• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Unova League Evolution (769)

Wow, Dino had a decent collection of Pokémon there..

Darmanitan, Mandibuzz, Cofagrigus, Leavanny, Galvantula, Druddigon, Heatmor, Seismitoad, Chandelure, Gigalith and.. whatever the 11th one was. That's along with his Deerling and Tranquill, giving him 13 Pokémon, of which 10 are confirmed to be fully evolved.

Learn from this guy Ash Ketchum. You may have laughed when you destroyed his Darumaka, but who's looking better now?

Virgil is looking better because he single handedly won the league with his Eeveeloutions.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Eeveelutions are cool and all, but for someone as random as our Lance-alike to pull out a huge team of beasts when he'd only previously appeared with a few mediocre Pokémon, that's something I like more. He deserved his place in the league for training up that much after the Don tourney. Plus he got a Dragon type. The Lance-alike got a Dragon type.. Just epic.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
He hasn't been upset about losing a League since Kanto. His reaction to losing the Unova League was nothing new.

That's what I'm saying. It's like the League doesn't even matter to him any more. He just isn't passionate about his goal, which makes me wonder why the writers even bother with the Leagues in the first place. The Unova League pretty much confirmed that even they've grown tired of this redundant pattern.

That's what I'm saying. It's like the League doesn't even matter to him any more. He just isn't passionate about his goal, which makes me wonder why the writers even bother with the Leagues in the first place. The Unova League pretty much confirmed that even they've grown tired of this redundant pattern.

I agree with you on all accounts. Ash should really be more devastated than he was after he lost the battle especially since he went backwards and lost a battle even though he had the numbers advantage. And Cameron should have been disqualified to me. If that happened me, I would be angry and ask why they allowed Cameron to continue.

jrizza88

Meteorite
We did not disrespect the anime or anything like that, we merely served some truth tea. There's nothing wrong with that. :confused:

Actually, I found something new to "complain" about; Ash's attitude after losing to Cameron. Like, this is the fifth Pokemon League he's lost at, yet he seemed to be totally okay with it. That bothered me. I actually wanted Ash to be a sore loser for once because he's a kid and that would be natural. But no, he didn't seem to mind that his dream was put on hold once again. Please writers, can't you make Ash seem like a 10-year-old kid where it counts?

I feel like an ounce of depression came upon Ash, especially that moment when Lucario's attack overpowered Electroball. I agree 100% though that Ash should have showed more emotion, because I would have most definitely reacted that way, especially losing to someone like Kotetsu who only used 5 pokemon, and was lucky to have won because of Riolu evolving. Snivy pretty much was about to slay Riolu until it evolved... It just should have set up a comparable reaction to when May lost the Grand coordinator Cup, minus the crying?

With no legendaries being used this time, Ash could've won this league if he used his old pokemon.

Exactly what I thought as well. I am sure Infernape, or any fire pokemon could have taken out Lucario, even though Unfezant, being a flying pokemon should have had some ease as well.

Also, random point. I would have preferred to see Watchog get one shotted by Snivy or Unfezant, just so that one of them could have gotten a win. Oh well....

I feel like an ounce of depression came upon Ash, especially that moment when Lucario's attack overpowered Electroball. I agree 100% though that Ash should have showed more emotion, because I would have most definitely reacted that way, especially losing to someone like Kotetsu who only used 5 pokemon, and was lucky to have won because of Riolu evolving. Snivy pretty much was about to slay Riolu until it evolved... It just should have set up a comparable reaction to when May lost the Grand coordinator Cup, minus the crying?

He also showed emotion when Latios defeated Swellow but I mean yeah by now, Ash should be more upset after losing Leagues. It was the 5th League he lost, he lost with a numbers advantage, they let his opponent continue battling when he didn't bring a 6th Pokémon and he regressed in this League. All of those things should have made Ash way more upset than he was.

zeno48

Zaker!
yeah i don't care if it's not the same thing since apparently an un-evolved pokemon can match a fully evolved pokemon in the anime, but no that's just bad writing. An un-evolved pokemon shouldn't even come close to matching a fully evolved pokemon especially in the league. This is the league for gods sake, not a don battle type match. There should be a level of difference here in the anime. God this is just one of many quirks i have with ash and this pathetic excuse of a league.

XXD17

Draco rex
NOOO my poor snivy :(...this episode just kinda made me hate my favorite fighting type a little...Lucario is good but in the hands of that idiot, it's like glorifying trash...I wanted lucario to just faint the whole battle...as for good points, let's see...the fact that they promoted flareon to finish lucario was cool considering how flareon's the worst eeveelution...trump card looked really cool...the recap montage was nice...Yeah I didn't like this episode...

dman_dustin

I agree with you on all accounts. Ash should really be more devastated than he was after he lost the battle especially since he went backwards and lost a battle even though he had the numbers advantage. And Cameron should have been disqualified to me. If that happened me, I would be angry and ask why they allowed Cameron to continue.

The thing is it isn't like Cameron cheated.

So he had one less Pokémon, so what?

If he can take all of Ash's 6 Pokémon with just his 5, clearly he deserves to go further than Ash.

I mean I hated the battle, it horrible, and just seem like it was the writers shoving Ash under the bus, just because they were to lazy to come up with something better, but still, why be disqualified when you have one less Pokémon?

Should Tobias have been disqualified because he only used 2 Pokémon against Ash, or because he only used 1 Pokémon against everyone else?

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I can't believe some people. Everyone was expecting Ash to cry after his what, fifth league loss? I'm sure Ash is probably dying inside right now but he probably doesn't have the time to sob. And if he were to, than people would be complaining about him crying like May and Dawn used to. I don't want to see people bash on characters for having emotion but I don't want to see them being emotional recks each time either.

I can't believe some people. Everyone was expecting Ash to cry after his what, fifth league loss? I'm sure Ash is probably dying inside right now but he probably doesn't have the time to sob. And if he were to, than people would be complaining about him crying like May and Dawn used to. I don't want to see people bash on characters for having emotion but I don't want to see them being emotional recks each time either.

Ash needs character development. He needs to show some emotion. I wish Ash went through an arc where he talks about his fears that he will never win a League or become or Pokémon Master and then he ends up winning a League that same saga. That would be great development for him.

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
This battle felt like they really threw Ash under the bus.
Him losing the league at the Top 8 is the last bad thing in this league.
The league was rushed for the N saga and the battles with the exception of Ash vs Stephan was rushed or uninteresting.
Trip's exit had this little emotion.
Honestly I wish there was more battles in this league for the other Pokemon to shine.

Sigh, Even if Ash used his old Pokemon The result would be the same. I'm sure of it.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Ash needs character development. He needs to show some emotion. I wish Ash went through an arc where he talks about his fears that he will never win a League or become or Pokémon Master and then he ends up winning a League that same saga. That would be great development for him.

That would be rushed and sloppy writing. Having emotion each time Ash were to lose like he did in the Kanto region would make him a reck. It's probably the only way that he can keep going without falling apart.

That would be rushed and sloppy writing. Having emotion each time Ash were to lose like he did in the Kanto region would make him a reck. It's probably the only way that he can keep going without falling apart.

He should have showed emotion for this League. I am not saying he should cry every time he loses. But he actually regressed in this League. That should have affected him more. You can disagree but I am sticking to what I said. Ash needs more development.

He should have showed emotion for this League. I am not saying he should cry every time he loses. But he actually regressed in this League. That should have affected him more. You can disagree but I am sticking to what I said. Ash needs more development.

remember ash's brain reset this region

he doesn't remember anything from his journeys from kanto-sinnoh
8)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The thing is it isn't like Cameron cheated.

You fail to realize that this was a full battle, which means that both trainers must have six Pokemon. Cameron didn't have six Pokemon, therefore he broke the most important rule of said battle and should have been disqualified. The only reason why it didn't happen is because the writers were already dead-set on having him beat Ash, so they overlooked the rule that they themselves made, which is just poor writing. The inconsistencies in this League are what made it so terrible to begin with. Regardless, I don't know why anyone would try and justify a clear violation of the League rules. What's next, are we going to pat thieves like Team Rocket on the back if they ever successfully steal a Pokemon?

Anyway, I wish the writers could have at least skipped the flashback at the end of the episode and used that time to show a little bit more of Virgil's battles, or at least longer farewell sequences. They should have shortened Lucario vs. Pikachu as well given that it still would have ended the same way no matter how short or how long it was.

dman_dustin

You fail to realize that this was a full battle, which means that both trainers must have six Pokemon. Cameron didn't have six Pokemon.

It doesn't matter.

If a trainer manages to defeat a trainer with less Pokémon, then they should be able to move on, that's just how it is. No rule forces each trainer to show every one of their Pokémon during a battle to ensure one does have a full team.

Had Lucario actually lost, THEN Ash should've won because Cameron didn't have any more Pokémon despite Ash only beating 5 of his Pokémon.

And Cameron actually believed it was a 5 on 5. It's not like he purposely only brought 5 Pokémon in a full battle. He genuinely believed it was a 5 on 5. I disagree with only bringing 5 Pokémon period, but if the characters want to be idiotic and bring less Pokémon even if it is a less Pokémon battle, then that's their own fault.

Besides the league should've stopped it from happening. We've seen Ash say in the Johto league, that the reason he couldn't use Pikachu is because he registered his other Pokémon, and couldn't.

Wouldn't someone like Nurse Joy, find it puzzling that Cameron only registered 5 Pokémon.

It's no one's fault, except the league officials, because they should've done checks to make sure everyone had the right amount of Pokémon.