• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Unova League Evolution (769)

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Although thrpe League was bad written for several reasons, I expect the outcome of these worse that what really happened.
As expected Lucario wins against Pikachu with an Aura Sphere. But I saw things that I like of the episode:
-Virgil defested Cameron without using his 6th pokemon and with one more pokemkon remaining. Cameron was hit by his own medicine.
-Virgil win the league. Interesting because Ash hasn't left Unova yet and because if they adapt the game story the Champions league will take a part in Episode N.
-Lucario is still out of his pokeball after evolving. If Lucario was put in a pokeball will be weird. Although that wonder me what happens when Axew evolves.

And they put the standard TBC at the end like always. The writers have learnt the lesson to not put the New adventure tag outside of new series.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Virgil's pretty dang good if he took down Hydreigon(i'm gonna assume Cameron did use it) without bringing Glaceon or Vaporeon in there, Flareon beating Lucario was impressive.

I wonder what Cameron's sixth was, but I guess we'll never know.

PokemonMasters

Axiomatic Trainer
I beg ya..can anybody pls tell me where did u see d pics? Serebii's not uploaded yet! Pls post the link..

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

BlueDragonfangirl

Well, I hope the N arc redeems this series, the league sure as heck didn't, I hated the thing in fact this tme. I always love the leagues though, so sucks to be me right nowXD

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
You mean this,

[IMG139]http://i50.*******.com/2z5lta1_th.jpg[/IMG139]

Yes! The shadings definitely different then normal, I wonder why.. :p

I think Kotetsu used 6 in his match against Virgil. Also i think When Lucario fought Flareon, Virgil still had 3 pokemons left to use (though i am not sure about this yet).

Yup. Virgil had three left, but one unused, likely Eevee, based on the same team being used in the finals.

Too bad the only time we saw Leafeon was in it's introduction, I was hoping it would be the one to beat Lucario and give Snivy a pat on the back :p

At least we know it was used against Cameron and Dino based on the full teams being shown after he won.

which just goes to show that people shouldn't assume Ash will always "stick to course" if you get what I mean.

So Kotetsu only had five pokemon after all huh? Reminds me of me^^;

Nope, he had six in his battle with Virgil.

Lol @ Dino. He came a long way didn't he? He was definitely the second strongest person this league.

He definitely had a good team, and I'm surprised that he didn't win against Virgil considering that he had the advantage.

Leafeon, Umbreon, Espeon: All weak to Leavanny and Galvantula's bug moves.
Leafeon, Espeon: Both weak to Mandibuzz's Dark/Flying moves
Espeon: Weak to Cofagrigus
Jolteon: Resisted by Leavanny, Galvantula and Druddigon
Flareon: Resisted by Darmanitan (vice versa) and Druddigon
Eevee: Cofagrigus is immune, but vice versa counts here as well..

Well here is the team that was used by the others,

Dino - Darmanitan, Mandibuzz, Cofagrigus, Leavanny, Galvantula, Druddigon.

Ramone - Lilligant, Stoutland, Beartic, Seismitoad, Chandelure (couldn't identify his 6th one as there isn't a HQ image yet).

The team which Kotetsu used against Virgil is also mostly unknown except Lucario and Hydreigon (the other 4, i couldn't identify because of LQ image).

Last one for Ramone is Durant. A very varied team that would've stood a good chance against Virgil. Lets wait until we get HQ images for Cameron, I'm really interested though..

Virgil's pretty dang good if he took down Hydreigon(i'm gonna assume Cameron did use it) without bringing Glaceon or Vaporeon in there, Flareon beating Lucario was impressive.

I wonder what Cameron's sixth was, but I guess we'll never know.

I really wanna know! xD But it actually looks like a Watchog to me.. You can see the puffy cheeks.

Virgil used: Jolteon, Leafeon, Umbreon and Espeon to take down 5 of Kotetsu's pokemon, as Flareon was new on the board. Meaning that Kotetsu probably went stupid again, with something like sending out Samurott/Swanna vs. Leafeon, or Jolteon. Which makes you wonder what Espeon was doing there at all, unless the fifth pokemon Kotetsu used was neutral or weak to Psychic..

From what I can tell from the picture on Filb, it went like this:

Samurott - Jolteon: Jolteon
Ferrothorn - Jolteon: I assume Jolteon, as Leafeon wouldn't make any sense.
Lucario - Jolteon: Lucario
Lucario - Leafeon: Switch
Hydreigon - Leafeon: Hydreigon
Hydreigon - Umbreon: Umbreon
Swanna - Umbreon: Umbreon
Watchog - Umbreon: Watchog
Watchog - Espeon: Espeon
Lucario - Espeon: Switch
Lucario - Flareon: Flareon

thnx! So Ash's deteriorated after all..!

Yuuuuup...

diakyu

Dang it. I kinda wanted Cameron to win the entire league.

gliscor&yanmega

So Virgil did win after all, well at less you were second Dino you'll get your revenge soon enough.

I saw the pictures and I like the look of it, I really don't care that Ash didn't advance since last time, I prefer a little hiccup along the way, more realistic then always going forward. Just from seeing the pictures I felt intense with Pikachu and Lucario's battle, wasn't sure if it would end in a tie or what, and when I thought it was over they just got back up.

Did Klinklang appear hear(Bublapedia has it down that it appeared but I didn't see anything like it, albeit the shaded Pokemon aren't all that easy to make out, assuming it's from there).

I liked the ending, it looked nice to me, visually and just Ash remembering the people he meet along the way.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Somewhere,in some dark place,maybe a cave,maybe not...Paul is slicing his wrists and jabbing a knife through his heart...

Gary drinks and *****s himself to death...

"How could you,Ash?How could you?"They ask in bewilderment.

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Seriously, nobody else saw that the pokeball Ash was holding was 3D rendered? No comments on this?

Worst league ever, that's for sure..

I did, just didn't comment on it.

Too bad the only time we saw Leafeon was in it's introduction, I was hoping it would be the one to beat Lucario and give Snivy a pat on the back :p

Leafeon was in the final battle, it just wasn't shown battling.

I haven't watched this episode but i will watch it on Pokemon Smash..

Um, what?

Also, Dino had what looks to be a Heatmor, Seismitoad, Gigalith and a Chandelure.

thunderblade12

The writers seriously need to map out the X and Y saga ahead of time before they begin writing it. This saga was irredeemably terrible and seems like they wrote it without any planning. It's like they were trying to find a mid-section between what people say makes the Kanto and Sinnoh sagas great to please everyone, but in the end it caused them to be unfocused and fail at excelling at both. It's understandable as they're probably the two series with the biggest following, but fans of the Kanto saga tend to not care for the Sinnoh saga and vice versa. Very sloppy saga. And it looks like we've got another starter that got treatment as bad as Totodile. Hopefully Snivy can actually win something in the N arc. But if I know the writers, if Ash has seven major battles in the N arc Pikachu will take three of them, Charizard will take two, Pignite will take one and a random new pokemon that Ash obtains late will take one other.

Bardische

Elegance.
And that is proof that you too can win a regional Championship with a team of Eeveelutions.

The writers seriously need to map out the X and Y saga ahead of time before they begin writing it. This saga was irredeemably terrible and seems like they wrote it without any planning. It's like they were trying to find a mid-section between what people say makes the Kanto and Sinnoh sagas great to please everyone, but in the end it caused them to be unfocused and fail at excelling at both. It's understandable as they're probably the two series with the biggest following, but fans of the Kanto saga tend to not care for the Sinnoh saga and vice versa. Very sloppy saga. And it looks like we've got another starter that got treatment as bad as Totodile. Hopefully Snivy can actually win something in the N arc. But if I know the writers, if Ash has seven major battles in the N arc Pikachu will take three of them, Charizard will take two, Pignite will take one and a random new pokemon that Ash obtains late will take one other.

As a writer who plans ahead in advance, I thinbk this was all planned. Just because it's not how you expoected, doesn't make it sloppy.