• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Unova League Evolution (769)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I would have preferred it if Ash had won this match and fought Virgil in a three eppy match. That either had him lose after giving it his all or winning it just barely it would have at least made up for how crappy this league did turn out to be.

Satoshi versus Virgil couldn't have happened anyway, because there simply wasn't enough time (unless Kotetsu had lost to Satoshi right at this episode's beginning, but even then the Satoshi and Virgil match would've been short).

Daizy

I call you honey
I've never liked Cameron at all. For him to beat Ash makes me hate this whole BW saga. I would of rather he lost to a trainer with higher caliber. Why couldn't Ash beat Cameron and lose to Virgil or have Ash and Virgil battle in the Final 8 while Cameron battles Dino.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Russet

This rectangular kid should have won the Unova League. This kid seemed to have had a lot of support behind him. That kind of support just doesn't come to anyone. Especially not from a rectangular prism-like person such as Russet. This kid laid the foundation of what it means to truly advance in your life. A good strong set of supporters were in hopes of this kid winning. But that walking Eevee promotion person just had to take his victory. His fat body winning the Unova League could have been an inspiration to never give up on your Pokemon dreams. But unfortunately Virgil just had to rob that opportunity away. Overall, I pay my respects to Russet. I say we outta to hope that one day he gets his vengeance back and win another Pokemon league.

RedR

Just rewatched this episode after seeing a link to all of Ash's losses on the Pokemon.com TV app.

This episode isn't bad at all! It's just a shame Ash had to lose to someone with only 5 pkmn! :)

When you look at the big picture, it really is a throwback to Ash's first Pokemon league, even down to the shot of Ash running back to Iris and Cilan.
Cameron and Ash's friendship felt like Ritchie and Ash's as well!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Satoshi versus Virgil couldn't have happened anyway, because there simply wasn't enough time (unless Kotetsu had lost to Satoshi right at this episode's beginning, but even then the Satoshi and Virgil match would've been short).
Somehow I get the feeling that Virgil’s entire existence was only meant to hype up Sylveon & the Eevee short that featured it, which is another reason why he never fought against Ash in the League -_-

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mr.Munchlax said:
Somehow I get the feeling that Virgil’s entire existence was only meant to hype up Sylveon & the Eevee short that featured it, which is another reason why he never fought against Ash in the League -_-

In hindsight that's probably true, which is a shame since I thought that Virgil was a better character than Kotetsu. His team being made up of Eievui evolutions was a bit discouraging, but I still thought that he would've been a better "dream killer" in Isshu since he seemed competent.

Red and Blue

Damn a 4-6 loss. Ash really should have used his Krookodile against Cameron. It might have gotten him the win. Shame that he ended back in the top 8 after making the semifinals in Sinnoh

Still not as bad as his final Indigo League match though

RafaSceptile

The main problem with this episode is how it feels like an Indigo League 2.0, especially the final part with Ash in the stadium. The battle itself was good between Pikachu VS Lucario, but the outcome is trash. Also why introduce Virgil if in the end Ash never battled against him? It takes innecesary time onscreen for something better than the Axew filler episode.

Overall, it is a 3/10, still better than the Ash VS Ritchie episode and the Axew filler episode, but probably the 3rd worst Pokémon League Episode to date.

Ash vs Cameron is the most controversial league loss
Ash vs Alain: Hold my beer.
This battle was terrible. Cameron is absolutely braindead and Lucario was treated as a DEM. Unova League is probably the second or third worst league. Also, why did Ash use Oshawott and Unfezant instead of Krookodile and Leavanny? I love Oshawott but he's weak (he did amazing here though). Ash was also stupid at times, but to give credit to Cameron, his team was good even if he only had 5 Pokémon. Snivy didn't even use Attract smh.
Glad that Virgil won but we were robbed of Ash vs Virgil.
This loss makes me wish Ash won the Kalos League even more.

Last edited:

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Rewatched the League today and gosh they made Ash look so miserable in this one. Like they‘ve degraded Ash throughout Unova so many time but this defeat, I just can‘t.

Ash had suxh a great team and this lost and the „win“ against Roxie are such a sore spot in his journey. Really hate how dirtey they did him.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Whew boy I wish I had been around when this League was going on

Must've been a fun time for the fandom :p
Tbh I feel the fandom (and the staff too tbh, considering how screwed over they got by unforeseen circumstances) was just fed up with BW at this point