• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A UU I threw together.

benttwig33

Forum n00b!
Well, typed it up in Word out of bordem, I hope the formatting isnt bad and whatnot. Haven't been here in a while, but whatever! Feel free to give suggestions! i'm fairly new to UU, but I think this team is at LEAST pretty solid.

At a glance: ;106; ;146; ;344; ;160; ;065; ;243;

So, here we go.

Moltres – the Bulky Special Attacker

mball10_080319_20-l.jpg

*Pressure
*Modest
*Leftovers

-Air slash/Hp Fighting
-Flamethrower/Overheat
-Will-o-Wisp
-Roost

*Sp. Att 168/Def 168/spd 168

I figure I will lead with Moltres. Gets a burn in early, has staying power, super awesome special attack stats, and decent moves. I want flamethrower for the staying time, but overheat had more raw power, but will only benefit for 2 turns, after that stat loss is too great. Roost for help stay in of course. Air slash and HP fighting goes either way, air slash has that nice STAB though.

Feraligatr-the Fast Physical Attacker

150px-Feraligatr.jpg

*Torrent
*Adamant
*Item??

-Aqua Jet/Waterfall
-Dragon Dance/Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch

*252 Att/ 168Hp/168 Spd

Physical attacker, I want to use Aqua Jet for priority, which my team lacks. But I cant decide on SD or DD, ahhhhhhh! EQ and Ice Punch for great coverage.

Claydol – the Utility Spinner

v2dex132.gif

*Levitate
*Modest
*Leftovers?

-Rapid Spin
-Calm Mind/Toxic
-Psychic/Earth Power
-Stealth Rock

*252 HP / 144 Def / 114 SpA --------Speed?

I needed a spinner to keep Moltres kicking, best one I found. Also sets up rocks which is a plus, toxis isn’t a nice addition too. Cant decide if I should calm mind it or not, for some defensive backup. Help me out here.

Alakazam – the Special Utility Tricker!

alakazam.gif

*Synchronize
*Modest/Timid
*Choice Scarf

-Thunder Wave
-Trick
-Psychic
-Signal Beam/Shadow Ball / Hp _________?

Or

Sub + Lead

*Inner Focus
*Modest/Timid
*Wise Glasses?

~ Encore
~ Psychic
~ Signal Beam / Hidden Power ________/ Calm Mind
~ Substitute

*40 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe

Simply to Mix it up, spread status and Trick Scarf onto other, or use as a lead with setup #2.

Raikou-The pain

raikou.png

*Pressure
*Modest
*Leftovers

Calm Mind
Discharge
Substitute
HP Fighting/Grass?

*Sp. Def 168/ 168 Hp/ 168 Spd

Dont know about the HP. Discharge for hax, CM for power and sub to sub. Sounds solid, thanks for the suggestions.

Hitmonlee – Reversal

hitmonlee.jpg

*Limber
*Adamant
*Salac Berry

~ Endure
~ Reversal
~ Earthquake
~ Sucker Punch/Mach Punch

*4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Do I honestly need to explain? Source of physical attacking, late game sweeper. Reversal is always fun after enduring and Salac, May add mach punch over sucker punch.

Last edited:

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
Correct me if I'm wrong, It's been awhile since I've played, but in this Metagame, Brave Bird Honchkrow is a huge threat, and you have a gaping weakness to it. It can easily wipe out 4 of your Pokemon, I'd suggest trying to replace Rotom with Raikou, Its Specs set does a decent job of countering Honckrow, as it is faster than Honch, provided it doesnt Sucker Punch.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Any reason why there is a Fearow in your "at a glance"?
And like fschulze47 said, replace Rotom with Raikou. But use the SubCM variant. That thing is amazing.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Lol, ok :)

Your Raikou should be running standard Sweeper EVs (4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe, Timid Nature). Also, with an Electric-Type, you have the opportunity to employ BoltBeam (Ice + Electric = Awesome Coverage. Only resisted by Lanturn, IIRC). Don't miss this chance. Run HP Ice > Fighting or Grass.

Your Moltres should use Air Slash > HP Fighting, then have HP Grass if you are willing to sacrifice another move. I don't know what a good Bulky spread for Moltres is, but it probably runs 252 HP.

Feraligatr should use Dragon Dance IMO. Even though you have Priority in Aqua Jet, Feraligatr cannot sweep effectively without a Spe. Boost. Again, you need Sweeper EVs here (The EV spread that you are using is actually illegal. The EVs total 558/510.) As for items, you can chose between either Leftovers or Life Orb.

Claydol is a defensive Pokémon, so don't give it offensive EVs. 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpDef with a Calm Nature will give you the most rounded defences that you can get out of Claydol. For your attack, you could use Earth Power, but I have found Ice Beam to be pretty effective, since it lets you win against Donphan, one of Claydol's most common Switch-ins, as well as Flying-Types that come in to avoid your attacks.

Alakazam is not bulky enough to use the second set. The first one is fine, but go with Timid so that you can keep some Speed before you die. Focus Blast in the last slot. Why are you using 40 Def EVs?

Finally, Hitmonlee. Run a Jolly Nature and Sucker Punch (or something else) > Earthquake (because Fighting and Ground moves together suck), and you're done.

Hope it helps :)

Last edited: