• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Venipede Stampede (681)

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
I liked the episode :3. Venipedes/Fushides ftw?
It was cool to see a bunch (and I mean a BUNCH) of the little bugs wandering around. I thought that the Fushide that ash saved was especially cute. Trip was annoying and a jerk like usual... and Castelia city didn't seem that spectacular to me. o-o

matt0044

Alright. Today's the day of this Episode's US Airing. And I swear to GOD that should the writers pull a retcon on this episode to move the TP episodes somewhere else, I will f**king scream!

Edit: Thank god, they didn't.

Last edited:

qig

Alright. Today's the day of this Episode's US Airing. And I swear to GOD that should the writers pull a retcon on this episode to move the TP episodes somewhere else, I will f**king scream!

Edit: Thank god, they didn't.

Well, they at least retconned the main 3's involvement with the TP/TR stuff. Take a look at the pictures of the end of the JP episode. http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/681ps11.shtml
The dub edited out Ash, Iris and Cilan from the helicopter.

matt0044

The dub edited out Ash, Iris and Cilan from the helicopter.

Then how will the dub explain why "Giovanni gave up on his plans for the Meteonite?"

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Maybe they'll have have the dub say that the unknown force was waiting for Team Rocket and slaughtered them in a short battle before they even got close, forcing them to rethink their strategy in the Unova Region.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Maybe they'll have have the dub say that the unknown force was waiting for Team Rocket and slaughtered them in a short battle before they even got close, forcing them to rethink their strategy in the Unova Region.

Or maybe they'll say the meteonite was sent to Team Rocket's Unova Headquarters & Givoanni is there analyzing it, that way they could connect the energy from the meteonite with the information from Archen & Archeops that Jessie, James, & Meowth gave to Prof. Zeger in BW039

matt0044

Boy, wouldn't THAT be a treat to see rather than being told.

I still don't get why they can't just let the TP episodes be out of order rather than trying to cover up a simple mistake through retconning. Am I the only person who see the flaws in this?

Tom Greenville

Yep. It was just a short cut. no more than 3 of serebii's pics and potentially just the one.

Personally, I would also have excised Giovanni's scene and had a 15-second painted still of the helicopter, with Ash and Burgh in the last 5 seconds of the still.

Boy, wouldn't THAT be a treat to see rather than being told.

I still don't get why they can't just let the TP episodes be out of order rather than trying to cover up a simple mistake through retconning. Am I the only person who see the flaws in this?

No you are not. I am just as made about all these changes and I have a feeling that down the line they are going to get an episode to tie in saying that Juniper wants them to go there and subsequently would play an extremely revised most likely boring version of the TR vs. TP episodes. Come on writers I know you are trying to appease to the crippled Japan but to really mess up plot lines that people were aware that they are going to happen you are going to lose a few amount of people when trying to understand what is happening.

matt0044

Come on writers I know you are trying to appease to the crippled Japan but to really mess up plot lines that people were aware that they are going to happen you are going to lose a few amount of people when trying to understand what is happening.

Not to mention that the writers are treating this like everyone's going to play along and forget it like the GS Ball. Well, unlike that, the finalized version was done and almost shown via trailers.

Why couldn't TV Tokyo just plan to air the TP episodes later on with no retcons and admit openly that they take place before Ash's third Gym Battle? Wouldn't that be more simple than attempting to hastily rewrite the series?

SmartD

A good episode. Ash and friends encounter a Venipede swarm and manage to get the situation under control. Also Ash's Pidove evolves into Tranquill, which is really neat. I really want to see the Team Rocket/Team Plasma confrontation, but it's still not shown yet. Guess I'll watch the gym episode then.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Enough is enough. Not sure why we must suffer for something that happened in Japan!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I wish Ash caught one, they were right in grasp

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Hmm so it looks like they edited off a bit. Now now people, I know it's frustrating, but really let's think about the pain and chaos Japan went through :< under circumstances like those, I really think we should just be able to forgive and forget.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
When I saw the part with Giovanni toward the end of the episode it only reminded me of the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episodes that I'll never get to see...

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Hmm so it looks like they edited off a bit. Now now people, I know it's frustrating, but really let's think about the pain and chaos Japan went through :< under circumstances like those, I really think we should just be able to forgive and forget.
Still i doubt it was in the US and European fans best interest to ban the dubs... Serebii might as well ad them to the banned episode list... Then again... wasnt a certian episode featuring Wichcash banned for similer reasons?

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Why couldn't TV Tokyo just plan to air the TP episodes later on with no retcons and admit openly that they take place before Ash's third Gym Battle? Wouldn't that be more simple than attempting to hastily rewrite the series?

You still don't realize just how horrifying a 9.0 earthquake followed by three nuclear meltdowns is, do you?

At this point, you have to realize that the episodes that were going to air in March are never going to air and continuing to complain about it will not change anything. The best we're getting is a reboot using either entirely new episodes or versions of BW023 and BW024 so heavily edited that they're not what we were intended to see.

Last edited: