IT NEEDS TO RETURN TO THAT WAY IN GEN 6!"

No, because this series has been a series of poorly executed ideas, bad development, and lazy writing.

There's nothing really constructive to say when Best Wishes has been really bad. It's a darn shame too, it was pretty good for like the first three badges.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era

What's so bad about saying the truth? :p Seriously though, I think there were many good episodes and many bad episodes. The league ruined it for me though

Navin

MALDREAD
Apart from Kanto (where he should have reached Top 8 then and there if not for Zard), Ash has always lost to elite, senior trainers at the league. Cameron not only defeated him with one less Pokemon, but then Cameron gets owned 3-6 by Virgil. Think how bad that makes Ash look! I honestly never understood the need to nerf Ash in BW - at the rate he was going (Top 4 without reserves, Top 2 with reserves, Champion without reserves, Champions League/Elite 4?), the show would have been fine for another 4 generations with him as the protagonist. I remember how pumped I was for BW after the Sinnoh League, and now I feel the exact opposite. There was absolutely no need to have an Axew getting lost episode, and then take a break before airing this episode; we easily could have had two episodes to have shown a full battle between Ash and Virgil. Bad, lazy writing - I hope people overseas are just as pissed as we are.

J Ken

RAVE
Apart from Kanto (where he should have reached Top 8 then and there if not for Zard), Ash has always lost to elite, senior trainers at the league. Cameron not only defeated him with one less Pokemon, but then Cameron gets owned 3-6 by Virgil. Think how bad that makes Ash look! I honestly never understood the need to nerf Ash in BW - at the rate he was going (Top 4 without reserves, Top 2 with reserves, Champion without reserves, Champions League/Elite 4?), the show would have been fine for another 4 generations with him as the protagonist. I remember how pumped I was for BW after the Sinnoh League, and now I feel the exact opposite. There was absolutely no need to have an Axew getting lost episode, and then take a break before airing this episode; we easily could have had two episodes to have shown a full battle between Ash and Virgil. Bad, lazy writing - I hope people overseas are just as pissed as we are.

His sixth was a Watchog. I doubt it would have really done anything.

I thought the League was the truly only awful thing about BW. The other complaints I honestly disagree with. If 2 things damaged BW for me, it was the handling of some of the rivals and the League. Those are really my only main complaints. Otherwise, I am enjoying BW and can't wait until Episode N.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?

I'm find with originality... but not when it's taken to the brink like Best Wishes. Ash vs Trip, while original, was a bad move. Where I was happy when Ash beat Gary and Paul, I didn't feel a thing when Ash beat Trip, there was no suspension because it was obvious that Ash would win the prelim round.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
I really hope the N saga will be better then this, but I'm not getting my hopes up.....

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

We did not disrespect the anime or anything like that, we merely served some truth tea. There's nothing wrong with that. :confused:

Actually, I found something new to "complain" about; Ash's attitude after losing to Cameron. Like, this is the fifth Pokemon League he's lost at, yet he seemed to be totally okay with it. That bothered me. I actually wanted Ash to be a sore loser for once because he's a kid and that would be natural. But no, he didn't seem to mind that his dream was put on hold once again. Please writers, can't you make Ash seem like a 10-year-old kid where it counts?

We did not disrespect the anime or anything like that, we merely served some truth tea. There's nothing wrong with that. :confused:

Actually, I found something new to "complain" about; Ash's attitude after losing to Cameron. Like, this is the fifth Pokemon League he's lost at, yet he seemed to be totally okay with it. That bothered me. I actually wanted Ash to be a sore loser for once because he's a kid and that would be natural. But no, he didn't seem to mind that his dream was put on hold once again. Please writers, can't you make Ash seem like a 10-year-old kid where it counts?

He hasn't been upset about losing a League since Kanto. His reaction to losing the Unova League was nothing new.

STICKTOPIA

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Wow, Dino had a decent collection of Pokémon there..

Darmanitan, Mandibuzz, Cofagrigus, Leavanny, Galvantula, Druddigon, Heatmor, Seismitoad, Chandelure, Gigalith and.. whatever the 11th one was. That's along with his Deerling and Tranquill, giving him 13 Pokémon, of which 10 are confirmed to be fully evolved.

Learn from this guy Ash Ketchum. You may have laughed when you destroyed his Darumaka, but who's looking better now?